Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Trade Rumors? Buckle Up

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    God his face looks like it would be so much fun to punch

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Ultimate worst case scenario: New England trades for him, he's back to 100% health, and Belichick let's him play man
    tic tic tic tic tic tic tic….

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Rex's plan will work. Sabotage the offense to the point that great defenses are useless against it.
    This!

LOL!!!!!!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Ok, so who is dumb enough to pay $16M for him???
    Nobody. Except for the Browns. And that could be one of the reasons that idiot Lombardi is Cheater Bill's little lap dog now.
    Just because they trade for him with his current contract doesn't mean they can't then re-negotiate that contract.

I've said all along that Revis would most likely want to renegotiate after he proved himself in 2013. Right now he has no guaranteed money. He can get traded, renegotiate, get guaranteed money spread over more years and lessen the cap hit to the team that trades for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    He spoke out against his coach this year, then had to back-pedal, but his point was made before mid-season. I say, where there's smoke there's usually fire.

We may "think" he's fine in the lockerroom, but all we have to prove that is an assumption... meanwhile, we have proof of him literally undermining his coach this past year. So, it's just as safe an assumption (if not safer, since it's informed by actual examples of him doing it) to think he's probably done it before.
    Collisions low crossers makes him out to be the ideal teammate. And schiano was garbage, a lot of guys spoke out about him.

Veteran
    The Packers make the most sense. Lots of cap room and lousy defense. Revis would fit in nicely with the Cowboys' team concept. Surprisingly, they actually have some wiggle room under the cap.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 02-25-2014 at 11:24 PM.

The Saints sure could use him. Six games a year vs. Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson and Steve Smith, and their defense is coordinated by a Ryan. Not sure how they'd fit his salary under the cap, but the Xs and Os make sense.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Revis would fit in nicely with the Cowboys' team concept. Surprisingly, they actually have some wiggle room under the cap.
    I don't have the info right on hand ... But I didn't think that was accurate ...

Aren't they being forced to make decisions on whether to let Miles Austin and Demarcus Ware go due to cap issues?

Revis is a cancer and a team would be foolish to trade or sign him beyond a 1 year deal.

He is a heads I win, tails you lose player. If he has a good year, he holds out. If he has a bad year, he pockets your money. Who needs it?

Most likely scenario is that he gets cut by the Bucs and we get a 4th. Still an excellent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The Browns are trying to get themselves straightened out. They are not giving up picks and paying that kind of $.
    Absolutely. But who ELSE would take on that contract?
    Or do you think they will straight up cut him? I can't see them just dropping "Mr Island" with no trade in place.

'm sure new mgmt would wet their pants to be able to trade him, but Al Davis is dead, and I don't think even HE would do that!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Just because they trade for him with his current contract doesn't mean they can't then re-negotiate that contract.

I've said all along that Revis would most likely want to renegotiate after he proved himself in 2013. Right now he has no guaranteed money. He can get traded, renegotiate, get guaranteed money spread over more years and lessen the cap hit to the team that trades for him.
    Oooooh.... I was under the assumption his contract was guaranteed!

-
    He would love nothing more than to fvck the Jets any way possible. That, I'm sure of. :/

I would LOVE to see him end up in Miami.

Wouldn't mind him destroying NE's cap either.

Neither one will affect us for the worse.

Here's how it'll probably most likely remotely never not happen:

Bucs threaten to cut Revis behind closed doors.

Teams call Bucs inquiring about Revis, but really Tampa is shopping Revis and using this as a media wall as to not hurt Revis' feelings. Poor guy.

Bucs trade Revis to Jets, wash out 3rd round conditional pick and call it even.

Jets negotiate Revis' salary prior to trade, offering 9 million/year 7 of which is guaranteed for 5 years.

Revis bends over and takes it up the rear, accepting the deal.

Jets win 5 Superbowls in a row. Playmaking difference maker extraordinaire.
    You are a true VISIONAIRY…

Revis made a huge mistake leaving the Jets

he should fire his agents and probably hire a new business manager

9-10 million guarantee in NY with all the media ,commercials , his status around the league is worth more then 16 million non guarantee in Tampa

this blander by his agents will not be forgotten and Revis will come out in a few years after he wise up and claim his agents ruined what was the start of an HOF career

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Revis will come out in a few years after he wise up and claim his agents ruined what was the start of an HOF career
    Doubt it

Veteran

The 16 million he is getting this year would be two years guaranteed (8 million x 2) on any other team in the current free agent market. I'd imagine he is quite happy with that 16 million for another year and see if the free agency for cornerbacks improve next year. I can't see his ego accepting say four years at 8 million a year even if he is 29 years of age . Why would he ? Take another 16 million from Tampa Bay this year and he has three years to beat 16 million, he would likely make at least 21 million over three years in 2015. Tampa needs to put fannies on seats, I doubt they cut him this year and he will not renegotiate his contract (I am guessing here ) for nothing less than 10 or 12 million a year guaranteed. Will any team give Darelle Revis that money ?

I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I would LOVE to see him end up in Miami.

Wouldn't mind him destroying NE's cap either.

Neither one will affect us for the worse.
    Why would you LOVE to see him in Miami, you want him picking off Geno twice a year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Why would you LOVE to see him in Miami, you want him picking off Geno twice a year?
    Milliner,Reed and Cro had more picks then Revis last season..

Hall Of Fame
    Here's how it'll probably most likely remotely never not happen:

Bucs threaten to cut Revis behind closed doors.

Teams call Bucs inquiring about Revis, but really Tampa is shopping Revis and using this as a media wall as to not hurt Revis' feelings. Poor guy.

Bucs trade Revis to Jets, wash out 3rd round conditional pick and call it even.

Jets negotiate Revis' salary prior to trade, offering 9 million/year 7 of which is guaranteed for 5 years.

Revis bends over and takes it up the rear, accepting the deal.

Jets win 5 Superbowls in a row. Playmaking difference maker extraordinaire.
    I can't see a scenario where this doesn't happen.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    I agree with everything you wrote but one thing I came across in the whole Revis discussion a little while back was that his contract allows the Bucs to convert his salary to a bonus, at their discretion, and thus spreading the cap hit across the contract. If that is in fact the case, the Bucs are less inclined to renegotiate as they have downside protection (they have no longterm commitment) and they don't have to have a huge cap hit this year (or next year) if they don't want to.

Of course, Revis would like to get his deal converted to one with guaranteed money. But, for now, his value is high enough that he doesn't have to worry. He will get paid his salary this year and if the Bucs cut him next year, he will still be in line for a huge deal with big upfront money. So, he's still sitting pretty. He'll have made $32m in 2 years on top of what he pocketed from the Jets under his last deal plus being in line for big paydays in the future - whether its under his current deal or a new one with big upfront cash.