Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77

Thread: Bridgewater... F A N T A S T I C ! ! !

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teddy Bridgewater is a pro ready QB leaving Louisville, while Geno smith was a College QB leaving for the NFL.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    No disrespect but really what you state are the only things Geno does better...

    Bridgewater is far more refined - anticipation, accuracy, experience taking snaps under center, mechanics - throwing motion and footwork...

    He's better than Geno for the same reasons Drew Brees is better.
    Bridgewater took the less snaps under C Geno did his last year. Geno actually took something like 4% of his snaps under C his SR year but people always seem to forget that. Neither took a ton out of C at all. I dont see a big difference in how they looked in school either. Teddy is not more refined at all maybe less because he saw almost no D at all vs what he faced. Overall they are very alike products coming out. Teddy IMO has better footwork but Geno was faster and more accurate. Not so sure Geno has a stronger arm either.

  3. #23
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    654
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all do respect to the OP, I would rather take Mettenberger in the 2nd or 3rd I think he is going to suprise some people.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Bridgewater took the less snaps under C Geno did his last year. Geno actually took something like 4% of his snaps under C his SR year but people always seem to forget that. Neither took a ton out of C at all. I dont see a big difference in how they looked in school either. Teddy is not more refined at all maybe less because he saw almost no D at all vs what he faced. Overall they are very alike products coming out. Teddy IMO has better footwork but Geno was faster and more accurate. Not so sure Geno has a stronger arm either.
    I don't have the stats, but find this hard to believe as Louisville runs a pro-style offense. The responsibilities Bridgewater had and the pre-snap reads were more similar to what an NFL team would do. His coach, Watson said in 30 years, he's never had a guy catch on so quickly and that Bridgewater was another coach on the field.

    This is a far cry from what Geno was asked to do and it showed in his first year. Physically Geno was ok, mentally he was behind all year. I'm not saying Geno can't be a good qb, I just think he has a lot more work to do to get there.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    With all do respect to the OP, I would rather take Mettenberger in the 2nd or 3rd I think he is going to suprise some people.
    No offense taken... I like him too actually quite a bit, but not in rd. 1 or 2.

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    He reminds me of another college QB, Geno Smith.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I don't have the stats, but find this hard to believe as Louisville runs a pro-style offense. The responsibilities Bridgewater had and the pre-snap reads were more similar to what an NFL team would do. His coach, Watson said in 30 years, he's never had a guy catch on so quickly and that Bridgewater was another coach on the field.

    This is a far cry from what Geno was asked to do and it showed in his first year. Physically Geno was ok, mentally he was behind all year. I'm not saying Geno can't be a good qb, I just think he has a lot more work to do to get there.
    Louisville runs an airraid system. Very few plays under C and most of that was run plays. Teddy also had a wrist injury and played a few games with 0 under C. He does run a much better play action then Geno did. 95% of his passing plays where out of shotgun or pistol. He will transition better then Geno but he didnt do a lot under C. Geno took a ton of snaps though his SR year. He just didnt look impressive under C.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Teddy Bridgewater is a pro ready QB leaving Louisville, while Geno smith was a College QB leaving for the NFL.
    I just dont like that term pro ready. Guys like Lienart and Sanchez were pro ready and it didnt make them better QBs long term. In what I have seen if your taking a QB early because he "pro ready" your over drafting. I dont think Teddy is pro ready but he certainly is worth a 1st round pick gien his skills and ability.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teddy's the best QB in this class, still don't know if his ceiling is higher than Geno's. Geno has just scratched the surface.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Louisville runs an airraid system. Very few plays under C and most of that was run plays. Teddy also had a wrist injury and played a few games with 0 under C. He does run a much better play action then Geno did. 95% of his passing plays where out of shotgun or pistol. He will transition better then Geno but he didnt do a lot under C. Geno took a ton of snaps though his SR year. He just didnt look impressive under C.
    you might be right, but it's a moot point, he's fine under center. The thing with Bridgewater is that he doesn't really have any true weaknesses, so people manufacture them.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Teddy's the best QB in this class, still don't know if his ceiling is higher than Geno's. Geno has just scratched the surface.
    I agree with this. I like Blake but he has that Gabbert like shadow on him IMO. He could be good but he doesnt have Teddy's upside. Everyone else is far behind.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Teddy's the best QB in this class, still don't know if his ceiling is higher than Geno's. Geno has just scratched the surface.
    Could be true, but Geno is more likely to bust too I think.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,556
    Post Thanks / Like

    I've been there

    I've been to Bridgewater, NJ, it aint that special.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    you might be right, but it's a moot point, he's fine under center. The thing with Bridgewater is that he doesn't really have any true weaknesses, so people manufacture them.
    I only saw like 3 of his games this year to be honest one of which I think he was hurt. I do agree he is much better under C then Geno was. I think Teddy is a mystery because he played no one at all in college. I look at his body of work and he might as well be playing in Harvard. I think he is a total question mark until he gets on a pro field vs other pro caliber players. I dont feel he is "pro ready" but he is a guy that can pick up any aspect of the game.

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I would take Clowney over all of them and that's what I think the Texans need to do.

    That said Bridgewater is a better qb prospect than Manziel and Bortles when I disregard media hype.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    No disrespect but really what you state are the only things Geno does better...

    Bridgewater is far more refined - anticipation, accuracy, experience taking snaps under center, mechanics - throwing motion and footwork...

    He's better than Geno for the same reasons Drew Brees is better.
    Bridgewater is definitely a more refined prospect (in peoples minds) than Geno was at this point last year and will certainly be a top 10 pick which he unquestionably deserves to be.

    The reason I mentioned the things Geno does well is that he was knocked to the second round due to the things scouts think he CANT do we.. But when you look at Bridgewaters entire picture, he has some pretty big red flags, size being one of them, that people don't seem to be highlighting. Im just saying he isn't a can't miss guy - he's a very strong prospect, that has some areas to get better.

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Se

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    1. I asked paradis his opinion because i actually value it, yours i do not.

    2. LMAO - russell wilson at 5'11 206 is a LOT more durable and muscular then a person who is 6'2 197. Do you know even understand height vs lbs and how that could relate to durability?

    3. What does he do well exactly? How is he a better prospect then geno who is faster and has a better arm?

    Hes a thin person and in the NFL durability is huge.
    1. Really could care less what you think about me.Will keep showing where you're wrong.
    2. Like the example I Gave Tom Brady 6'4 211 coming out of Michigan, when he gets in Nfl weight program easily will add 20 pounds.
    3.You should stop responding because all you're doing is showing , how little you know. EVeryone please tell eaglenj what qualities are the most important for a Qb to possess than a better arm , and is faster? Those two qualities are way down what you look for in a franchise Qb. Accuracy, ability to read defenses, and ability to get the ball out quickly ,are just some of the qualities that make a top Qb. Not the ones you mention.

    Btw Geno smith has a better arm and is faster than Joe Montana. They should get Geno smith bust ready for canton. LMAO
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-16-2014 at 09:57 AM.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    BTW in case you wanted to let facts cloud your argument there isn't a single NFL QB who started a game last year who weighed less then 205, at any height.

    Geno, who is pretty thin, is 6'2 220.
    Yea and just like we heard you can't be successful Qb in the Nfl under 6'0 too. Russell Wilson a lot of Gm's are kicking themselves for judging a book by it's cover too. Let me let you in on a little secret. It doesn't matter what your size is , if you can play the game( any sport) , your going to be successful. See Stephen Hill has everything you look in a Wr,( size, speed) but he can't catch a cold . Time isn't going to improve that.

    To try and make a Geno Smith to Teddy Bridgewater comparison is laughable. JMo If Geno smith was in this draft, he would be a fourth to fifth rounder.
    Let's get you on the record eaglenj who has the better Nfl career Geno Smith , or Teddy Bridgewater.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-16-2014 at 10:02 AM.

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    No disrespect but really what you state are the only things Geno does better...

    Bridgewater is far more refined - anticipation, accuracy, experience taking snaps under center, mechanics - throwing motion and footwork...

    He's better than Geno for the same reasons Drew Brees is better.
    Eaglenj knows that is true, like every fan that watches football. He just a big jet fan ,and he's trying to convince himself that Geno Smith can be top Nfl Qb.( so he going to take the only areas Geno Smith is better than Bridgewater ,and make like that is what is most important)
    Let Geno Smith be Geno smith. There is no reason to try and make a comparison between the two Qb's ,as there isn't one. Geno Smith was in this draft he wouldn't be coming off the board before Bridgewater. Fact.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    1. Really could care less what you think about me.Will keep showing where you're wrong.
    2. Like the example I Gave Tom Brady 6'4 211 coming out of Michigan, when he gets in Nfl weight program easily will add 20 pounds.
    3.You should stop responding because all you're doing is showing , how little you know. EVeryone please tell eaglenj what qualities are the most important for a Qb to possess than a better arm , and is faster? Those two qualities are way down what you look for in a franchise Qb. Accuracy, ability to read defenses, and ability to get the ball out quickly ,are just some of the qualities that make a top Qb. Not the ones you mention.

    Btw Geno smith has a better arm and is faster than Joe Montana. They should get Geno smith bust ready for canton. LMAO
    Just curious - where did I question Bridgewater's accuracy or ability to read defenses? Please show that to me.

    I questioned his size which is a legitimate question. As usual, you take arguments and shape them to try to make your point. Bridgewater had a great grasp of the louisville offense and by most accounts is good at getting through his progressions - TWO THINGS THAT I NEVER QUESTIONED.

    Louisville listed him at 6'2.5 and 218 lbs - lets see how that compares to his real weight at the combine.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us