Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Coldest air of season since January for next week

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by the jetropolitan ranger View Post
    This! God damn this! I had my chest puffed out and everything "its the real deal, I know a guy." All for naught...damn you cookie.
    Haha - I feel you JR....and when people try to question your source, its "Don't worry about it....I know a guy". When they keep pressing you:

"Its a guy by the name of cookiemonsta on a jets messageboard. No, I've never actually met him."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Haha - I feel you JR....and when people try to question your source, its "Don't worry about it....I know a guy". When they keep pressing you:

"Its a guy by the name of cookiemonsta on a jets messageboard. No, I've never actually met him."

My wife was on the phone telling her sister about the upcoming storm predicted here.

Then I heard her explaining that she heard it from me...

who heard it from some guy on his Jets message board...

... and the guys name is cookiemonsta.

I was cracking up just listening to the conversation.
    Last edited by crossfire; 02-26-2014 at 02:28 PM.

and yet i trust him more than weather.com, go figure

Jets Insider VIP
    This! God damn this! I had my chest puffed out and everything "its the real deal, I know a guy." All for naught...damn you cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post

My wife was on the phone telling her sister about the upcoming storm predicted here.

Yeah I mentioned this to my wife this morning.

"Hey so I heard we're getting a big storm this weekend, Sunday into Monday - possibly."

Wife: From where?

"Uh, this guy I know."

Wife: What guy?

"From the Jets message board."

Wife; What's his name? Is he a real weatherman?

"Uhhh.....yes."

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Yeah I mentioned this to my wife this morning.

"Hey so I heard we're getting a big storm this weekend, Sunday into Monday - possibly."

Wife: From where?

"Uh, this guy I know."

Wife: What guy?

"From the Jets message board."

Wife; That stupid site? You're such a dork.

"Uhhh.....yes."
    Fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I envy you guys having Cookie to steer you clear of danger with an in-depth weather forecast.

Hey monsta, any chance of branching out with a few across the pond outlooks?
    You guys are f&*ked

It's a bang and a bigger bang coming, perhaps. Behind the Monday storm, there is growing certainty of a system for March 6 - 9 time frame with widespread 1 - 2 ft snows as well. Why is this winter the winter that never ends?? Because the Pna/west ridge continues to cycle in 1 - 2 week cycles and this is another cold cycle. But we are getting disturbances that would normally produce rain now produce snow for this time of the year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    It's a bang and a bigger bang coming, perhaps. Behind the Monday storm, there is growing certainty of a system for March 6 - 9 time frame with widespread 1 - 2 ft snows as well. Why is this winter the winter that never ends?? Because the Pna/west ridge continues to cycle in 1 - 2 week cycles and this is another cold cycle. But we are getting disturbances that would normally produce rain now produce snow for this time of the year.
    I knew it! Pay up, guys.

I knew it! Pay up, guys.
    Local tv mets are clearly on the same paragraph as me for the Monday storm mentioning significant snow. Also as previously stated it will last 2 - 3 days... but the steadiest snow is Monday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I like how he decided to go with CookieMonsta rather than CookieMonster, it's a more edgy name for sure IMHO

Local tv mets are clearly on the same paragraph as me for the Monday storm mentioning significant snow. Also as previously stated it will last 2 - 3 days... but the steadiest snow is Monday.
    Not just the same PAGE -- the same PARAGRAPH!

This guy's AMAZING!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    +1

After watching the news all night, can confirm.
    Pop-Tarts will be stockpiled.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You better hope. When I don't ban people for a while I get... antsy.

lol now i wont tell a soul and watch i bet theres 5 ****ing feet of snow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post

Things like that have happened to me a few times. Sometimes we don't realize how ridiculous it is around here until someone points it out. The wife will hear me break out laughing about something, she comes over and asks what's up. I make the mistake of trying to explain something like...

Me: "There's this guy Fish....and he made this really funny picture thread and....
    Her: "Oh, your messageboard thingy?"
    Me: "Well, yeah....forget about the funny picture thread....anyway, he had to take a dump at work one day and.....well, let me back up. There's this guy who used to be a cop and he really dislikes turkey legs. It's a long story, but you remember when we took the kids to Disney and we'd see all those people on scooters?...."

Her: Turning and walking out of the room, "Forget I asked. I bet TokyoJet is somehow involved in this."
    Last edited by jetstream23; 02-27-2014 at 02:06 AM.

lol now i wont tell a soul and watch i bet theres 5 ****ing feet of snow.
    Dude I feel your pain. I told all my friends the last time and they're like who the **** do you know that predicts the weather. Just like you I had to be like "ummm this guy on a message board. He's really good though I promise."

As an authorized Under Armour dealer, thank you for putting me in a good mood.

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I too find it weird that I tell people of upcoming storms.....and I know of these storms through The Cookie Man

Weird times

Has Lonnie confirmed any of this?