Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am the same way with these types of shows. You have to go back and re-watch. It is one of the shows that won't bore you if you do that.
    I just started watching episodes 1 - 5 again. half way through 3.

The show makes a lot more sense right now - especially after reading this thread - I'm looking for, and seeing, a lot more.

btw. At this point I'm leaning toward Marty Hart being the bad guy - molested his daughter, killed that girl and is the killer in the present.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I hope we still get some more Alexandra Daddario

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/ale...rue-detective/
    Big deal, Alex. Millions of women can same the same about Bill Clinton.

She is ridiculous, for sure. First caught my eye as the babysitter in Hall Pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

The show makes a lot more sense right now - especially after reading this thread - I'm looking for, and seeing, a lot more.

btw. At this point I'm leaning toward Marty Hart being the bad guy - molested his daughter, killed that girl and is the killer in the present.
    Im curious as to why you think Marty is the killer? I also don't think he molested his daughter. Did he emotionally neglect them? Sure, he even said his biggest failure was inattention but I don't see anything so far that would implicate him. Thats not to say that his daughters aren't involved in something else here, I think they are, I just dont see Marty or the Grandfather as having anything to do with it.

Im curious as to why you think Marty is the killer? I also don't think he molested his daughter. Did he emotionally neglect them? Sure, he even said his biggest failure was inattention but I don't see anything so far that would implicate him. Thats not to say that his daughters aren't involved in something else here, I think they are, I just dont see Marty or the Grandfather as having anything to do with it.
    After re-watching the first three again I've noticed a few things that make me think Hart might be the killer ...

1) These types of shows always seem to have a surprise and watching the first five episodes the first time didn't have me thinking this way at all
    2) He didn't say anything about his daughters dolls in the circle (I, as a father, would have certainly at least asked my daughter about it)
    3) He seemed to overcompensate giving the teen prostitute cash (when he left them at the "Hill-Billie Bunny Ranch". Seemed like he was feeling very guilty or steering people away from him being a pervert
    4) This is more vague - but his reaction to people being interviewed, when something is said that he wasn't expecting - doesn't seem like "wow we may have something" but rather "oh ****, he may be on to me"
    5) When Rust was describing how he ended up in NO he had some wild explanation about all he's done and how he was offered a psych pension but he asked to go to homicide and he was owed some favors but they put him in NO - it was the only thing open. That doesn't sit right with me - He may have been sent there because someone thought Hart was the guy.

I realize none of this proves anything and certainly doesn't make him the guy and some, in not all, of my points above might be far-fetched, but as I've reviewed the first three, it seems possible.

Marty negelectied and his indescretions are what drives this.

I literally cannot watch other TV because this show has made me obsessed. However I feel that the symbolism we all see may be just part of the draw. Sadly, I feel it will turn to the Gov and his people. Nice twist, but I don't feel Marty is in the wrong. He seems like a moron who just tries to guide. Have a feeling his daughter is involved in a murder, Rust and him are doing this on their own, because both were forced out early. My thoughts are tha plan was put in place when marty took the high detective spot and Rust just took a medal. To me, that is most important aspect of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I saw this earlier and about fell out of my chair...

http://imgur.com/a/1EAvX

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

that's the mother of spoilers

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

The missed you the last few days is meant to plant the suspicion of Marty's infidelity...

He isn't the killer.

Jets Insider VIP
    The missed you the last few days is meant to plant the suspicion of Marty's infidelity...

He isn't the killer.
    +1

If Marty was the killer, why would he insist on keeping Rust on the case?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Big deal, Alex. Millions of women can same the same about Bill Clinton.

She is ridiculous, for sure. First caught my eye as the babysitter in Hall Pass.
    Those boobs could cure ghey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    that's the mother of spoilers
    And a huge stretch. Seriously doubt that's gonna be the case at all.
    But good on somebody piecing those together. Didn't catch the buck reference at all when I watched it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You guys are getting me excited about this show. When is it on? How many eps left? I think I'll hit it up on demand tonight and get caught up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You guys are getting me excited about this show. When is it on? How many eps left? I think I'll hit it up on demand tonight and get caught up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have aired 5 episodes - there are 8 in the season

8 TOTAL!

It sounds like the next season is a different cast and everything.

Hall Of Fame
    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...tv-nudie-cutie

PRESIDENT Barack Obama’s newest celebrity crush is a 27-year-old hottie who stripped naked on HBO’s new hit series “True Detective”!

Sources tell The ENQUIRER the commander-in-chief has gone gaga over Alexandra Daddario, a blue-eyed brunette who turned heads in the “Percy Jackson” fantasy adventure films.

On “True Detective,” Alexandra plays the love interest of co-star Woody Harrelson’s character, a cop hunting for a serial killer with his partner, played by Matthew McConaughey.

In a now-famous episode, Alexandra bared all – straddling Harrelson and handcuffing him while taking off her clothes!

“The president can’t get enough of ‘True Detec*tive’ – particularly Alexandra,” a White House source told The ENQUIRER.

“It’s surprising he doesn’t have a poster of her hanging in the Oval Office. He’s totally smit*ten with her.” Alexandra made her showbiz debut at 16 on the soap “All My Children” and later starred in “Texas Chainsaw 3D.”

And at a Feb. 11 state dinner for French President Francois Hol*lande at the White House, Obama reportedly made a beeline for HBO boss Richard Plepler to ask about getting copies of two of the net*work’s top series, “True Detective” and “Game of Thrones.”

According to the “New York Times,” Obama, 52, said he was planning a three-day retreat in Rancho Mirage, Calif. starting on Valentine’s Day and was “looking forward to binge-watching DVDs of his latest favorite television shows.” He also hinted that a “True Detective” marathon is in the works. Wife Michelle didn’t make the trip.

The president even “waved over one of his aides to make sure that Mr. Plepler knew where to send the DVDs to ensure they would make it through White House security,” the “Times” reported.

“Alexandra is Obama’s latest obsession with a Hollywood ac*tress after (‘Scandal’ beauty) Kerry Washington made him weak in the knees,” added another source.

Although there is no evidence the president has ever actually met Alexandra, a source said “when Michelle finds out, she’s no doubt going to blow her stack. She’s had it with his end*less frat boy-like fantasies.”

As The ENQUIRER previously reported, the Obamas’ 21-year marriage has been deteriorat*ing for months, prompting Michelle to consult divorce lawyers.

The First Lady, 50, blew up over her husband’s infatua*tion with Kerry Washington, whom she once banned from the White House. Then Obama made international headlines by shamelessly flirting with Denmark’s dishy female prime minister at the late Nelson Mandela’s memorial service in South Africa.

After his “True Detective” marathon, “Obama will definitely figure out a way to get Alexandra to the White House for a visit,” predicted the source. “Stay tuned.”

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    8 TOTAL!

It sounds like the next season is a different cast and everything.
    Yeah sounds like it each season will have it's own story. Not sure how they are going to top WH and MM. There is some great chemistry there.

Some of the pairing suggested in this article would be pretty awesome: http://www.contactmusic.com/in-depth...olatto_4078105
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 02-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah sounds like it each season will have it's own story. Not sure how they are going to top WH and MM. There is some great chemistry there.
    Setting the bar pretty damn high

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Are you caught up yet?

Spoilers...

Obvious ties to the cult and Woody's daughters at this point. If you watched the preview for next week, what he sees is probably directly related... Also saw this on another site today.

If you don't recognize the place right away, that's the insane asylum where the girl they rescued was living...

And obviously MH's bedroom...

And for your viewing pleasure...

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice finds AGAW

Cant wait for this week.

Not sure how they are going to top Woody Harrelson and Matthew McCaughnehey. There is some great chemistry there..
    ya its gonna be tough. HBO gets the big names, though. I could see them landing a big fish like a Denzel or Russell Crowe nxt season. Add in some Jodie Foster (Clarice!) for good measure...