Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Season Ticket Holder!

You guys know this thing is getting ridiculous right?

There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to how one can spend their money. SAR I can afford it and he purchased PSL's and some others buy from stubhub to avoid paying too much money for the tickets.

The same logic can be applied to getting married.

1) SAR I says I got married and paid a fee upfront so I can **** the same woman rest of my life without worrying about who else ****s her.

2) stubhub folks say, it makes more sense to **** hookers because each time you **** a different woman and you can **** her as much as you want.

There is no right or wrong.

Let it go.

Allow the OP to enjoy his season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post

There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to how one can spend their money. SAR I can afford it and he purchased PSL's and some others buy from stubhub to avoid paying too much money for the tickets.

1) SAR I says I got married and paid a fee upfront so I can **** the same woman rest of my life without worrying about who else ****s her.

2) stubhub folks say, it makes more sense to **** hookers because each time you **** a different woman and you can **** her as much as you want.

Let it go.

You're forgetting something:

3) It makes more sense to marry a good earner so while not worrying about who else ****s her you are also using her money to **** hookers because each time you **** a different woman and you can **** her as much as you want.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post

Let it go.

Who said romance was dead? Excellent work.

A couple follow up questions from last several posts.

Do green passes truly enable easy in and outs? I would get one if I thought it would consistently help

Also, speaking of hookers, is the wall st gentleman above the Jonah Hill character from wolf of Wall Street? If so, did you really swallow that gold fish and take all those ludes?

There are real millionaires here and fake Thurston Howell millionaires. Hint: if they take the train to work, it's Thurston Howell, not Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    The 20% preseason loss is what really gets me and we all know it is not the Jets but the NFL. And I know I am not alone on this. I have 3 very trustworthy guys I met on Craigslist surprisingly that when I need parking passes (I prefer the Green so I am in and out) they hook me up for a modest up-charge early in the season. Just for sh*ts and giggles a bunch of my buddies and I went to the Jacksonville PS for $12 a head. Had a blast and no one felt extorted. Then OD and the Miami game on the secondary market for huge discounts. Had no issues with parking, neighbors in the seats next to me or anything of that sort. Sat in 342 all 3 times, left the games as the gun sounded and was out on Route 3 heading west in 2 minutes. Call me crazy but I don't like to overpay for anything. And I had as good a time as any STH. Was a former one myself. Not any more.
    That empty suit Goodell said he was going to do something about full price for pre-season tickets, so I'm still waiting because the NFL would not lie to it's fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    There are real millionaires here and fake Thurston Howell millionaires. Hint: if they take the train to work, it's Thurston Howell, not Donald Trump.
    I used to do a lot of work with Rich folk many years ago. Pretty much I saw many client accounts at Brown Brother and US Trust back in the day as well as a lot of Executive Compensation. Bloomberg took train to work, my old bosses boss dropped his jets tickets when they raised prices in UD like 15 years ago and his net worth was 100 million and took home a 500K biweekly paycheck.

My favorite and I will name drop Larry Liberwitz was famous for walking an extra block to get cart coffee for 50 cents and would not spring for large for 75 cents while he complained about staff buying starbucks. His brother is Jon Stewart, huge bigshot at one point ran a trading desks in 90s size of football field and got a cut of every traders commission, ran a black box he split profit with firm, had an LLC on the side and his own multi million dollar salary but 25 cents extra for large coffee was too much.

Old CEO NYSE Dick Grasso used to expense street pretzels as he could not bare to part with 50 cents back in the 90s.

And I did see Donald Trumps account he is a super cheap skate and leveraged to the max. His net worth is peanuts.

Heck I saw a few heirs in Manhasset accounts who were like 24 year old girls with 500 million accounts and they were nothing fancy.

The rich folk are on the train my friend, trust me.
    Last edited by Alkrotraz; 02-26-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Ace Greenberg former CEO of Bear Stearns never tipped the shoeshine guy saying if he thinks his shine is worth more than 3 bucks then he should charge more.
    Ace was only making 40 million plus annually and this was 25 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I used to do a lot of work with Rich folk many years ago. Pretty much I saw many client accounts at Brown Brother and US Trust back in the day as well as a lot of Executive Compensation. Bloomberg took train to work, my old bosses boss dropped his jets tickets when they raised prices in UD like 15 years ago and his net worth was 100 million and took home a 500K biweekly paycheck.

My favorite and I will name drop Larry Liberwitz was famous for walking an extra block to get cart coffee for 50 cents and would not spring for large for 75 cents while he complained about staff buying starbucks. His brother is Jon Stewart, huge bigshot at one point ran a trading desks in 90s size of football field and got a cut of every traders commission, ran a black box he split profit with firm, had an LLC on the side and his own multi million dollar salary but 25 cents extra for large coffee was too much.

Old CEO NYSE Dick Grasso used to expense street pretzels as he could not bare to part with 50 cents back in the 90s.

And I did see Donald Trumps account he is a super cheap skate and leveraged to the max. His net worth is peanuts.

Heck I saw a few heirs in Manhasset accounts who were like 24 year old girls with 500 million accounts and they were nothing fancy.

The rich folk are on the train my friend, trust me.
    I agree with you on Trump. I think when he croaks it will come out that it's all vaporware. And I agree with you about the train. I guess my main point is that when someone brags they are rich, many times it's not the case, or they are compensating for a small weenie.

How does the fact that Thurston Howell dragged a huge chest full of cash around when going on a three hour tour influence your opinion of his net worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    How does the fact that Thurston Howell dragged a huge chest full of cash around when going on a three hour tour influence your opinion of his net worth?
    The bills were fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    I guess my main point is that when someone brags they are rich, many times it's not the case, or they are compensating for a small weenie.
    That's always what poor people think.

SAR I

I did some math my first 2 years or so in the new stadium. Year 1 I was smart to have season tickets because I would have overpaid overall including preseason. Year 2 I would have paid the same using Stubhub because of the Giants game costing a fortune. Year 3 and 4 were a bit different. For me it's also I need 3 seats and I want them on an aisle. I sit in the upper deck so I don't have a PSL payment. This year my price dropped from $95 a ticket to $65 and obviously I"m renewing. I would have at $95 as well. For me yea I probably overpay but there are things I like about having season tickets instead of Stubhubbing it. See a few below:

1. I like my seats even though they are in the upper deck. First row on an aisle is tough to find anywhere.

2. I like the fact that I do know the usher since I sit next to him. Two years ago I was recovering from major surgery and since he knew me he went out of his way to make sure a wheelchair came to me ASAP instead of me having to wait a while for one. I don't need to be best friends but it's nice to have someone watch out for you.

3. I like having hard tickets. I hate printouts and like to save my stubs.

4. Even though it is the upper deck there still are several season ticketholders near me. In the old place I knew everyone better but it's still nice to have a couple familiar faces near me who I talk to.

5. This one is HUGE. I have a built in excuse to miss other things that come up. Everyone knows I never miss a home game so they plan around it. Thanksgiving I'd take a lot of crap if I said "Oh I"ll go on Stubhub for that game" Instead I had the tickets already and got to go. Engagement parties I've been able to skip saying "I already have tickets." If I used the line "Oh I'm stubhubbing it" it may have come out worse. Also everyone I know who has dropped their seats and "stubhubs it" goes to 1/4 of the games they used to. A prime example the 49ers game two years ago. A friend of mine who was going to become a "proud Stubhubber" said prices for that game were too expensive he was skipping it. I know someone mentioned the Dolphins game tickets for cheap. Well yea we had just lose 3 games in a row it happens. The Saints game was going for pretty good money though. Look at our upcoming schedule for 2014 at home: Denver, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Oakland, Chicago, Miami, New England, Buffalo. Sure Buffalo will go for cheap. Miami may depending on both teams records and the time of the year.

6. It's a way of life. We are creatures of habit. We have our routines of where we tailgate, who we tailgate with, the route we take to walk into the stadium, the timing planned to run to the bathroom during a punt and be back in your seat in time for the next posession, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Get ready for the endless debate here on JIÖ Investment Gold vs. You got suckered.
    Hereís my take on the discussion. If you can afford them and purchased them with the intent of going to at least 85% of the games (around 6-7 games a year), itís worth it. Forget it if you think you will recover any of the games that you donít go to. Be sure to get a parking pass.
    Find a good group to tail gate with. If you donít have a crew, check out tailgate Joe. He charges something like $250 a season for all you can eat and drink.
    Welcome to the stadium.
    (BTW Ė I personally hate the new stadium)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Welcome aboard! It's all about the tail gate and tailgate Joe is a great recommendation. But if you want to cook pm me and join our growing crew. Rebuilding after the mass exodus of long time fans due to PSLs.
    Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! And yeah, everyone is welcome to join us on game day. For those who made it out to join us pregame last year, swing by my youtube channel and check the video from each game.

I'm spending a lot of my free time now working on stuff for our competition bbq team and coming up with new stuff to serve next season. We try to take it to another level each year. I'd love to have more of the JI gang join us next season, and I am extending that invite to everyone here!

And with regard to the OP, congrats on the season tix! Glad to have another fan join the 80,000 on gameday, every fan in green adds to the game day experience!

Some of my work in the TGJ kitchen lab this past week, beef tri-tip, a cut of beef that is not really found on the east coast but wildly popular in Cali and Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Get ready for the endless debate here on JI… Investment Gold vs. You got suckered.
    Here’s my take on the discussion. If you can afford them and purchased them with the intent of going to at least 85% of the games (around 6-7 games a year), it’s worth it. Forget it if you think you will recover any of the games that you don’t go to. Be sure to get a parking pass.
    Find a good group to tail gate with. If you don’t have a crew, check out tailgate Joe. He charges something like $250 a season for all you can eat and drink.
    Welcome to the stadium.
    (BTW – I personally hate the new stadium)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Welcome aboard! It's all about the tail gate and tailgate Joe is a great recommendation. But if you want to cook pm me and join our growing crew. Rebuilding after the mass exodus of long time fans due to PSLs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    5. This one is HUGE. I have a built in excuse to miss other things that come up. Everyone knows I never miss a home game so they plan around it. Thanksgiving I'd take a lot of crap if I said "Oh I"ll go on Stubhub for that game" Instead I had the tickets already and got to go. Engagement parties I've been able to skip saying "I already have tickets." If I used the line "Oh I'm stubhubbing it" it may have come out worse. Also everyone I know who has dropped their seats and "stubhubs it" goes to 1/4 of the games they used to. A prime example the 49ers game two years ago. A friend of mine who was going to become a "proud Stubhubber" said prices for that game were too expensive he was skipping it. I know someone mentioned the Dolphins game tickets for cheap. Well yea we had just lose 3 games in a row it happens. The Saints game was going for pretty good money though. Look at our upcoming schedule for 2014 at home: Denver, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Oakland, Chicago, Miami, New England, Buffalo. Sure Buffalo will go for cheap. Miami may depending on both teams records and the time of the year.
    This is so true, my tix have got me out of having to go to a lot of bs parties and gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

6. It's a way of life. We are creatures of habit. We have our routines of where we tailgate, who we tailgate with, the route we take to walk into the stadium, the timing planned to run to the bathroom during a punt and be back in your seat in time for the next posession, etc.
    Totally agree. And very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

I live in Manhasset. hook a brother up!

Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    I live in Manhasset. hook a brother up!
    I am sure they are long married. But back when I looked it was the Quick sisters, both single. Dont laugh. Their Dad founded Quick and Riley and he cashed out at the peak. Was a Trust account they split 50/50 when they inhereited.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's always what poor people think.

SAR I
    That's what poor thinkers think.
    Last edited by Heynowguy; 02-27-2014 at 10:14 AM.

My wife worked in a bank on LI in the 5 towns.
    She's told me many times the richest people come in dressed very plainly and you could never
    believe that the person sitting in front of you
    had accumulated that much wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    My wife worked in a bank on LI in the 5 towns.
    She's told me many times the richest people come in dressed very plainly and you could never
    believe that the person sitting in front of you
    had accumulated that much wealth.

I live out near Steve Forbes. Seen him in the local Friendly's years ago. Wouldn't order anything larger than the $2.22 breakfast.