Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pound for pound Tre Mason...

  1. #1

    Pound for pound Tre Mason...

    is the best runner in this draft in my opinion. He just does more when there's nothing to be gained than any other back. Great vision and burst through the hole. A lot of good backs in this draft though. Also like Terrence West in the 4th. Not a big Hyde lover though, I think you can get the same kind of power from guys like Andre Williams from BC or Wilder from FSU.

    Both Mason and Freeman remind me of Jones Drew, short but not small backs who can hide behind their blocks and explode to daylight... very hard to bring down and great balance.

    Love Carey too, he's second on my list. I just like Mason's running style better.
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 02-17-2014 at 09:18 AM.

  2. #2
    I'll take Freeman in the fourth or Storm Johnson you can get a good pass catching back in the fourth or fifth round.

  3. #3
    True, backs are a dime a dozen, just think this kid Mason can start from day one.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    True, backs are a dime a dozen, just think this kid Mason can start from day one.
    Love Mason & I think Marty M will too!
    I think he's our 1st 3rd round pick if he's still there.
    Whats funny about this draft is no matter who you mention for the 3rd round someone will pipe in, "he'll be gone by the 3rd round!", well guys, 98 underclassman entered the 2014 draft, most in the history of the draft. They can't all go in the 1st 68 picks, lol! The Jets are getting 2 studs in the 3rd round regardless, this draft is freaking LOADED with WRS & RBS.
    Last edited by jetster; 02-17-2014 at 12:18 PM.

  5. #5
    It will all depend on how teams stack their boards, Mason can be the first RB picked or the fifth, guys like Carey, Hyde and Seastrunk can all go before he does, in that case the 3rd round is very likely. Best thing is to let the draft come to you and not chase it like Tannenbaum used to do.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,167
    Carey, Sims, Grice... need a guy who can catch the ball. I have to say that Geno will be an entirely different QB with a range of targets to throw to, given his ability to use his legs. A pass-catching RB (see above), a quality TE (Ebron/Amaro/ASJ/Niklas), a possession receiver (Evans/Matthews/Robinson/Landry), a guy who can stretch the field (Maclin/Lee/even Hill), and slot receiver (Kerley)

    Going on this strategy, we'd probably have to go TE/WR/RB in the draft, based on where these guys will fall. I'd rather have Ebron/Amaro and Matthew/Landry than -- Lee and Niklas, for example, but Lee and Niklas isn't too shabby either. RB can be had in the fourth or later. Not advocating for the following but just throwing out possibilities:

    Maclin (dubious he will sign away from Eagles)
    Hill
    Kerley
    Ebron (#18)
    Landry (#49)
    Nelson
    Sims (4th or 5th round)

    Jets could also pick up a flyer on a late WR like Hoffman, Jones, or Huff.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    It will all depend on how teams stack their boards, Mason can be the first RB picked or the fifth, guys like Carey, Hyde and Seastrunk can all go before he does, in that case the 3rd round is very likely. Best thing is to let the draft come to you and not chase it like Tannenbaum used to do.

    I wouldnt discount Sanckey, Freeman, or Hill either. Sanckey IMO is the best overall back in this draft. You have to love what Freeman brings and Hill is a top back that people are overlooking for personal issues. Mason has the name to go as high as 1st but because this is such a stacked class he could also be a 4th rounder. Im not a huge Mason fan really. I dont see him being a big name in the NFL but he can be a average guy that gets the work done.

  8. #8
    I saw Mason completely dismantle Alabama, Missouri and FSU back to back to back. Bama and FSU have NFL talent all over their front seven, you just don't run on these teams, but Mason wore them out. I've watched Sankey but he's nowhere near Mason in terms of power, Sankey's cute, Mason is a relentless brute. Jones-Drew and Ray Rice, that's who comes to mind. Mason will cutback and take the corner for big chunks, but he makes his living hitting the holes up the middle, he reads, he hits and he pushes up the crease, over and over and over till the defense is left with their tongues hanging out waving the white flag.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I saw Mason completely dismantle Alabama, Missouri and FSU back to back to back. Bama and FSU have NFL talent all over their front seven, you just don't run on these teams, but Mason wore them out. I've watched Sankey but he's nowhere near Mason in terms of power, Sankey's cute, Mason is a relentless brute. Jones-Drew and Ray Rice, that's who comes to mind. Mason will cutback and take the corner for big chunks, but he makes his living hitting the holes up the middle, he reads, he hits and he pushes up the crease, over and over and over till the defense is left with their tongues hanging out waving the white flag.
    Love Tre Mason!
    Has IT! Which is being able to have GREAT vision while you are still making moves (Shady McCoy), I'm not saying he's as good, I'm just saying that he has that inate ability to make the 1st guy miss & then accelerate past him without getting tackled.
    If any of our competitors get him in the AFC I'll be bummed. MM is probably salivating over Tre Mason.

  10. #10
    Watch the game against Missouri game for the SEC championship. He just took their will, the last touchdown he scored three guys missed him but he wasn't juking or jiving, just running up the middle, but those guys were spent.

    He wore out FSU too, I've never see Timmy Jernigan so tired, a credit to their line but Tre was just pounding all night until the end where he broke one for a TD, the Noles came back and won but Mason was easily the MVP for Auburn.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us