Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 234

Thread: Coldest air of season since January for next week

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    This whole thing is pretty close to having run it's course IMO
    Definitely.

    Winter is almost over.

  2. #202
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,308
    Oh man how I hope the cookster is right on this one. So far he's undefeated I just hope he doesn't wind up like the pats when they choked in the last game of the season.

  3. #203
    USA_HGT_500mb_168.jpg

    Snow map going with 1 - 3 inches for most of nyc/long island and rockland/westchester into ne pa. This is with the first wave coming sunday evening maybe 7pm - 1am timeframe. It is possible that this initial wave will come as mainly rain and limited totals to 0 inches. The snow peak is philly south where the second wave will be primed to spread modt - heavy precip in a narrow band. Remember due to this not being a northward traveling system, rather a ene moving frontal wave... there will only be a thin band of prime snows which will NOT AFFECT US AT ALL. --- cookie.

  4. #204
    Is this kind of sharp cutoff even possible?? In feb 6 2010 the Dc/Virginia area saw 2 ft while we saw flurries. Cold air can overwhelm moisture and has before. Second this not like that time is not even a noreaster...this is a frontal wave which argues for a very thin snow band. Set- up like this can affect us, but the location of the bndry which is close to delmarva peninsula does not argue for this in this case. We needed this to set up further north.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Is this kind of sharp cutoff even possible?? In feb 6 2010 the Dc/Virginia area saw 2 ft while we saw flurries. Cold air can overwhelm moisture and has before. Second this not like that time is not even a noreaster...this is a frontal wave which argues for a very thin snow band. Set- up like this can affect us, but the location of the bndry which is close to delmarva peninsula does not argue for this in this case. We needed this to set up further north.
    Keep it where it is CookieMonsta, we don't want it to set up further north.

  6. #206
    Congratulations to CookieMonsta!! Once again the first to announce this storm would be a bust for our area. It is finally hitting the mainstream media who are now admitting this storm is a bust for the NYC metro area!

    My wife and daughter now ask me what is CookieMonsta forecasting!

  7. #207
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,308
    Sweeeet! Cookie nailed it again

  8. #208
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,567
    So Cookie first predicts a massive, 3 day snowstorm. Then he said the girlfriend models are predicting a huge bust, only 1-2 inches in our area. Now he just drew a map with the crayon function on MS paint saying nothing for NYC but 6-12 for central Jersey and south.

    If I literally predicted EVERY possible scenario starting two weeks out, I'd be right too.

  9. #209
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So Cookie first predicts a massive, 3 day snowstorm. Then he said the girlfriend models are predicting a huge bust, only 1-2 inches in our area. Now he just drew a map with the crayon function on MS paint saying nothing for NYC but 6-12 for central Jersey and south.

    If I literally predicted EVERY possible scenario starting two weeks out, I'd be right too.
    His next bold prediction will be warm in spring followed by a even warmer summer..

  10. #210
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    His next bold prediction will be warm in spring followed by a even warmer summer..
    Whoa whoa whoa, slow down, let me get a pen.

  11. #211
    Brace youselves


  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So Cookie first predicts a massive, 3 day snowstorm. Then he said the girlfriend models are predicting a huge bust, only 1-2 inches in our area. Now he just drew a map with the crayon function on MS paint saying nothing for NYC but 6-12 for central Jersey and south.

    If I literally predicted EVERY possible scenario starting two weeks out, I'd be right too.
    **** you... the models change and you need to change your forecast accordingly...something tv mets do slower to keep their reputation in fact. In fact I hate that, and I could care give a **** about my reputation too, I just want to get the forecast right 1 - 2 days before something hits.

  13. #213
    LOL!!

    This dude can't take it at all! No wonder you're an astrologist!

  14. #214
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOL!!

    This dude can't take it at all! No wonder you're an astrologist!
    With a name like CookieMonsta ?? I thought he was like 15..LOL

  15. #215
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    **** you... the models change and you need to change your forecast accordingly...something tv mets do slower to keep their reputation in fact. In fact I hate that, and I could care give a **** about my reputation too, I just want to get the forecast right 1 - 2 days before something hits.
    Uh oh.... I predict a **** storm...

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Uh oh.... I predict a **** storm...
    Did you double check with his new gf?

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Did you double check with his new gf?
    She's been busy shopping with Manti's woman.

  18. #218
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So Cookie first predicts a massive, 3 day snowstorm. Then he said the girlfriend models are predicting a huge bust, only 1-2 inches in our area. Now he just drew a map with the crayon function on MS paint saying nothing for NYC but 6-12 for central Jersey and south.

    If I literally predicted EVERY possible scenario starting two weeks out, I'd be right too.
    And so did the rest of the forecasters. Only difference is that cookie made his prediction changes two days in advance of the big guys.
    On Friday cookie said the storm was a bust while acciweather and the rest still said 10 inches. Finally today the big guys changed to a couple of inches.

  19. #219
    The low last night in the small Alberta town I wsa in was about -38c (which is about -36 F) And that is without the windchill.

  20. #220
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    **** you... the models change and you need to change your forecast accordingly...something tv mets do slower to keep their reputation in fact. In fact I hate that, and I could care give a **** about my reputation too, I just want to get the forecast right 1 - 2 days before something hits.
    What colors of yarn do you predict will make the best scarf?

    SAR I

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us