Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater... F A N T A S T I C ! ! !

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Yea and just like we heard you can't be successful Qb in the Nfl under 6'0 too. Russell Wilson a lot of Gm's are kicking themselves for judging a book by it's cover too. Let me let you in on a little secret. It doesn't matter what your size is , if you can play the game( any sport) , your going to be successful. See Stephen Hill has everything you look in a Wr,( size, speed) but he can't catch a cold . Time isn't going to improve that.

To try and make a Geno Smith to Teddy Bridgewater comparison is laughable. JMo If Geno smith was in this draft, he would be a fourth to fifth rounder.
    Let's get you on the record eaglenj who has the better Nfl career Geno Smith , or Teddy Bridgewater.
    That is just flat out Geno hate. Him and Teddy are not far off at all talent wise. Geno just didnt see a lot of pro plays and need to learn a whole new way to play the game. Physically he has a higher upside then Teddy. No way he would be 4-5 in this sad class. This is not a good class at all it is average at best. Geno would be the 2-3 guy off the board in this class. Guys like Carr and McCarrons are not better prospects at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I saw bridgewater play vs an awful Uconn team.

Let me tell you, he was not impressive.
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    That is just flat out Geno hate. Him and Teddy are not far off at all talent wise. Geno just didnt see a lot of pro plays and need to learn a whole new way to play the game. Physically he has a higher upside then Teddy. No way he would be 4-5 in this sad class. This is not a good class at all it is average at best. Geno would be the 2-3 guy off the board in this class. Guys like Carr and McCarrons are not better prospects at all.
    Geno played really well over the last quarter of the season. I really like Genos tenacity! He was getting roasted in NY, he split reps in camp, he got hurt in a preseason game, he was thrown into the fire, his skill players never practiced together, he was throwing to guys picked off the street, Salas, Nelson, Kerley got hurt, Winslow never practiced, Cumby had butterfingers, Hill dropped many balls & was also concussed a lot.
    Personally, I think Geno overcame a lot, the players still stood behind him, and he really showed some leadership skills too.
    His calm demeanor is just what you need in tight games.
    Geno is gonna come guns a blazing with the new cast that Idzik puts around him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    All this talk of Manziel, Bortles... I pray these two guys come off the board first and the Jets find themselves in a position to land Bridgewater. I'd give up picks to make it happen.

He's a freaking stud... Total package with near flawless mechanics, and footwork. He's got Good enough arm, and uncanny accuracy. I'm not impressed at all with the guys he played with in college, and yet when you compare his game footage to someone like Sanchez (or even Geno) in college, you can see a huge difference in ability and experience. He also played under center a lot, which will help with his transition. He truly is a more talented and polished version of Geno. Not quite as athletic, but better mechanics and anticipation.

His lean build is the only thing people can nitpick and he's going to fill out.

Only Luck has been a better as a college prospect in the last 10 years in my mind.

I suspect all this talk of these other guys is just that IMO, Bridgewater is the only elite prospect in this draft...

With all the picks the Jets have, I'd give up our 2nd to make a move...
    I'm with you man. Bridgewater is only a bit behind Luck in terms of can't miss qb prospects. The fact that his draft stock is slipping behind a petulant child and a guy from UCF is laughable.

That said, he's never going to slip far enough for the Jets to grab him. He's just too good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I'm with you man. Bridgewater is only a bit behind Luck in terms of can't miss qb prospects. The fact that his draft stock is slipping behind a petulant child and a guy from UCF is laughable.

That said, he's never going to slip far enough for the Jets to grab him. He's just too good.

A step behind luck? Teddy Bridgewater?

Luck was the best QB prospect (frankly the best any position prospect) in the last 10+ years since peyton manning. And you are comparing him to teddy bridgewater?

Look at that indy team. After wayne went down is there even a single good offensive player, oline included, besides luck and Hilton? And look what they accomplished.

Bridgewater is a good prospect but he is VERY far from andrew luck status.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's something to be said about sticking with what you saw

Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals
    NFL.com writer Bucky Brooks continues to rank Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater as the No. 1 QB in the draft.
    Although most of Brooks' colleagues ranked Bridgewater No. 1 during the season, some have now jumped ship to Johnny Manziel or Blake Bortles. ESPN's Mel Kiper and Rotoworld's Josh Norris are two of the remaining inhabitants of Bridgewater Island with Brooks. "The most polished pocket passer in the college game has seemingly been underappreciated by the masses," wrote Brooks. "However, keen evaluators will appreciate Bridgewater's high football IQ, management skills and leadership ability as a potential franchise quarterback. Questions about his slender frame have led to concerns about his durability, but Aaron Rodgers entered the league with similar physical dimensions/athletic traits and things turned out well for the former league MVP." The former Cardinals' star's eye level and pocket movement are both elite.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    A step behind luck? Teddy Bridgewater?

Luck was the best QB prospect (frankly the best any position prospect) in the last 10+ years since peyton manning. And you are comparing him to teddy bridgewater?

Look at that indy team. After wayne went down is there even a single good offensive player, oline included, besides luck and Hilton? And look what they accomplished.

Bridgewater is a good prospect but he is VERY far from andrew luck status.
    What does "that indy team" have to do with Teddy Bridgewater?

Yes, I believe he's only a bit behind Luck as a prospect, as I said. Bringing up what Luck did with Indy has absolutely nothing to do with Bridgewater.

If you've watched Bridgewater play, you'll realize how legit he is.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgewater is amazing, a flat out superstar. Anybody who says otherwise simply doesn't know a damn thing about football. I can't continue this conversation because its so dumb. Manziel and bortles both have talent but not close to bridgewater.

His vision is excellent. Ability to read defenses? Excellent. keeps eyes down field under pressure throws with perfect timing. Is a natural pocket passer. I'm so impressed with him as a player.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No hate, just the facts. Geno smith went in the second round in a draft that is no where as strong as this one.( a lot of juniors coming out this year) . He was the second Qb in last year weak Qb class. Jmo Derek Carr would go off the board before Geno smith- just a better all round prospect than Geno smith.
    Derek Carr will have better pro career , than Geno Smith.
    Even Jimmy Garoppolo might not have Geno Smith physical abilities , but he has it where it counts -upstairs.

A lot of Qb needy teams past on a lot of Qb's in last year draft, and that doesn't look like the case this year.( draft will confirm this - that Nfl Gm's don't share your opinion)
    No offense but it tough to take your opinion serious when you thought Teddy Bridgewater was white.

Off the top of my head. Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Derek Carr , Mettenberg, and Jimmy Garoppolo would come off the board before Geno Smith.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-17-2014 at 01:52 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No hate, just the facts. Geno smith went in the second round in a draft that is no where as strong as this one.( a lot of juniors coming out this year) . He was the second Qb in last year weak Qb class. Jmo Derek Carr would go off the board before Geno smith- just a better all round prospect than Geno smith.
    Even Jimmy Garoppolo might not have Geno Smith physical abilities , but he has it where it counts -upstairs.

A lot of Qb needy teams past on a lot of Qb's in last year draft, and that doesn't look like the case this year.( draft will confirm this - that Nfl Gm's don't share your opinion)
    No offense but it tough to take your opinion serious when you thought Teddy Bridgewater was white.

Off the top of my head. Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Derek Carr , Mettenberg, and Jimmy Garoppolo would come off the board before Geno Smith.
    Draft "stock" is a tricky thing. If you're talking about Geno coming out this year with the same amazing college stats, I completely disagree that he would be behind all your upcoming superstars + Jeanine Garafolo. Geno was, months before the draft, a widely discussed #1 overall.

But, if we're talking about actual pre 2013 draft Geno, where a combination of thinly veiled racism and questionable agency decisions made him an easy target for the "thug, diva" label (which is basically old white man talk for n word, illiterate), then you're right he may have been drafted behind your 2014 darlings. Racism is a powerful thing, and Bridgewater has yet to attract it in full force.

Let's see where the post combine media cycle ends up shaping your group before comparing to where Geno was drafted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Draft "stock" is a tricky thing. If you're talking about Geno coming out this year with the same amazing college stats, I completely disagree that he would be behind all your upcoming superstars + Jeanine Garafolo. Geno was, months before the draft, a widely discussed #1 overall.

But, if we're talking about actual pre 2013 draft Geno, where a combination of thinly veiled racism and questionable agency decisions made him an easy target for the "thug, diva" label (which is basically old white man talk for n word, illiterate), then you're right he may have been drafted behind your 2014 darlings. Racism is a powerful thing, and Bridgewater has yet to attract it in full force.

Let's see where the post combine media cycle ends up shaping your group before comparing to where Geno was drafted.

But no one ever had Geno with anything close to a #1 overall grade. The idea was that he was the only QB that even had a 1st round grade and the Chief and a number of other teams needed QBs. Mock drafts are not big boards. The big board is the list of prospects by grade, a mock draft is a prediction. Most people seemed to have Geno anywhere from 15-30s on their big boards. But the facts that a) he was the highest graded QB; b) he was the only QB worth a 1st rounder; and c) there was only 1 other QB with even a 2nd round grade; led people to believe he would be taken in the top 10, and maybe even 1st overall. After the Chiefs acquired Alex Smith, people narrowed the potential #1 to Fisher and Joeckel, but still believed someone would take Geno somewhere in the 1st round.j

I didn't like any of the QBs last year, but was happy to get Geno where we did. If you can get the best QB in the 2nd round, take him. What's the worst that could happen?

As for Bridgewater, I love him. I think he's awesome and can't find an area where he's worse than "good." I don't have concerns about his frame because he's still a kid. The arm strength is very good and very underrated (I don't think Geno has him beat in this area like some on here do). His accuracy is phenomenal, especially in the intermediate range, and his throwing mechanics are superb, all the way from the feet up through his motion. He's played from under center and Louisville uses pro style passing concepts, which has become the major concern with most of the talented college QBs. His in-pocket and out of pocket movement are both outstanding and he has a great feel for the rush to go along with it. There are a lot of guys that are accurate when everything goes according to plan, but struggle when moved off of their spot and forced to reset. Bridgewater's accuracy doesn't suffer at all because he almost always gets his feet back under him before delivering the ball.

I've seen a lot of Bortles now, and I'm utterly confused as to why anyone would put him ahead of Bridgewater. Yes, he's huge and he had a very good year for UCF. But that's really all their is right now. He struggles with his accuracy from time to time. He doesn't have a huge arm (right now, he physical stature suggests that it could get quite a bit stronger with some time). He looks like a good athlete. I'd love to get another year's worth of college games to look at, but that isn't going to happen. Taking Bortles in the top 10 is such a shot in the dark right now. The buzz around him reeks of QB coaches thinking "I could turn that guy into a star." One thing I got from watching all those UCF games: I like Storm Johnson, their running back. I'd love to pick him up somewhere in the middle of the draft.

I've really got nothing on Manziel other than I love watching him play. Oh yeah, if you've got durability concerns about Bridgewater then Manziel shouldn't even be on your board. He's actually a good passer, but almost nothing that he did at Texas A&M translates to the NFL. So then the question, for me, becomes "does he have the discipline to learn how to execute an NFL offense, or will he always revert to backyard football?" Because he does have the physical capability.

Bottom line: Bridgewater is head and shoulders above the other two, and is the best QB prospect not named Luck in the past 10 years. Luck, Bridgewater, Griffin, Stafford, Bradford, Ryan; in that order. Griffin and Bradford would each be a spot higher, but I always knock guys that play in shotgun heavy (almost to the point of exclusivity) offenses.

That will bring me to another point. How does Sam Bradford go #1 overall, but people have "durability concerns" about Bridgewater, who's never missed a game in college? I hate bringing race into the discussion, but just imagine if Bridgewater were white and Manziel were black....I mean, come on. Nolan Nawrocki better obliterate Manziel after what he did to Geno last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does "that indy team" have to do with Teddy Bridgewater?

Yes, I believe he's only a bit behind Luck as a prospect, as I said. Bringing up what Luck did with Indy has absolutely nothing to do with Bridgewater.

If you've watched Bridgewater play, you'll realize how legit he is.
    I mentioned the indy team because i wanted to stop people from bringing up russel wilson having more "success" then luck so far.

If bridgewater is so amazing, then why is it possible that he will be the 3rd QB off the board. Is manziel then as good as luck if he is possibly gonna go before him?

Look, I have NOTHING against bridgewater and I think he is an excellent prospect. This whole "discussion" was due to me questioning his true weight which is a legit issue for him. I do not however, think he is anywhere close to andrew luck as a prospect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mentioned the indy team because i wanted to stop people from bringing up russel wilson having more "success" then luck so far.

If bridgewater is so amazing, then why is it possible that he will be the 3rd QB off the board. Is manziel then as good as luck if he is possibly gonna go before him?

Look, I have NOTHING against bridgewater and I think he is an excellent prospect. This whole "discussion" was due to me questioning his true weight which is a legit issue for him. I do not however, think he is anywhere close to andrew luck as a prospect.
    Good, I'll take Teddy. He wins his big games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I didn't like any of the QBs last year, but was happy to get Geno where we did. If you can get the best QB in the 2nd round, take him. What's the worst that could happen?

Only thing I want to comment on is this. that like saying I have the best car from the junkyard. The point is what would you rather have, the best Qb in a bad Qb class , or the second or third Qb in a much better Qb class. That goes for any position. Just say it isn't a strong class for offensive tackles, but you have a need ,and take the best one on the board. Did you really get a difference maker at that position.

This excerpt says it best the point I was making about why Geno Smith not in the other Qb's, class as a QB. ( arm strength and speed are so far down the lsit) , Angelo says, "Got a lot of playing time, which may have helped him or hurt him. Too many interceptions and negative plays. His numbers were terrible. His progress will depend on his learning from this year’s struggles. Otherwise, defensive coordinators will have a field day with him. Quarterbacks make a living from the neck on up, not the neck on down."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That's like saying why did Tom Brady last to the sixth round, or Aaron Rodgers to the 24 pick in the first round, if either were any good.(how many Qb's came off the board before them)
    QB is the hardest position to evaluate. Case in Point Jamarcus Russell had the highest draft grade On Ozzie Newsome board( highest prospect he had ever graded in his career- a fact) If Ozzie Newsome( one of the best drafters of all time) could make a mistake , than I don't know how much any Gm really knows about drafting the Qb position.

Now if you made that comment that Bridgewater isn't as good as Luck, no one would have had a problem with what you said. You tried to say that Geno Smith was as good a prospect ,as Teddy Bridgewater. Which is laughable.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-17-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Really could care less what you think about me.Will keep showing where you're wrong.
    2. Like the example I Gave Tom Brady 6'4 211 coming out of Michigan, when he gets in Nfl weight program easily will add 20 pounds.
    3.You should stop responding because all you're doing is showing , how little you know. EVeryone please tell eaglenj what qualities are the most important for a Qb to possess than a better arm , and is faster? Those two qualities are way down what you look for in a franchise Qb. Accuracy, ability to read defenses, and ability to get the ball out quickly ,are just some of the qualities that make a top Qb. Not the ones you mention.

Btw Geno smith has a better arm and is faster than Joe Montana. They should get Geno smith bust ready for canton. LMAO
    LOL...you have been wrong about more things than any other poster on this site, and that is no exaggeration. You calling someone out about being wrong is priceless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but that really is just hate. Geno is a much better prospect then most of those guys you just listed. You dont like him fine but those are some pretty pothetic names IMO. This years class is just as much garbage as last years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only saw like 3 of his games this year to be honest one of which I think he was hurt. I do agree he is much better under C then Geno was. I think Teddy is a mystery because he played no one at all in college. I look at his body of work and he might as well be playing in Harvard. I think he is a total question mark until he gets on a pro field vs other pro caliber players. I dont feel he is "pro ready" but he is a guy that can pick up any aspect of the game.
    Seems like you don't know much about him. Last year Bridgewater played Rutgers and Florida, both of which had 2 of the top defenses in the country and both of which had numerous players from their Ds drafted into the pros. He torched both of them, and he did so against Rutgers playing with a broken left wrist and on a bum ankle. I thought both were remarkable performances. This year he didn't face any Ds as good as that, but he did play against a UCF team that won the Fiesta Bowl. His skillset translates to the pros, he just understands the position and is a smart signal-caller

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    All this talk of Manziel, Bortles... I pray these two guys come off the board first and the Jets find themselves in a position to land Bridgewater. I'd give up picks to make it happen.

He's a freaking stud... Total package with near flawless mechanics, and footwork. He's got Good enough arm, and uncanny accuracy. I'm not impressed at all with the guys he played with in college, and yet when you compare his game footage to someone like Sanchez (or even Geno) in college, you can see a huge difference in ability and experience. He also played under center a lot, which will help with his transition. He truly is a more talented and polished version of Geno. Not quite as athletic, but better mechanics and anticipation.

His lean build is the only thing people can nitpick and he's going to fill out.

Only Luck has been a better as a college prospect in the last 10 years in my mind.

I suspect all this talk of these other guys is just that IMO, Bridgewater is the only elite prospect in this draft...

With all the picks the Jets have, I'd give up our 2nd to make a move...
    I agree I think it's crazy that Manziel and Bortles may go before him. I'm not really sure why Bridgewater doesn't have much buzz around him, he was absolutely dominant in his bowl game performance and nothing has happened since. I thought Bortles looked pretty mediocre as a passer against Baylor, he was missing throws left and right. Kid may have the size and arm scouts like, but he is no way ready to come in and play. Very raw prospect. Manziel obviously has a lot of intrigue and I guess I could see some teams liking him over Bridgewater because of fanfare and potential. He's not the better prospect though, he has a lot of work to do when it comes to throwing from the pocket.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    But no one ever had Geno with anything close to a #1 overall grade. The idea was that he was the only QB that even had a 1st round grade and the Chief and a number of other teams needed QBs. Mock drafts are not big boards. The big board is the list of prospects by grade, a mock draft is a prediction. Most people seemed to have Geno anywhere from 15-30s on their big boards. But the facts that a) he was the highest graded QB; b) he was the only QB worth a 1st rounder; and c) there was only 1 other QB with even a 2nd round grade; led people to believe he would be taken in the top 10, and maybe even 1st overall. After the Chiefs acquired Alex Smith, people narrowed the potential #1 to Fisher and Joeckel, but still believed someone would take Geno somewhere in the 1st round.j

As for Bridgewater, I love him. I think he's awesome and can't find an area where he's worse than "good." I don't have concerns about his frame because he's still a kid. The arm strength is very good and very underrated (I don't think Geno has him beat in this area like some on here do). His accuracy is phenomenal, especially in the intermediate range, and his throwing mechanics are superb, all the way from the feet up through his motion. He's played from under center and Louisville uses pro style passing concepts, which has become the major concern with most of the talented college QBs. His in-pocket and out of pocket movement are both outstanding and he has a great feel for the rush to go along with it. There are a lot of guys that are accurate when everything goes according to plan, but struggle when moved off of their spot and forced to reset. Bridgewater's accuracy doesn't suffer at all because he almost always gets his feet back under him before delivering the ball.

I've seen a lot of Bortles now, and I'm utterly confused as to why anyone would put him ahead of Bridgewater. Yes, he's huge and he had a very good year for UCF. But that's really all their is right now. He struggles with his accuracy from time to time. He doesn't have a huge arm (right now, he physical stature suggests that it could get quite a bit stronger with some time). He looks like a good athlete. I'd love to get another year's worth of college games to look at, but that isn't going to happen. Taking Bortles in the top 10 is such a shot in the dark right now. The buzz around him reeks of QB coaches thinking "I could turn that guy into a star." One thing I got from watching all those UCF games: I like Storm Johnson, their running back. I'd love to pick him up somewhere in the middle of the draft.

I've really got nothing on Manziel other than I love watching him play. Oh yeah, if you've got durability concerns about Bridgewater then Manziel shouldn't even be on your board. He's actually a good passer, but almost nothing that he did at Texas A&M translates to the NFL. So then the question, for me, becomes "does he have the discipline to learn how to execute an NFL offense, or will he always revert to backyard football?" Because he does have the physical capability.

Bottom line: Bridgewater is head and shoulders above the other two, and is the best QB prospect not named Luck in the past 10 years. Luck, Bridgewater, Griffin, Stafford, Bradford, Ryan; in that order. Griffin and Bradford would each be a spot higher, but I always knock guys that play in shotgun heavy (almost to the point of exclusivity) offenses.

That will bring me to another point. How does Sam Bradford go #1 overall, but people have "durability concerns" about Bridgewater, who's never missed a game in college? I hate bringing race into the discussion, but just imagine if Bridgewater were white and Manziel were black....I mean, come on. Nolan Nawrocki better obliterate Manziel after what he did to Geno last year.
    If I had taken the time to right a long post on this topic, it would probably look a lot like this. Bortles over Bridgewater is simply baffling. Bortles to me is a "Blaine Gabbert" type of prospect, intriguing physical traits but a huge risk and if you put him in as a rookie, it will probably be a disaster. He's just not a consistent passer and really doesn't have the arm strength to make up for it. I think his buzz started with McShay, but I've never fully understood it. Any GM that takes him over Bridgewater will likely be fired within the next 3 seasons, that's not even an exaggeration.

Manziel I understand the intrigue a bit more, but his rise up the draftboards is a bit surprising. OK so he looked good against Duke. He struggled a lot against Missouri and LSU prior to that. I saw things in those games that I think could find their way to the next level. But, the kid is a fantastic athlete, had tons of success in college, and I can understand if a very bold GM would consider him over Bridgewater. I wouldn't do it myself, but at least I could buy some sort of argument for it.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. If Bridgewater somehow falls to the Raiders or Vikings, those teams should hand in their draft cards before the clock even starts ticking. Hell, if he falls out of the top 3, the Vikings should probably try to trade up for him. I think he's close to can't miss