Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alert Snowstorm Presidents day evening - Tuesday midday here we go again

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Alert Snowstorm Presidents day evening - Tuesday midday here we go again

Another clipper system will track across the northern tear of the nation Sunday - Monday with 3 - 5 or 3 - 6 inch snow from Ohio/Indiana/Pennsylvania/Northern Virginia. As the clipper heads into the ohio valley... it will transfer off the se nj coast and bring in better moisture for nyc/long island and into east ct. Total snow of 6+ inches is likely and near certain.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The numerical models including the Canadian,United Kingdom and European center for Medium Range Weather Forecast are all in agreement in greater than 6 inches of snow for nyc/long island and east ct...east of i95. 3 -6 inches of snow for all of pa and into southern ny state and perhaps into boston.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This part of the country is becoming less and less tolerable every year. Im moving to Cali, cant take this ****.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    This part of the country is becoming less and less tolerable every year. Im moving to Cali, cant take this ****.
    This lack of toughness was one of the reasons Sooth never made you a mod.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    This lack of toughness was one of the reasons Sooth never made you a mod.
    True.

But I mean, it is either one extreme or the other here. In the summer I am absolutely miserable with the heat. I usually love the winter, but this is too much.

Theres good weather here for a combined 9 weeks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm seriously running out of places to put all the snow. The piles of snow on the sides of my driveway are so high that they have mini avalanches.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Where they're on year 3 of a drought.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    The numerical models including the Canadian,United Kingdom and European center for Medium Range Weather Forecast are all in agreement in greater than 6 inches of snow for nyc/long island and east ct...east of i95. 3 -6 inches of snow for all of pa and into southern ny state and perhaps into boston.
    time frame for Northern NJ? start/end?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Apparently January/March is the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another clipper system will track across the northern tear of the nation Sunday - Monday with 3 - 5 or 3 - 6 inch snow from Ohio/Indiana/Pennsylvania/Northern Virginia. As the clipper heads into the ohio valley... it will transfer off the se nj coast and bring in better moisture for nyc/long island and into east ct. Total snow of 6+ inches is likely and near certain.
    cookie,

Thanks again for the info. In your professional opinion, how likely is it that this storm hits those cities you mentioned? I checked the airline website and there is no storm policy for flights departing/arriving Monday or Tuesday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    cookie,

Thanks again for the info. In your professional opinion, how likely is it that this storm hits those cities you mentioned? I checked the airline website and there is no storm policy for flights departing/arriving Monday or Tuesday.
    I don't care about the projection right now that they have, the Gfs model is by itself in keeping a weak system.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Monday 11pm - 2am -- Tuesday 12pm. 6 - 10 inches of snow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx cookie appreciate the updates, you've been spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care about the projection right now that they have, the Gfs model is by itself in keeping a weak system.
    I am not questioning you as I have found your info very helpful. In fact, if not for your thread last week I would've been stucked in the storm. Thanks for getting me out of that mess. after seeing this thread, I just checked the airline website and no travel advisory has been issued. I just want to know should I prepare to catch a red eye flight Monday night or just plan to work the entire week from my LA office as I am not flying cross country on Wednesday just to return Friday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I am not questioning you as I have found your info very helpful. In fact, if not for your thread last week I would've been stucked in the storm. Thanks for getting me out of that mess. after seeing this thread, I just checked the airline website and no travel advisory has been issued. I just want to know should I prepare to catch a red eye flight Monday night or just plan to work the entire week from my LA office as I am not flying cross country on Wednesday just to return Friday.
    Monday night - Tuesday midday is a big problem for travelers I would definitely detour plans in this time frame. Wendesday - Sunday looks warm and pleasant and a lot of snow will melt. But the data in the Pacific is showing a strong system for the discussed timeframe.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Monday night - Tuesday midday is a big problem for travelers I would definitely detour plans in this time frame. Wendesday - Sunday looks warm and pleasant and a lot of snow will melt. But the data in the Pacific is showing a strong system for the discussed timeframe.
    Thanks pal. Much appreciated.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a pure Miller B snowstorm where low pressure transfers from the midwest/Ohio River Valley to the coast.
    Usually New England gets the worst of these storms. The impact on the NYC area is moderate but not severe. 6 inches or so.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFY

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Monday 11pm - 2am -- Tuesday 12pm. 6 - 10 inches of snow.
    Wait. Why 2am?

Don't you mean from Monday 11pm -- Tuesday 12 pm?

or will the snow stop at 2am but then resume later at a time(That you did not specify)?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    do none of the posters on JI watch the news or look at weather online?