Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets: Offseason

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maclin is far from a scrub and he fits system perfectly. I would go after him first in FA, plus they can get him for cheap since he is coming off an injury. Benjamin is a monster also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Not that i'm a huge Nicks fan,but would he sign w the JETS for a little less than another new team,so he just has to change locker rooms & Jerseys not his or his families whole life?
    I think it is much more likely that he goes home to Charlote, they have the need, I think that is where his daughter lives tool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CroMo3196 View Post
    Sry I am new to this and learning lol.. Maclin over nicks. I am not a fan of Lee, rather go after fsu kelvin Benjamin if we do not trade up. Benjamin is a big body and sure hands.
    Just relax, and speak normally. I get the feeling I'm reading a list. If you're going to make a list then separate your points. That's all. Carry on.

That said, I want to stick with the BPA. If the receivers are gone, there's nothing we can do about it. Then we should draft quantity in the middle rounds. One or two of those middle round WRs is going to be a steal. I just don't know which one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    So you are certain enough that sammy watkins (6 feet 205) will be a better player than marquise lee (6 feet 195) that you want to give up at least a 3rd and probably more one of the deepest drafts in years to get him?
    This is why our GM has the job and some of these guys don't.
    Trade UP for a WR when this is the deepest draft in WR in recent history....Yup, that sounds like a solid plan for rebuilding.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree with you about Maclin. ACL injuries do not rob players of their straight line speed and they are not the career killers they used to be, even though this is his 2nd. I think Maclin could be one of those post hype players that flourish in a new city. I would not mind landing him for a reasonable price, with the understanding that a play making receiver/TE in the draft was also a priority.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maclin really wants to stay in Philly, so unless the Eagles completely abandon him, we might have to overbid. In that case I say no way.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-i-want-to-be

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    Maclin really wants to stay in Philly, so unless the Eagles completely abandon him, we might have to overbid. In that case I say no way.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-i-want-to-be
    Money talks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Money talks.
    So does having a QB and a system that will helps put up huge numbers. That way he can get a long term big money deal.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    got a feeling Maclin stays in Philly and Decker wants too much $.....Emmanuel Sanders may be only positive option...upgrade but not a game changer. Although a 1st or 2d rd WR with Sanders would be a nice upgrade.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Money talks.
    This is true. I like Maclin, I just don't want to overpay for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik needs to tell all of the youngsters we really want to all take a ride to this secret Jets party and have the limo pulled over and everyone arrested for cannabis.

Problem solved. No trading picks, no moving around... BRILLIANT!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go hard for Sammy "The Jet" Watkins & take a chance on tall WR Kenny "Braylon 2.0" Britt after we work him out.

Sammy Watkins, Kenny Britt, Jeremy Kerley, David Nelson & Stephen Hill.

Maybe draft another WR later in the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Go hard for Sammy "The Jet" Watkins & take a chance on tall WR Kenny "Braylon 2.0" Britt after we work him out.

That sounds like night and day to this team and would have a chance to be as good as the Defense. I think Geno could get it done with some playmakers around him.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanders would be a solid upgrade. Anything right now to help geno would be best option.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    That sounds like night and day to this team and would have a chance to be as good as the Defense. I think Geno could get it done with some playmakers around him.

I really like Watkins and would be ok signing Britt on the cheap ...