Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was always kinda partial to Jamie Lee Curtis in Trading Places.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    they did, i dont recall the ep # but he was the guy in the lawn mower that Rust started speaking too and Woody honked the horn about a lead on the meth guy
    Yeah, I meant make the connection that he's the spaghetti face.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I thought they said this group was filled with rich older men or men with power ie sheriff governor rev. But it's possible I could be remembering wrong if not the father in law sort of fits. Going to rewatch the show this weekend try to see what I missed
    the father in law is definitely rich, lives out in the woods, do he could fit, we don't know what he does our how powerful he is yet - but considering the way things are going, it's hard to believe they would have that scene with the in-laws, give you some background, and the phone call, and that would be it for them. Everything seems to mean something here.

Also, multiple people talked about 3 young men in addition to the old men, that would likely be Ledoux and his brother, who both died that day they rescued the girl and found the deaf boy, and the lawnmower/spaghetti man.

I think there's another Banshee connection too - I think the Amish 'teacher' from season 2 (that gets his teeth pulled out) is the guy Rust and Red meet at the Sportsman's Lounge, that doesn't take the bait on the coke-for-cook deal but then leads them to Ledoux.
    Last edited by isired; 03-04-2014 at 09:31 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice that they closed this week's episode with some Townes Van Zandt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Nice that they closed this week's episode with some Townes Van Zandt.

The music has been phenomenal. Love this tune.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only on episode 5, but Mcconaughee's verbal drivel is getting annoying at times.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched first 5 episodes, thought I was watching a good show but was missing something, so re-watched. I finished all 7 that have aired.

Visually it's great. Top notch cinematography, that 6 min scene that was filmed in one shot was just outstanding. Plus the women on that show.. Have mercy. The acting is pretty damn good too, but I think MM is walking a thin line between great acting and overacting. WH isn't getting enough credit.

The story to me just isn't that interesting or original. A "who done it show" isn't groundbreaking. The Killing on AMC had a lot of the same themes. I also think they will have a tough time connecting all the dots in the final episode, we'll see.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 03-05-2014 at 04:34 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance Marty is the yellow king and shot Ledoux to cover everything up?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    A lot of people think so... I don't. I think the yellow king is going to remain unseen, turn out to be the spirit that they think they're doing all of this nonsense for, out maybe just a problem for season 2. Can't see them wrapping that up this week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    A lot of people think so... I don't. I think the yellow king is going to remain unseen, turn out to be the spirit that they think they're doing all of this nonsense for, out maybe just a problem for season 2. Can't see them wrapping that up this week.
    Season 2 is a whole different story, different actors etc. They only have 8 eps to tell the story.
    I don't believe the identity of the Yellow King will be revealed. Some kind of devil shyt. And Marty is not involved, but I think he's been missing a whole lot of clues right under his nose that may have tipped him off to some shady stuff if he was a good husband/father.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You had a poor argument after the first 5 episodes. Anyone who honestly thinks this after 7 episodes just isn't paying attention.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Season 2 is a whole different story, different actors etc. They only have 8 eps to tell the story.
    I don't believe the identity of the Yellow King will be revealed. Some kind of devil shyt. And Marty is not involved, but I think he's been missing a whole lot of clues right under his nose that may have tipped him off to some shady stuff if he was a good husband/father.
    No Woody & McConaghy, I know, but I didn't read where the whole story is different, are you sure? I've read speculation that the 2 detectives (Papania & Gilbough) will realize Rust had nothing to do with it, and that their superiors are covering up, at best, and take up where Rust left off. Many of those theories think this next episode doesn't end well for one or both of our boys.

I agree with your last paragraph though, I'm thinking the same way. I think Marty's father in law is involved, and that's how Audrey got put into it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    No Woody & McConaghy, I know, but I didn't read where the whole story is different, are you sure? I've read speculation that the 2 detectives (Papania & Gilbough) will realize Rust had nothing to do with it, and that their superiors are covering up, at best, and take up where Rust left off. Many of those theories think this next episode doesn't end well for one or both of our boys.

I agree with your last paragraph though, I'm thinking the same way. I think Marty's father in law is involved, and that's how Audrey got put into it.
    Yeah, I heard from the beginning that it was a different story-line altogether. Like Twilight Zone kinda stuff or something?

I did hear that they wanted MM to do season 2 but he turned it down.

Also, I think season 2 is a different Director as well

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    You had a poor argument after the first 5 episodes. Anyone who honestly thinks this after 7 episodes just isn't paying attention.
    If I'm right, you owe me a beer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched episodes 1-7. This show kicks ass. Can't wait for the finale.

And that Soup trailer was pretty funny. Although I'm not sure why they had Woody's character doing the mush mouth stuff... but either way.

Honestly I haven't found it difficult to follow at all but maybe it's because I'm smarter than most every person on the planet.
    Last edited by southside; 03-07-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Just watched episodes 1-7. This show kicks ass. Can't wait for the finale.

And that Soup trailer was pretty funny. Although I'm not sure why they had Woody's character doing the mush mouth stuff... but either way.

Honestly I haven't found it difficult to follow at all but maybe it's because I'm smarter than most every person on the planet.
    ...as evidenced by your use of grammar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    ...as evidenced by your use of grammar.
    It's pretty stellar, I know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of people think that. But I don't think a huge twist is the direction the are going.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that last episode was pretty good.

Very entertaining mini-series.