Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Jets Announce 2014 Ticket Price Adjustments

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    May very well have been investment gold on many levels too many factors and not enough winning ruined that still a very slight chance of being investment silver.
    I'm confident the Jets will inevitably win another Super Bowl. At a minimum they will seriously threaten again with an AFC Championship appearance in the next several years.....3, 5, 8, who knows? It's at that point that a fan who wants to unload his PSLs or cash out can do so with a good chance of recovering most/all of his PSL investment. It's those longtime axioms of supply and demand, buy low and sell high which you have to follow. Like the idiots who started selling stocks at Dow 7000 in 2009, then started buying again at Dow 15,000 3 years later....don't be that guy! Be the guy who when optimism is highest, when the Jets are making serial playoff appearances puts his PSLs on the market (assuming you're looking to get rid of them)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You bought a PSL. How do you plan to "drop" that? Are you on the 15 year finance plan? Are you planning on defaulting? You just can't "drop" PSL seats without forfeiting what you paid up-ro-date for the PSL.
    You can forfeit that money already paid and walk away without harm/having to pay off the remaining year (if you did 5 year) or 11 years. They'll send you threatening letters and blah, blah, blah, but they'll never go after the fans.

That said I myself have no intention of giving up my seats. Love this team, blindly, too much.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    All of the features and benefits you cite being a season ticket holder we all had without a PSL prior to 2009. Asking lifetime STHs in 2009 to now pony up hoards of cash for the right to own the tickets they had for 30 years already is what incensed so many people. The fact that you were on the waiting list for 15 years on the outside looking in and had the resources to pay the PSL, well... God Bless, you and many others, you were exactly the type of fan the Jets were hoping were out there.
    Those of us that already owned the car and were loyal to that car and then were asked to start making payments again have a much different view of PSLs than you do.
    I understand, but the average PSL amounts to $13 a game.

If instead of a $4000 PSL and a $125 ticket price the Jets just raised the ticket price to $138 would you have still quit on the new stadium? Was $13 really such a back breaker to anyone?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It's a very good view in my opinion. I'm kind of a value guy, trying to select PSL seats that are good from a price/location standpoint but not overly expensive. I think the Mezzanine A corners give you an economical way to get a solid perspective on the game, a bird's eye view that isn't too far away and let's you see most of the field very well. I wasn't going to finance anything and wanted to grab a PSL that's I'd just write a check for and forget about those sunk costs. $8K for two seats in that location was a good deal IMO and I'm pleased to see that the $125 ticket price isn't changing. That makes the Mezz A an even better value.
    +1

God bless Mezz A.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

If instead of a $4000 PSL and a $125 ticket price the Jets just raised the ticket price to $138 would you have still quit on the new stadium? Was $13 really such a back breaker to anyone?

SAR I
    We were in 112 Row 6 at the old Giants Stadium. Face was $105 in 2008.
    We enjoyed that seat location for years. You could yell at Rex and he could hear you. Had a blast, made many friends in that section.

In 2009 the price went to $700 face and a $20,000 PSL.

We were so bitter about that incredible gouge job we decided not to renew anywhere else based on principle.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Maybe $13 for lower middle class PSLs. But some folks bought 15K to 25K Psls

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    We were in 112 Row 6 at the old Giants Stadium. Face was $105 in 2008.
    We enjoyed that seat location for years. You could yell at Rex and he could hear you. Had a blast, made many friends in that section.

In 2009 the price went to $700 face and a $20,000 PSL.

We were so bitter about that incredible gouge job we decided not to renew anywhere else based on principle.
    I have an idea. Buy a PSL on the resale market for half price, you get your cake and eat it too. You get great seats, and don't give the Jets a nickel for a PSL. Now is the time, when the Jets get better, the bargains will be gone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Is the Half-Season ticket shown here something new?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    Is the Half-Season ticket shown here something new?
    That map was from the old Giants Stadium.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    That map was from the old Giants Stadium.
    You're 100% correct. Thank you...I looked at it too quickly...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That map is last season in old giants stadium where $80 bucks a ticket got you lower level seats with no PSL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That map is last season in old giants stadium where $80 bucks a ticket got you lower level seats with no PSL
    A long long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

We have a better chance of seeing Luke Skywalker than ever seeing lower level seats for $80 without a PSL ever again.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    A long long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

We have a better chance of seeing Luke Skywalker than ever seeing lower level seats for $80 without a PSL ever again.
    The Rams have an interesting concept that if you buy a PSL in a PSL designated section you actually receive a discount off the face value of a ticket versus other STH that do not have a a PSL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are the Rams drafting that new kids who just came out? Looks like a good "fit:?

I actually suggested Jets make available seats on a game by game basis first available at a discount to PSL holders in that section. For instance. Jets are selling individual seats in section 142 first shot should be to PSL holders in 142.

I also suggested to Jets that folks who default on their PSL, that PSL holders in that section who are in good standing should be offered opportunity to pick up remaining balance with no money down. I said most likely they would be most likely candidate to buy it and by offering it no money down with just taking over remaining balance it would be a good reason to own and pay for your PSL on time and a chance to put more season ticket holders in seats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot about those pricing levels. I (starting with my Dad) was in Section 135, row 13 since 1986 through the retirement of the stadium. Forgot just how sweet of a deal that was.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are the Rams drafting that new kids who just came out? Looks like a good "fit:?

I actually suggested Jets make available seats on a game by game basis first available at a discount to PSL holders in that section. For instance. Jets are selling individual seats in section 142 first shot should be to PSL holders in 142.

I also suggested to Jets that folks who default on their PSL, that PSL holders in that section who are in good standing should be offered opportunity to pick up remaining balance with no money down. I said most likely they would be most likely candidate to buy it and by offering it no money down with just taking over remaining balance it would be a good reason to own and pay for your PSL on time and a chance to put more season ticket holders in seats.
    I actually really like both of these ideas. I wish the Jets also gave PSL's holders the ability to access the virtual upgrade program online just like the upper deck season ticket holders have. It would be pretty to cool to see what seats are actually available in my PSL section besides just the seats that my rep tells me are available.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    I actually really like both of these ideas. I wish the Jets also gave PSL's holders the ability to access the virtual upgrade program online just like the upper deck season ticket holders have. It would be pretty to cool to see what seats are actually available in my PSL section besides just the seats that my rep tells me are available.
    The Jets will never deal you any cards face up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets did not even deal with the PSL reps straight up. I noticed in orginal go around some seats were blocked off such as so called sponsor seats, NFL seats etc or simply not listed for sale.

The PSL reps could only sell available inventory For instance Section 142 and section 135 for some magical reason started at row four if you were picking first. And rows 1-3 in sections 144,143 and 134 and 133 did not even exist. However they were selling rows 1-3 in sections 110, 117 and endzones.

So a fan when his turn came and got what is best available got maybe what was available. THis was particularly troubling in Upper Deck where foks like me got offered row 24 corner end zone seats.

I took the upper deck seats but never sat in them instead of hte row 19 LGL seats I was offered. Then magically a few weeks later I was offered row 3 on aisle sponsor seats that just opened, I ended up canceling that deal and they said well we will reoffer to sponsor you missed out. Meanwhile a scalper grabbed those seats and they have been listed on ebay ever since and now PSL is listed for a loss. Then a few weeks later magically even better sponsor seats opened up I actually bought those.

The jets were holding back some good seats and slowly releasing them. I dont blame them as it makes since as if whole inventory at end is the last few rows middle of the aisle seats how do you sell them. But at same time it made luck and persistance factors in gettting good seats when senoirty should have been more of a deciding factor.