Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    Must not have TRUE DETECTIVE if he couldn't figure it out
    I read something a few weeks ago talking about that whole thing in ep 3 and why didn't he notice/search the school or whatever it was... I forget the reasoning but it made sense at the time.
    Props to whoever was onto that dude that early on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lawnmower man was a popular theory for the bad guy. Interesting that Rust didn't remember him after visiting the school and seeing all the dream catcher things in there after episode 5.

I still think he might not be the yellow king. Obviously he is one of the main guys. But for the mastermind to be this bumpkin guy who mows lawns...idk kinda anti climactic.

Oh yeah, I don't think he's the mastermind at all, just probably does the most heinous shyt and enjoys it.
    Mastermind is either that Sheriff or someone else up there like that.
    Also think his ex wife's father is involved somehow. Probably molested the ex wife and his grandkids which would explain the girl's drawings and the dolls

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah I know everyone thinks the grandfather is involved. I always saw that as a stretch, and still do...but who knows.

Im fairly certain the girls are involved somehow, we just dont know yet, might never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Lawnmower man was a popular theory for the bad guy. Interesting that Rust didn't remember him after visiting the school and seeing all the dream catcher things in there after episode 5.

I still think he might not be the yellow king. Obviously he is one of the main guys. But for the mastermind to be this bumpkin guy who mows lawns...idk kinda anti climactic.
    It seems there is some sort of heirarchy. The lawnmower man may just do the dirty work. The first scene of the first episode is a big man with the girl on his shoulders. That looks to be him. I know everyone has the father in law in their thoughts--thats a possibility. Does anyone find the character of the one cop with white hair--originally brings tuttle's task force in. In episode 6, he is sitting with the chief telling Cohle to stop? I believe he is involved too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Oh yeah, I don't think he's the mastermind at all, just probably does the most heinous shyt and enjoys it.
    Mastermind is either that Sheriff or someone else up there like that.
    Also think his ex wife's father is involved somehow. Probably molested the ex wife and his grandkids which would explain the girl's drawings and the dolls
    100% the father in law is in on it. Explains the daughters drawings in the notebook especially the 3rd page with the girls arms behind her back and a guy with a mask/spaghetti face next to her. And isn't she the daughter who's on medicine in present day?

100% the father in law is in on it. Explains the daughters drawings in the notebook especially the 3rd page with the girls arms behind her back and a guy with a mask/spaghetti face next to her. And isn't she the daughter who's on medicine in present day?
    Yep. She's also the one who was bangin the 2 kids who Marty whooped up on in the tank.

Couple of things which makes me believe the father in-law is involved and Maggie may know of something or believes in this yellow king stuff:

1.) I felt in the last episode when Marty goes over her house and she asked is he going to see her again, he didn't speak up. Did he go over to get a read on her? Is there something they know?

2.) In the episode where Marty smacks his daughter--Maggie runs up, knocks on the door and says "it is just me." I may be diving in too deep---but do they each have an understanding?

Who knows, great show

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    Couple of things which makes me believe the father in-law is involved and Maggie may know of something or believes in this yellow king stuff:

1.) I felt in the last episode when Marty goes over her house and she asked is he going to see her again, he didn't speak up. Did he go over to get a read on her? Is there something they know?

2.) In the episode where Marty smacks his daughter--Maggie runs up, knocks on the door and says "it is just me." I may be diving in too deep---but do they each have an understanding?

Who knows, great show
    I think the show is that deep that even the smallest details and things people say that you might just blow off and think its nothing could be clues and hints towards future

Jets Insider VIP
    Why do the drawing implicate the father in law? Yes obviously something odd happened with Adurey...how does that automatically make the grandfather involved. I just don't see the evidence at all.

It feels like they are wrapping this show up too quickly. All of this is supposed to be resolved in 1 episode? I have a feeling we will all be disappointed. BTW, I thought the video Rust showed to Marty was going to be his own daughter. That would have been some cold blooded xxxx.

Quote Originally Posted by ten-not-done View Post
    It feels like they are wrapping this show up too quickly. All of this is supposed to be resolved in 1 episode? I have a feeling we will all be disappointed. BTW, I thought the video Rust showed to Marty was going to be his own daughter. That would have been some cold blooded xxxx.
    That's what I thought about the video too.

Why do the drawing implicate the father in law? Yes obviously something odd happened with Adurey...how does that automatically make the grandfather involved. I just don't see the evidence at all.
    If I'm not mistaken I thought they said this group was filled with rich older men or men with power ie sheriff governor rev. But it's possible I could be remembering wrong if not the father in law sort of fits. Going to rewatch the show this weekend try to see what I missed

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    He's the guy, no doubt - scars like spaghetti on his chin/jawline, and 'green ears' - Marty and Rust have to connect with him at some point.
    they did, i dont recall the ep # but he was the guy in the lawn mower that Rust started speaking too and Woody honked the horn about a lead on the meth guy

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    they did, i dont recall the ep # but he was the guy in the lawn mower that Rust started speaking too and Woody honked the horn about a lead on the meth guy
    End of episode 3

All League

Wasn't it just the two "new" cops that saw lawnmower man?

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Yeah, it was the interrogators. The "Company Men"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Nope Rust questioned him briefly in episode 3 outside the Light of the Way Academy before they got the call about Reggie Ledoux.

Rust also went back to the light of the way school at the end of episode 5 after learning that the yellow king might still be in business.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Oh yes! Even more of a reason this show kicks royal ass.

Those breasts are perhaps the greatest naturals in the history of television. It was almost unfair.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Those breasts are perhaps the greatest naturals in the history of television. It was almost unfair.
    Who dat 24?