Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Coldest air of season since January for next week

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    This whole thing is pretty close to having run it's course IMO
    Definitely.

Winter is almost over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh man how I hope the cookster is right on this one. So far he's undefeated I just hope he doesn't wind up like the pats when they choked in the last game of the season.

USA_HGT_500mb_168.jpg

Snow map going with 1 - 3 inches for most of nyc/long island and rockland/westchester into ne pa. This is with the first wave coming sunday evening maybe 7pm - 1am timeframe. It is possible that this initial wave will come as mainly rain and limited totals to 0 inches. The snow peak is philly south where the second wave will be primed to spread modt - heavy precip in a narrow band. Remember due to this not being a northward traveling system, rather a ene moving frontal wave... there will only be a thin band of prime snows which will NOT AFFECT US AT ALL. --- cookie.

Is this kind of sharp cutoff even possible?? In feb 6 2010 the Dc/Virginia area saw 2 ft while we saw flurries. Cold air can overwhelm moisture and has before. Second this not like that time is not even a noreaster...this is a frontal wave which argues for a very thin snow band. Set- up like this can affect us, but the location of the bndry which is close to delmarva peninsula does not argue for this in this case. We needed this to set up further north.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Is this kind of sharp cutoff even possible?? In feb 6 2010 the Dc/Virginia area saw 2 ft while we saw flurries. Cold air can overwhelm moisture and has before. Second this not like that time is not even a noreaster...this is a frontal wave which argues for a very thin snow band. Set- up like this can affect us, but the location of the bndry which is close to delmarva peninsula does not argue for this in this case. We needed this to set up further north.
    Keep it where it is CookieMonsta, we don't want it to set up further north.

Congratulations to CookieMonsta!! Once again the first to announce this storm would be a bust for our area. It is finally hitting the mainstream media who are now admitting this storm is a bust for the NYC metro area!

My wife and daughter now ask me what is CookieMonsta forecasting!

Jets Insider VIP
    Sweeeet! Cookie nailed it again

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So Cookie first predicts a massive, 3 day snowstorm. Then he said the girlfriend models are predicting a huge bust, only 1-2 inches in our area. Now he just drew a map with the crayon function on MS paint saying nothing for NYC but 6-12 for central Jersey and south.

If I literally predicted EVERY possible scenario starting two weeks out, I'd be right too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    So Cookie first predicts a massive, 3 day snowstorm. Then he said the girlfriend models are predicting a huge bust, only 1-2 inches in our area. Now he just drew a map with the crayon function on MS paint saying nothing for NYC but 6-12 for central Jersey and south.

If I literally predicted EVERY possible scenario starting two weeks out, I'd be right too.
    His next bold prediction will be warm in spring followed by a even warmer summer..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    His next bold prediction will be warm in spring followed by a even warmer summer..
    Whoa whoa whoa, slow down, let me get a pen.

Brace youselves

**** you... the models change and you need to change your forecast accordingly...something tv mets do slower to keep their reputation in fact. In fact I hate that, and I could care give a **** about my reputation too, I just want to get the forecast right 1 - 2 days before something hits.

LOL!!

This dude can't take it at all! No wonder you're an astrologist!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOL!!

This dude can't take it at all! No wonder you're an astrologist!
    With a name like CookieMonsta ?? I thought he was like 15..LOL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

**** you... the models change and you need to change your forecast accordingly...something tv mets do slower to keep their reputation in fact. In fact I hate that, and I could care give a **** about my reputation too, I just want to get the forecast right 1 - 2 days before something hits.
    Uh oh.... I predict a **** storm...

Uh oh.... I predict a **** storm...
    Did you double check with his new gf?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Did you double check with his new gf?
    She's been busy shopping with Manti's woman.

All League

And so did the rest of the forecasters. Only difference is that cookie made his prediction changes two days in advance of the big guys.
    On Friday cookie said the storm was a bust while acciweather and the rest still said 10 inches. Finally today the big guys changed to a couple of inches.

The low last night in the small Alberta town I wsa in was about -38c (which is about -36 F) And that is without the windchill.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

What colors of yarn do you predict will make the best scarf?

SAR I