Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Interested in Matt Shaub

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Interested in Matt Shaub

Per rotoworld. I wouldn't mind getting him he would be a better option than Vick if Idzik is looking for a veteran. But this is Cimini's report so I take it with a grain of salt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vick would be better than Schaub just because he is familiar with MMs system. I wouldn't be happy with either one to be honest.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Vick would be better than Schaub just because he is familiar with MMs system. I wouldn't be happy with either one to be honest.
    I'd be happier with Shaub as a backup than Vick as a starter. Neither one of them should command a ton of dough for salary.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rex would love to have Vick on his team. He loves the wildcat/option for some odd reason and Vick would be perfect for those packages.

Personally, I'd like to never see that formation again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I think Rex would love to have Vick on his team. He loves the wildcat/option for some odd reason and Vick would be perfect for those packages.

Enough with the wildcat formation already. Nobody really uses it succesfully anymore of the final four teams in the playoffs how many use wildcat packages? 0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    I'd be happier with Shaub as a backup than Vick as a starter. Neither one of them should command a ton of dough for salary.
    I dunno. It's an awful FA market for QB's and the great QB draft class of '14 looks like it isn't materializing. As crazy as it sounds a scrub like Matt Schaub might be able to get more than a couple mil.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post

I agree on all fronts. I agree that Rex more than likely wants Vick and enough of the cat. Not sure of the love affair with Schaub. The years he is good always seems to be a subset, as he usually gets hurt. This year, he was worse (or as bad as Sanchez) Would rather Geno and a Mettenberger/Mcarron option. Then a Henne/McCown 3rd type

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Per rotoworld. I wouldn't mind getting him he would be a better option than Vick if Idzik is looking for a veteran. But this is Cimini's report so I take it with a grain of salt.
    Schaub is toast and he knows it. He's not what we need here. Not that I remotely want Vick, but I'd rather have him over Schaub any day as he knows MM's offense and is more like Geno than Schaub is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Vick is way worse than Schaub, IMO. He's one concussion away from drinking his meals through a straw for the rest of his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Schaub is toast and he knows it. He's not what we need here. Not that I remotely want Vick, but I'd rather have him over Schaub any day as he knows MM's offense and is more like Geno than Schaub is.
    I don't want either one of those clowns. Vick is done and Matt Schaub is a never-was. Even as a backup. They're just going to plug up our cap and create a silly qb controversy anytime Geno throws a pick next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Vick is way worse than Schaub, IMO. He's one concussion away from drinking his meals through a straw for the rest of his life.

+1

I understand that Schaub stunk last season, but he's really not that far removed from being a pretty good QB.

Vick is completely finished -- he's the only QB in the league who has turned it over at the same rate Jets QBs have for the last few years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Draft a QB and move on from the retreads.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    +1

I understand that Schaub stunk last season, but he's really not that far removed from being a pretty good QB.

Vick is completely finished -- he's the only QB in the league who has turned it over at the same rate Jets QBs have for the last few years.
    He's a game manager.

His stats were propped up by Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and Arian Foster.

That said, he may be a bit better than Geno. Not much.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    definitely want vick on the team. if you watched football last season Vick was on his way to a monster season. schaub was absolutely terrible last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post

If this is true I changed my mind. Sign this Beast!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Shaub is a ***** with a capital p, no thanks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    definitely want vick on the team. if you watched football last season Vick was on his way to a monster season. schaub was absolutely terrible last year.
    Not to be a jerk but Vick was on his way to a monster season in week 3?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    If by monster you mean scary then yeah.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...9/michael-vick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    Not to be a jerk but Vick was on his way to a monster season in week 3?
    Vick had a good half facing a putrid Resdkins secondary that couldn't stop Tim Couch. Oh and if he comes here he won't have Desean Jackson and Lesean McCoy to throw to.

Jets sign Michael Vick = Tim Tebow part deux

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Vick had a good half facing a putrid Resdkins secondary that couldn't stop Tim Couch. Oh and if he comes here he won't have Desean Jackson and Lesean McCoy to throw to.

Jets sign Michael Vick = Tim Tebow part deux
    Vick can throw so maybe not. I guess if you are all in with Geno, Vick is a nice backup(not wildcat) I keep just picturing Geno is this QB class. I don't really think highly of bridgewater, bortles or maziel. Yet, I think they are better fits for the WCO tha Geno. I am not sure why McCarron and Mettenberger are dropping down to the 4th or 5th )(Mettenberger is hurt, understood but..) but I feel that Wilson, Flacco, etc have proved that with a great defense, accurate game managers can win. I would take the 3 top SEC QBs over Geno and the QB FA field right now. But if we are all in with geno, then Vick is my back up pick. (pure back-up---thats it)