Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Louisiana Board of Tourism has to be loving the depiction of its state.

Veteran
    Reggie Ledoux, Reginald Ledoux, Regis Le Deux, King the Second, The Second King, not The Yellow King.

http://io9.com/the-one-literary-refe...ate-1523076497

Jets Insider VIP
    let me just say 3 words - Twin Peaks Ripoff

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    let me just say 3 words - Twin Peaks Ripoff
    Ehh idk. Big David lynch fan, and while this is definite similar style I wouldn't call it a ripoff. Twin Peaks had a lot of supernatural stuff going on.

I feel like I'm watching a great show, but I'm missing something. I need to re watch it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    I feel like I'm watching a great show, but I'm missing something. I need to re watch it.
    I've watched each episode at least 2 times. You pick up so much more the second go round.

Spoilers below...

Too much focus on Woody's daughter for there not to be something there. The lewd drawings, the dolls, the spit roast... The only thing I can correlate her story arc to is the grandfather... He's one of the "higher ups" possibly related to Tuttle or known associates in a business capacity or religious capacity... The tie hasn't been made in the show yet but that's the only reason I can possibly think that in such a well crafted show, they'd introduce something so dark and stay consistent with it (a decade plus within the show)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I've watched each episode at least 2 times. You pick up so much more the second go round.
    Yes, you definitely do. I'm sure I'm gonna watch all of them more than twice. There's a WHOLE lotta stuff going on.

Hall Of Fame
    Good article about the soundtrack to the show with embedded YouTube songs.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/82...ome-soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Spoilers below...

Too much focus on Woody's daughter for there not to be something there. The lewd drawings, the dolls, the spit roast... The only thing I can correlate her story arc to is the grandfather... He's one of the "higher ups" possibly related to Tuttle or known associates in a business capacity or religious capacity... The tie hasn't been made in the show yet but that's the only reason I can possibly think that in such a well crafted show, they'd introduce something so dark and stay consistent with it (a decade plus within the show)...
    I hadn't really thought about this but I must agree. At this point you have to assume she was molested at some point when she was younger and the grandfather (who's been in a couple of episodes) seems like a likely candidate.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have seen this "evil grandfather" theory a lot on the web, and I just don't know where it is coming from. He was on screen for 3 minutes, *****ed about the current state of the world etc... nowhere there did I get the sense that he was involved in any of this.

I think there is a good chance there is something sinister involved with the girls, the way she had the dolls, her drawings, and now trying to become captain of the varsity slut team, lol. I just dont see the link with the grandfather.

I have seen this "evil grandfather" theory a lot on the web, and I just don't know where it is coming from. He was on screen for 3 minutes, *****ed about the current state of the world etc... nowhere there did I get the sense that he was involved in any of this.

I think there is a good chance there is something sinister involved with the girls, the way she had the dolls, her drawings, and now trying to become captain of the varsity slut team, lol. I just dont see the link with the grandfather.
    He was also the person on the other line of the phone after the affair was revealed (wouldn't let WH talk to his wife). A show like this, introducing a character twice, in an adversarial position is unlikely to be coincidence.

All Pro
    The girls had a crowd around another girl having sex when Hart called them to dinner that one time....he looked at it, but didn't say anything. Now, in the last episode, Rust had his beer can figures in a circle. Maybe somehow Rust took this assignment because of something he saw that happened to the girls in his undercover days?
    We wait with bated breath....

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    He was also the person on the other line of the phone after the affair was revealed (wouldn't let WH talk to his wife). A show like this, introducing a character twice, in an adversarial position is unlikely to be coincidence.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    The girls had a crowd around another girl having sex when Hart called them to dinner that one time....he looked at it, but didn't say anything. Now, in the last episode, Rust had his beer can figures in a circle. Maybe somehow Rust took this assignment because of something he saw that happened to the girls in his undercover days?
    We wait with bated breath....
    Yup, the five person circle is a trend. Saw that, the dolls and the pic in the dry cleaner ladies house of the cult dudes on horseback...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Yup, the five person circle is a trend. Saw that, the dolls and the pic in the dry cleaner ladies house of the cult dudes on horseback...
    This one I agree with. Lots of symbolism with circles and stars. There are stars everywhere. Ledoux was talking about black stars b4 he got smoked and if you watch the last scene you can see black stars on broken glass when rust is examining the lattice.

This one I agree with. Lots of symbolism with circles and stars. There are stars everywhere. Ledoux was talking about black stars b4 he got smoked and if you watch the last scene you can see black stars on broken glass when rust is examining the lattice.
    Yessir. Remember the chubby lesbo looking chick he questioned outside the gas station? Star tats down her neck also.

Jets Insider VIP
    Been watching this show. Totally confused im intrigued by it but in reality i have zero clue what the **** is going on

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Been watching this show. Totally confused im intrigued by it but in reality i have zero clue what the **** is going on
    I am the same way with these types of shows. You have to go back and re-watch. It is one of the shows that won't bore you if you do that.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope we still get some more Alexandra Daddario

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/ale...rue-detective/