Thread: The "_____ has been released. Should we sign him?" Thread

Jets Insider VIP

The "_____ has been released. Should we sign him?" Thread

Insert your "For short money" guys, has-beens, and "one team's trash is the Jets missing Super Bowl piece" type guys here.

I guess there are none of those right now. A thread like this is normally as tempting as sh*t is to a fly for all the posters on this board that only recognize names and have no idea about anything else.

But more on the sensible side of things, Ed Reed I really do hope the team opts to resign. He may be an old man and it really did show at times during last season, but he still had that knack for making big plays. It's possible he may have one more good season left in him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Insert your "For short money" guys, has-beens, and "one team's trash is the Jets missing Super Bowl piece" type guys here.

YAY Offseason !!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Please... Let's build through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Please... Let's build through the draft.
    That's what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I guess there are none of those right now. A thread like this is normally as tempting as sh*t is to a fly for all the posters on this board that only recognize names and have no idea about anything else.

But more on the sensible side of things, Ed Reed I really do hope the team opts to resign. He may be an old man and it really did show at times during last season, but he still had that knack for making big plays. It's possible he may have one more good season left in him.
    Please no Ed Reed unless he's coaching Dix

Wrs... I don't want to invest draftpicks on wide receivers.. and a vet quarterback.. everything else should be in the draft... and I want to keep Reed.. as said earlier a part time player that can still make huge plays..

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't mind bringing Reed back. I am not as high on Allen as the rest of you guys and I think he would be a great influence on the young guys in the secondary during OTAs and TC. If he shows nothing in the preseason we can just cut him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I wouldn't mind bringing Reed back. I am not as high on Allen as the rest of you guys and I think he would be a great influence on the young guys in the secondary during OTAs and TC. If he shows nothing in the preseason we can just cut him.
    Ed Reed could be had real cheap. He just had $50K stolen from him. he needs the money now. Sign this beast for short money.

Shonne Greene, oops, wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    EXACTLY my point DDNY. Don't ask anyone here to understand simple logic, but this move is absolutely ZERO risk on the part of the Jets. They can cut him with almost no cap implications. It's extremely low risk with a chance for very high return.

Sign Brandon Jacobs to be on the Flight Crew.

All Pro
    The whole defensive backfield played better the last 4 games and Reed was a big reason why. He's like a coach on the field, and he sees everything. He didn't play as bad a people said based on his coverage. No one threw his way. That shouldn't be held against him. His last 2 games were great, so he didn't get worn down.

Can someone tell me how many catches he gave up last year?

Never mind I can tell you it was 6. That's right 6 catches all season. The reason he was graded poorly was that was on 7 targets, but he was in pass coverage 379 times. Gave up 6. Do you guys really think he's done?
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 02-17-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The whole defensive backfield played better the last 4 games and Reed was a big reason why. He's like a coach on the field, and he sees everything. He didn't play as bad a people said based on his coverage. No one threw his way. That shouldn't be held against him. His last 2 games were great, so he didn't get worn down.
    +1

Reed is a leader who made Milliner a better player and in coverage he is not worse than Eric Smith was his entire tenure here. Bring him back on the cheap for 1 more year.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    +1

Reed is a leader who made Milliner a better player and in coverage he is not worse than Eric Smith was his entire tenure here. Bring him back on the cheap for 1 more year.