Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Reason I'm Wary Of Manziel

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manziel is a ridiculously good QB prospect, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Only second to Famous Jameis Winston.

    Johnny Football will absolutely tear it up in the NFL. I've got no doubts.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's got bust written all over him. It's not his ability, it's his head.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion the decision comes down to the GMs career/liveliehood.

    If you take clowney and manziel is great you survive and can work in this league as clowney is the consensus top prospect.

    If you take manziel and he flops when you pass on clowney you get fired and it stays with you your entire career.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    His size, his ability to throw from the pocket (Check out the LSU Game) are what concern me.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tebow was a fullback pretending to be a QB. Wuerfell and Ward were products of the fun n' gun system. I think Manziel's skill set translates better to the pro game my bigger concern is durability since he likes to run and take hits. No way he makes it to us at 18 unless some crazy incident happens between now and the draft.
    Danny Weurfel was pretty highly touted talent.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    His size, his ability to throw from the pocket (Check out the LSU Game) are what concern me.
    People here dont watch games they just look at the stat line. He struggled in a few big games this year. Thought is was obvious the coaching staff didnt trust his arm in spots. IMO He was figured out IN COLLEGE!

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    These are credible reasons but may I add 3 or 4?

    1.) Danny Weurfel
    2.) Tim Tebow
    3.) Tommie frazier (Don't bring up the disease deeks)
    4.) Charlie Ward
    What?

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schwartz View Post
    Manziel is a ridiculously good QB prospect, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Only second to Famous Jameis Winston.

    Johnny Football will absolutely tear it up in the NFL. I've got no doubts.
    I have to agree with the Schwang....the times I've seen him play reminds me of Elway in college (go ahead and pile on) but dude tips the field - only thing that would hold him back is his attitude. He gets on the right team -someone willing to nuture him - he will be great.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    The bratty nonsense he pulled in Texas A&M makes me question how
    he'll handle being the leader of an NFL team.
    I've read his leadership is the last thing to be questioned with this guy

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    People here dont watch games they just look at the stat line. He struggled in a few big games this year. Thought is was obvious the coaching staff didnt trust his arm in spots. IMO He was figured out IN COLLEGE!
    There's also a ton games where he performed well. It's not landslide. His arm is fine, his touch is pro-level and his accuracy is above average. It's the decision making that will be under scrutiny.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I've read his leadership is the last thing to be questioned with this guy
    The people questioning him as a person have no basis for that as they have never met or spoke to him. We have no idea what he was like in the A&M locker room, meetings, or in the huddle. Those are the key things that need to be determined.

    You could say "what a jerk he was taking money for signing stuff" OR you could say "he was being a loyal friend signing stuff for someone he grew up with his whole life to make some money".

    There are VERY Few people on earth that know this kid as a person and none of them are on JI. He has done some real dumb things (getting kicked out of the manning camp being the biggest one IMO) but there are plenty of QBs who loved to party and did some questionable off the field stuff, including our own SB champion joe namath.

  12. #32
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    3,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    The bratty nonsense he pulled in Texas A&M makes me question how
    he'll handle being the leader of an NFL team. These quotes don't help
    either:

    http://nypost.com/2014/02/14/johnny-...t-drafting-me/


    He sounds like a certain head coach I know....

  13. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    These are credible reasons but may I add 3 or 4?

    1.) Danny Weurfel
    2.) Tim Tebow
    3.) Tommie frazier (Don't bring up the disease deeks)
    4.) Charlie Ward
    Charlie Ward did not play in the NFL

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,520
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those quotes in that article sound like Rex Ryan, and I'm happy Rex is our coach.

  15. #35
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    agreed. He is not for the Jets!
    Why, cuz he's good?

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    There are VERY Few people on earth that know this kid as a person and none of them are on JI. He has done some real dumb things (getting kicked out of the manning camp being the biggest one IMO) but there are plenty of QBs who loved to party and did some questionable off the field stuff, including our own SB champion joe namath.
    And here's the catch. As a QB, if you win a SB, all that stuff won't matter. It's 'charming' or 'just being a character'. You don't win that SB and you're an immature ass who's barely one step above Ryan Leaf. That's why we all loved Joe. But a kid like Manziel who's done nothing in the NFL yet already playing the prima donna card is setting himself up for a really bad ride with the press and fans already no matter where he goes (outside of Texas). If I really believed he was as good a prospect as Luck or Newton or even Bridgewater in this case, I'd be more tolerant, but I want no part of that act here because if he doesn't have immediate success (which I don't think he will) he will be crushed by the media and fans and we'll have Sanchez all over again.

    If we're going to roll the dice on a QB prospect, I'd rather it be a kid who's here to play ball for the Jets, not here to prove something to the Texans to salve his wounded ego.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I have to agree with the Schwang....the times I've seen him play reminds me of Elway in college (go ahead and pile on) but dude tips the field - only thing that would hold him back is his attitude. He gets on the right team -someone willing to nuture him - he will be great.
    That's the key right there. Manziel has to be on the right team. If he goes to the Jacksonville Jaguars he will be a disaster. Houston Texans would be the ideal situation for him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us