Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Coldest air of season since January for next week

Ukmet/Ecmwf/Gfs all showing a major snowstorm at the midday runs. There is a very well timed arctic front coming down.... and in my experience this events tend to only increase amounts closer to the storm. So while 8 - 12 inches is a good bet right now, 60% sure this will go up.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

My flight is grounded in Ft Lauderdale.

Al Leiter is on my flight.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Ukmet/Ecmwf/Gfs all showing a major snowstorm at the midday runs. There is a very well timed arctic front coming down.... and in my experience this events tend to only increase amounts closer to the storm. So while 8 - 12 inches is a good bet right now, 60% sure this will go up.
    http://www.edenroccapcana.com/

i'll be here on Wednesday! sunny and 80 degrees.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My flight is grounded in Ft Lauderdale.

Al Leiter is on my flight.

SAR I
    Is he sitting in the back with Air Supply?

Son of a *****....any clear picture on what time this is gonna go down cookie? I hope you are right this time only because I planner around the last one and we barely got any snow...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Fair enough ... I fully agree that we need to be proactive ... But I also believe that conservation is PART of the answer. I'm guilty as the next guy ..I drive a 6 cylinder 335 and a jeep ... I could be driving a Prius ...
    I'm with you man, just don't beat yourself up over it. You know, do what you can. Don't be wasteful. There's no good coming from that, but there's no good coming from pessimism either. Even if everyone drove a Prius, and the cars were going to destroy the planet, the best you'd do is buy a couple years. So it's really not the answer. I believe they are going to solve this thing eventually. Don't forget how fast technology advances. Look at the last 100 years. I'm telling you our grandchildren are gonna be laughing at our backward attempts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    In plain English. He's worried about a storm around March 1st from information in one of his models. Two storms might collide and cause problems.

How's that. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Could you dumb it down a bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    It might be cold and snowy march 1st
    Awesome, thanks guys. Now, for something else complicated; Baked Alaska:

SERVES 8

INGREDIENTS
    For the filling and cake:
    2 pints strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
    Unsalted butter, for pan
    cup cake flour, plus more for pan
    tsp. kosher salt
    cup sugar
    3 eggs
    1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
    tsp. grated lemon zest

For the meringue:
    tsp. cream of tartar
    4 egg whites
    cup sugar

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. For the filling: Line a 7″-diameter bowl with a 15″ piece of plastic wrap, allowing excess to hang over rim of bowl. Pack ice cream into bowl, smoothing top, and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.

2. For the cake: Heat oven to 325. Grease and flour an 8″ round cake pan; set aside. Whisk together flour and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat sugar and eggs in a bowl on medium-high speed of a hand mixer until tripled in volume, about 5 minutes. Stir in juice and zest; fold in flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan; bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool completely, invert onto a rack, and set aside.

3. For the meringue: Heat oven to 450. Place cream of tartar and egg whites in a large bowl; beat on medium speed of a hand mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Add sugar, and beat until stiff but not dry peaks form, about 2 minutes.

4. To serve, place cake on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Invert ice cream onto cake and peel off plastic. Cover ice cream and cake with meringue. Bake until meringue begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Using 2 metal spatulas, transfer to a cake plate and serve immediately.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Awesome, thanks guys. Now, for something else complicated; Baked Alaska:

SERVES 8

INGREDIENTS
    For the filling and cake:
    2 pints strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
    Unsalted butter, for pan
    cup cake flour, plus more for pan
    tsp. kosher salt
    cup sugar
    3 eggs
    1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
    tsp. grated lemon zest

For the meringue:
    tsp. cream of tartar
    4 egg whites
    cup sugar

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. For the filling: Line a 7″-diameter bowl with a 15″ piece of plastic wrap, allowing excess to hang over rim of bowl. Pack ice cream into bowl, smoothing top, and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.

2. For the cake: Heat oven to 325. Grease and flour an 8″ round cake pan; set aside. Whisk together flour and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat sugar and eggs in a bowl on medium-high speed of a hand mixer until tripled in volume, about 5 minutes. Stir in juice and zest; fold in flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan; bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool completely, invert onto a rack, and set aside.

3. For the meringue: Heat oven to 450. Place cream of tartar and egg whites in a large bowl; beat on medium speed of a hand mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Add sugar, and beat until stiff but not dry peaks form, about 2 minutes.

4. To serve, place cake on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Invert ice cream onto cake and peel off plastic. Cover ice cream and cake with meringue. Bake until meringue begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Using 2 metal spatulas, transfer to a cake plate and serve immediately.
    Piece of cake.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Is he sitting in the back with Air Supply?
    It was a one-class aircraft, pity.

SAR I

Cm
    Any updates?

The Weather Channel is saying that models are coming together showing the brunt of this storm going out to sea.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

We still looking at this storm?

accuweather now saying that we'll see an inch or two on Wednesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    accuweather now saying that we'll see an inch or two on Wednesday morning.
    No snow Wendesday...it looks like any storm is delayed until Monday or so.

Just saw this today

weather.jpg

I am not going to be able to post much in the next few days due to the busy weather pattern. New data at 11pm says Sunday - Tuesday upcoming expect heavy snowfall. I advertised a front setting up south of us... this time the system that was delayed will come in this timeframe as the models have converged right now. In fact the chance of snowfall up to 18 inches is fairly high. Be advertised a major snowstorm is likely right now with the Gfs model coming into better agreement for s - t.

In other words a prolonged period of modt - heavy snow is likely fairly similar to Jan 1996 except the wind is not gona be as strong at all. This is not a wind driven snowstorm... but a fairly long duration and paralyzing event.

Best call on accumalation is 18 - 24 inches of snow for nyc into c nj and into westchester county...further south of philly into dc an icy mix with frz rain. This is a fluffy snow...but initially will start out wet. Confidence is high right now .

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Best call on accumalation is 18 - 24 inches of snow for nyc into c nj and into westchester county...further south of philly into dc an icy mix with frz rain. This is a fluffy snow...but initially will start out wet. Confidence is high right now .
    Can I ban you if you're wrong?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Can I ban you if you're wrong?
    Definitely.

He called for major snow tomorrow....

Then today said...

No snow Wendesday...it looks like any storm is delayed until Monday or so.
    So a snow storm got delayed by 5 days??? His latest call, just now, is for 18-24 inches of snow to arrive 5 to 7 days from now.

In other news, I'm predicting a 9 win season for the Jets in 2021.

But some of my models are showing 7 wins and a Low Pressure system that will cause another quarterback controversy.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 02-26-2014 at 12:02 AM.