Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater... F A N T A S T I C ! ! !

Bridgewater... F A N T A S T I C ! ! !

All this talk of Manziel, Bortles... I pray these two guys come off the board first and the Jets find themselves in a position to land Bridgewater. I'd give up picks to make it happen.

He's a freaking stud... Total package with near flawless mechanics, and footwork. He's got Good enough arm, and uncanny accuracy. I'm not impressed at all with the guys he played with in college, and yet when you compare his game footage to someone like Sanchez (or even Geno) in college, you can see a huge difference in ability and experience. He also played under center a lot, which will help with his transition. He truly is a more talented and polished version of Geno. Not quite as athletic, but better mechanics and anticipation.

His lean build is the only thing people can nitpick and he's going to fill out.

Only Luck has been a better as a college prospect in the last 10 years in my mind.

I suspect all this talk of these other guys is just that IMO, Bridgewater is the only elite prospect in this draft...

With all the picks the Jets have, I'd give up our 2nd to make a move...
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 02-15-2014 at 09:59 AM.

We would have ti trade away next years first and a bunch of picks from this year to get to a position to take him which we should not do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    We would have ti trade away next years first and a bunch of picks from this year to get to a position to take him which we should not do anyway.
    Well if you believe all the draft hype being spewed right now, Bortles goes #1, Cleveland gets Manziel and the Bridgewater become more attainable for something less than next years first.

I don't believe it, but still very well might be willing to give up next years 1 + maybe some picks this year. Having 12 or so picks in one draft is great on paper, but everyone can't make the team.

All Pro
    I've been more or less raving the same sentiment... only to my Dad - a Browns' fan. I've been telling him "You guys should be JACKED! Bridgewater might still be there when you pick! Browns might actually catch a break"

There's no way he get past CLE/OAK/MIN. But, the fact that Bortles and Manziel are being drafted ahead of him, is laughable. There's few, VERY FEW, QB prospects i've been as certain as I am about Bridgewater.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I've been more or less raving the same sentiment... only to my Dad - a Browns' fan. I've been telling him "You guys should be JACKED! Bridgewater might still be there when you pick! Browns might actually catch a break"

There's no way he get past CLE/OAK/MIN. But, the fact that Bortles and Manziel are being drafted ahead of him, is laughable. There's few, VERY FEW, QB prospects i've been as certain as I am about Bridgewater.
    Brandon Pettigrew? hahaha, I know you said QB - the draft is a humbling game - Teddy B's my #1 too

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

Question for ya - if Bridgewater checks in at 6'2 197 will you feel the same way?

I think his skinniness is a big issue as far as durability. If I was him id find a way to drink a gallon of water before i weigh in at the combine.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Question for ya - if Bridgewater checks in at 6'2 197 will you feel the same way?

I think his skinniness is a big issue as far as durability. If I was him id find a way to drink a gallon of water before i weigh in at the combine.
    I'll answer your question with a question; If Bridgewater only makes it through 6 NFL seasons, but takes his team into the playoffs 4 of those 6 with one SB - are you really going to care that he didn't have iron man Brett Favre longetivity? Do you think Seattle gives a sh*t right now that they gave up a #1 for Harvin?

He doesn't fit the mold of a your poster boy 6'4 230 QB. And i don't really care. He can play quarterback.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Brandon Pettigrew? hahaha, I know you said QB - the draft is a humbling game - Teddy B's my #1 too
    I keep ol' Steady-Petti up there as a reminder that EVEN I miss from time to time. (Good think the jets took Sanchez instead). There's certainly a decent list of Paradis' draft hall of fame candidates i could have put there instead.

You know, he hasn't been a lights out 1st rnd TE, but he's not BAD. He's good blocker, makes plays in space, and has had some big games. I'd love it if he was on the Jets right now. Calvin's been the only consistent thing there in DET.

<shaking my head> Did you see Tom Brady when he came out of Michigan. 6'4 211 ( he looked skinny and had no muscle definition what so ever- you eaglenj probably look more athletic than him).

Honestly you don't think Bridgewater can put on 20 pounds easily when he gets in an nfl weight room. You're making like he going to be 197 pounds the rest of his career. IF A GM is dumb enough to pass on him because of his weight right now, than he has no one but himself to blame, when he eventually gets fired.

BTw Russell Wilson says hello 5'11 206. Lmao
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-15-2014 at 03:19 PM.

After listening to some draft podcasts it seems this board is way more excited about bridgewater than nfl scouts are. I'm confused about it but there is some negative buzz on bridgewater. On the draft insider podcast tony Pauline said many scouts see him as able to do many things good but he's not amazing in any category. He's not looked at as an elite qb prospect in the way Payton manning, Andrew luck or those types are.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    After listening to some draft podcasts it seems this board is way more excited about bridgewater than nfl scouts are. I'm confused about it but there is some negative buzz on bridgewater. On the draft insider podcast tony Pauline said many scouts see him as able to do many things good but he's not amazing in any category. He's not looked at as an elite qb prospect in the way Payton manning, Andrew luck or those types are.
    Hate to bring race into this but imo its because he's a black QB who is not a physical freak. He has a nice arm but not a cannon, he can move but he's not Michael Vick or even Geno for that matter, and he's very lean... Regardless of what experts think I see Bridgewater as the best QB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    You can't bash a guy for not having the same size, frame and arm of 2 of the 3 greatest prospects (Elway being the other) in the last 50 years. Still, he's more polished than Luck coming out and will be a quality starter like Wilson for years to come. I think That's why you'd have to consider making a move up if he slides a bit.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 02-15-2014 at 05:38 PM.

All League
    I saw bridgewater play vs an awful Uconn team.

Let me tell you, he was not impressive.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

Good, that tells me his performance isn't an illusion. He can struggle and learn from those trials and tribulations. He's a natural at the position. The learning curve is up to him.

All Pro

Was DeVante Parker playing in that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    <shaking my head> Did you see Tom Brady when he came out of Michigan. 6'4 211 ( he looked skinny and had no muscle definition what so ever- you eaglenj probably look more athletic than him).

Honestly you don't think Bridgewater can put on 20 pounds easily when he gets in an nfl weight room. You're making like he going to be 197 pounds the rest of his career. IF A GM is dumb enough to pass on him because of his weight right now, than he has no one but himself to blame, when he eventually gets fired.

1. I asked paradis his opinion because i actually value it, yours i do not.

2. LMAO - russell wilson at 5'11 206 is a LOT more durable and muscular then a person who is 6'2 197. Do you know even understand height vs lbs and how that could relate to durability?

3. What does he do well exactly? How is he a better prospect then geno who is faster and has a better arm?

Hes a thin person and in the NFL durability is huge.

his wr's dropped at least 6 balls, and the 1 int was due to pressure that didn't allow him to follow through on his throw and they dominated the entire game, winning 31-10.

Whenever he's been in a big game or asked to step up, he's been as clutch as any qb I've seen. The bowl games, 2012 vs Rutgers where he played hurt, and single handily willed that team to victory by consistently making clutch, accurate throws.

We'll see how he transitions to the pros, will he have enough arm, will he be durable... I wouldn't bet against him...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post

BTW in case you wanted to let facts cloud your argument there isn't a single NFL QB who started a game last year who weighed less then 205, at any height.

Geno, who is pretty thin, is 6'2 220.

3. What does he do well exactly? How is he a better prospect then geno who is faster and has a better arm?
    No disrespect but really what you state are the only things Geno does better...

Bridgewater is far more refined - anticipation, accuracy, experience taking snaps under center, mechanics - throwing motion and footwork...

He's better than Geno for the same reasons Drew Brees is better.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 02-15-2014 at 08:50 PM.