Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

True Detective

This show deserves its own thread. Surprised nobody started one yet.

Incredible show. HBO has the ish locked down with Game Of Thrones and now this...
    I read some things that say this is gonna have a different cast every season of 8 episodes.
    If you don't have HBO you should really find the links and watch it. Gonna win a sh*t ton of awards I'll tell you that.
    Soundtrack kills too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a single-shot EPIC f***ing scene! I wouldn't personally consider it a spoiler.
    Filmed in a real housing project

from ep 4

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only saw one scene of a babe with huge boobs strip for Woody Harrelson.

Seems worth it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

Seems worth it!
    Oh yes! Even more of a reason this show kicks royal ass.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I was liking it, but episode 4 and, in particular, the scene Hitman posted, put it into another stratosphere. Great, great episode of what's shaping up to be a great show. Haven't felt so tense, such a rush, from a TV show since an episode of Homicide years ago, if anyone remembers, where Kellerman was gonna eat his gun on his boat and his partner spent the whole episode talking him down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its been great so far. The music is outstanding and I have added a few of the songs to my spotify playlist.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question to those who have been watching so if you havent watched it yet do not read:

Why do you guys think they went about the whole biker gang thing "off the books" as Rust said? Wouldn't it have been feasible for them to tell their superiors about the biker gang and their possible connection to Ledoux, and then they could have set up a legit detail on the gang and not have to go about it all sneaky like? Obviously this is a huge problem now as the current day detectives do not seem to buy Rust's personal time visit to his father.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Oh yes! Even more of a reason this show kicks royal ass.

Those boobs were EPIC!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Those boobs were EPIC!
    What's her name?...for ...ehem...research.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's her name?...for ...ehem...research.
    Alexandra Daddario

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I have a question to those who have been watching so if you havent watched it yet do not read:

Why do you guys think they went about the whole biker gang thing "off the books" as Rust said? Wouldn't it have been feasible for them to tell their superiors about the biker gang and their possible connection to Ledoux, and then they could have set up a legit detail on the gang and not have to go about it all sneaky like? Obviously this is a huge problem now as the current day detectives do not seem to buy Rust's personal time visit to his father.
    The only thing I thought was he was not authorized to go undercover. On top of that there was one death that we saw, who knows how many more may have. My guess is there is going to be more to that scene, as the times keep jumping around. (We have already seen Reggie Ledeux.) I am guessing the resoning ties into the shootout. I will guess that there is going to be some insane plot twist at the end however, because it seems too obvious they
    suspect Rust

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    The only thing I thought was he was not authorized to go undercover. On top of that there was one death that we saw, who knows how many more may have. My guess is there is going to be more to that scene, as the times keep jumping around. (We have already seen Reggie Ledeux.) I am guessing the resoning ties into the shootout. I will guess that there is going to be some insane plot twist at the end however, because it seems too obvious they
    suspect Rust
    I think there is some sort of connection between the Bike Gang and the death of Matt M's daughter?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really liking it. Didn't know MM was such a good actor. The guy is skinny as **** now,what happened? He should quit with all the stupid rom-coms put his shirt on and do more roles like this.
    Last edited by ten-not-done; 02-11-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Edited for homoerotic misspelling "Rom-comes"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ms. Daddario is very well put together. That is not to say that someone here will not find a flaw in those boobs.

As for the show the last episode was awesome. It is really turning into a great show.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ten-not-done View Post
    Really liking it. Didn't know MM was such a good actor. The guy is skinny as **** now,what happened? He should quit with all the stupid rom-coms put his shirt on and do more roles like this.
    He lost a ton of weight for "Dallas Buyers Club". He plays a guy with AIDS. I think he is up for an Academy Award. Very underrated actor.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

I was thinking it may have something to do with the boss and not wanting to give them any resources whatsoever unless they have a solid suspect.
    Who knows though. There's definitely gonna be some shockers in there.
    Also they are making it out to look like MM is a suspect... Don't know if that's the case or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, soundtrack kicks ass. I really wish I knew what the song at the end of the episode with the "monster" was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like