Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Coldest air of season since January for next week

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Breaking news : Risk for huge snowstorm rapidly decreasing. New Gfs has moved the south so far south such that only 1 - 2 inches of snow occurs. What is happening is the northern stream disturbance in canada is now expected so surge the front with cold air so much south that the track of the sfc low goes well south of us. Spread news if you may that risk is lessened.
    Are you saying that we may only get 1-2 inches on Monday? That would be a relief. Or are you talking about that week later storm?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    Are you saying that we may only get 1-2 inches on Monday? That would be a relief. Or are you talking about that week later storm?
    1 - 2 inches total for Monday,snow maps out later tonight. 6 inch line snj cape max - distict columbia...3 inch line mercer county/camden county.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no more uncertainty here... Gfs has trended today and new brand new info is not showing any more wiggle room with 2 days till storm. Locked in and that means not much snow here at all. Good news all the way, travel is good for Monday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no more uncertainty here... Gfs has trended today and new brand new info is not showing any more wiggle room with 2 days till storm. Locked in and that means not much snow here at all. Good news all the way, travel is good for Monday.
    BEAUTIFUL!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    His jacket is still on?? Means no need to get gas for the snow blower

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Beast mode

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heh. I believe the projections storm has the storm coming back north again, with snowfall back on for NYC

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    AccuWeather saying 4" - 8" for North NJ & NYC & LI.

So who wins this... Coooooookie or Accuweather?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

Accuweather is trending down, yesterday they had where I live on Long Island in the 6"-12" range on their map, today it's 3"-6".

Also the NWS site was saying the potential for 8" or more, today it's 3"-5" when you read their forecast for my area. Hopefully this downward trend will continue.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

The weather ppl on nbc just said 6-10. Cookie I am pullin for you. I've been spreading your legend to some folks and told them last night you said we're cool for Monday. Go cookie!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    The weather ppl on nbc just said 6-10. Cookie I am pullin for you. I've been spreading your legend to some folks and told them last night you said we're cool for Monday. Go cookie!
    in other words nobody has the slightest clue what will happen until it happens

Can't wait until April or May so that I do not get depressed reading about major snowstorms and cold every time I log on to JI

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    in other words nobody has the slightest clue what will happen until it happens

Can't wait until April or May so that I do not get depressed reading about major snowstorms and cold every time I log on to JI
    An optimistic summary of what I was trying to say (and note I am not dismissing yours, especially if in addition to the "no one knows" claim you are also asserting "stop talking about it here incessantly," which is a valid opinion which I don't personally hold but which I can't dispute if it's yours), is that perhaps cookie truly is an insider and sees models converging with some certainty towards lower totals. Mainstream news, on the other hand, loves the hype and may be clinging to the smaller likelihood of higher totals as long as they possibly can for ratings. So the 6-12 I was hearing yesterday is now 6-10 (NBC) or 6-8 (nws). I'm hoping the downward trend I'm seeing from mainstream news supports cookies' claims.

But yeah to be clear I have no ****ing clue what the hell I'm talking about, and if you just read my drivel I apologize for having wasted your time Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are an idiot for dissing my post. My posts affect people's plans, as they plan around my info. Go mock someone else.
    Hey, nancy. I like your posts. Now tell me WTF is gonna happen in Atl already!

I still do not believe you have a model gf.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The models were predicting less snow last night, the last major models that ran started pointing towards more snow again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    An optimistic summary of what I was trying to say (and note I am not dismissing yours, especially if in addition to the "no one knows" claim you are also asserting "stop talking about it here incessantly," which is a valid opinion which I don't personally hold but which I can't dispute if it's yours), is that perhaps cookie truly is an insider and sees models converging with some certainty towards lower totals. Mainstream news, on the other hand, loves the hype and may be clinging to the smaller likelihood of higher totals as long as they possibly can for ratings. So the 6-12 I was hearing yesterday is now 6-10 (NBC) or 6-8 (nws). I'm hoping the downward trend I'm seeing from mainstream news supports cookies' claims.

But yeah to be clear I have no ****ing clue what the hell I'm talking about, and if you just read my drivel I apologize for having wasted your time Go Jets!
    Dude let's not make this a life and death issue. I come here to read Jets news not get depressed about the hellaciously hideous winter weather we are continuing to endure. We do get enough of this on TV with the local news, no?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude let's not make this a life and death issue. I come here to read Jets news not get depressed about the hellaciously hideous winter weather we are continuing to endure. We do get enough of this on TV with the local news, no?
    My first reaction to your comment about making this a life or death situation is, of course, what the **** are you talking about, and that you might want to consider laying off the crack pipe so early this morning.

But I agree with all the rest. In summary:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXNFel8jaME

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one is forcing you to click the threads, now you've just wasted even more of your own time posting in it.
    Well done!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole thing is pretty close to having run it's course IMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yet you can't resist opening the thread. If it upsets you so much, just ignore the thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    No one is forcing you to click the threads, now you've just wasted even more of your own time posting in it.
    Well done!
    GET IT OFF THE INTERNET!!!!!

LoLz