Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Revis Trade Rumors? Buckle Up

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    This one is easy to predict, and even I can't get this one wrong. Tampa bay will have to cut him. (coming up real soon to keep that pick0 Sometimes you have to admit to yourself that you made a bad trade. Don't keep compounding the mistake. aqnother prediction Charles Tillman will be D revis replacement at Cb for Lovie.
    I guess we'll find out soon. Obviously I hope you're wrong.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one is easy to predict, and even I can't get this one wrong. Tampa bay will have to cut him. (coming up real soon to keep that pick0 Sometimes you have to admit to yourself that you made a bad trade. Don't keep compounding the mistake. aqnother prediction Charles Tillman will be D revis replacement at Cb for Lovie.
    When he is still on the roster and we get their third round pick, and you are wrong again, will you give us a thirty day moratorium on your posting? You are quite the jester but even a jester gets old.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except, they don't HAVE TO trade him..... he has no guaranteed money--- meaning they can rework the contract, for less annual money, with GUARANTEED money. His current deal doesn't protect him from injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Except, they don't HAVE TO trade him..... he has no guaranteed money--- meaning they can rework the contract, for less annual money, with GUARANTEED money. His current deal doesn't protect him from injury.
    He has to be off the roster by third day of start of free agency(correct) for them to keep that third round pick. ( That is all the Buccaneers care about- despite what they are saying today) Most likely they aren't going to be able to trade him. The Cb market has dried up, and silly to pay a CB -Qb money. You can get Cb's for a lot less that fit the scheme Lovie Smith wants to play.

We should find out real soon as free agency about to start and he has to be off the roster the third day it starts. a First and fourth round pick was still highway robbery.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has to be off the roster by third day of start of free agency(correct) for them to keep that third round pick.
    Yeah that makes perfect sense. Cut him to make sure you don't move down 30 spots in the middle of the draft. Much better scenario than either trading him for a 1st or 2nd or having one of the greatest CBs of all time on your roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sir, are a retarded potato.

That is all.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. does anyone know for sure if he is traded (not cut) we lose the 3rd round pick?

2. The Bucs could afford him last season and he just came off of an injury. This season he is more healthy and the salary cap is up by $6+ million.

3. He is still very good and should be even better this coming season considering he is another 8 months removed from the injury. what good is cutting him?
    trade I can see. cutting seems stoopid.

4. He and the Bucs both agreed to that flexible contract for reasons. One of which is a less flexible deal (and thus less expensive for the Bucs but more of a sure thing for Revis) can be hammered out. Say $ 11 million for 2014 and 2015 guaranteed.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    again another post that makes my brain hurt , could the cap money also be because of contracts explaining and dead money from cut players? there is allot more happening other then being cheap or calling a team cheap. For instance by cutting Sanchez, Cro and Holmes the Jets could add 26 million more or there abouts?
    It is not black and white and more is happening here then just paying less.
    Exactly my feelings when I responded to a Jets fan calling the Pats cheap. I guess your brain was okay with that post.

The fact that the cheap card was thrown at the Pats in a thread about Revis (a talented player that the Jets weren't interested in paying) made it just about impossible to ignore, if only for the sheer irony.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Exactly my feelings when I responded to a Jets fan calling the Pats cheap. I guess your brain was okay with that post.

The fact that the cheap card was thrown at the Pats in a thread about Revis (a talented player that the Jets weren't interested in paying) made it just about impossible to ignore, if only for the sheer irony.
    I did not see that post but still you raised the level of stupid. paying 16 million to man that had a hold out 3 yrs before for more money is just bad business sense. This is a two way street the players make allot of money doing something they proclaim they love to do.
    They paid x amount in the first yrs of the deal of which he missed 1 r of games. Yeah that is someone I want to pay 16 million for. Sorry that is not the way you build a team call me cheap or smart I do not care.

Seriously I understand you dislike the cheater boards by why do you constantly chime in on the Jets board knowing you are going to face that kind of crap. Coming here you should know cards are going to be thrown if you don't like the talk and respond the same way what do you expect? That is like me going to the cheaters board and replying every thread that has something about the Jets in it. I do not do it why, Well first I have a life secondly I can give 2 craps what some fool in NE thinks about the Jets. Look at it from another preservative you are not spurring interesting conversation ,you are spurring antagonism. But maybe you have nothing better to do then rile your fellow man or maybe you are an internet tough guy out to defend the glory of a bunch of CHEATERS but figure every time I see you post outside of a game thread between the two teams I just shake my head. If this is the way you enjoy yourself.
    Are the pasties cheap no, have they cheated yes that has been proven.
    There a card has been thrown you can not refute, try to refute that and you prove my point that you are little more then a troll.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

I wouldn't consider the Pats cheap b/c of their salary cap space. I would consider them cheap b/c they rarely take care of their own players that they develop (i.e. Branch, Samuel, Welker) and almost always look for the cheap alternatives. That's why their defense has gone to sh*t. Well that and terrible drafting.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has to be off the roster by third day of start of free agency(correct) for them to keep that third round pick. ( That is all the Buccaneers care about- despite what they are saying today) Most likely they aren't going to be able to trade him. The Cb market has dried up, and silly to pay a CB -Qb money. You can get Cb's for a lot less that fit the scheme Lovie Smith wants to play.

We should find out real soon as free agency about to start and he has to be off the roster the third day it starts. a First and fourth round pick was still highway robbery.
    They could easily keep him past the deadline, then trade him afterwards and recoup at least the 3 they lost to us. There's no sense cutting him at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing how not that long ago Revis looked like the next Jet to head to the Hall of Fame.....now a year out of Rex's system and it's like "yeah he's still a very good player but screw him, he ain't worth the trouble his negotiations bring".

Not that it wasn't frustrating how he held out in 2010, but the man was on another planet from 09 til he tore the ACL in Miami a couple years ago. I would still take him back for the right price, but I don't think he's leaving Tampa a year removed from them giving up a 1st rounder, new management or not.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis Trade Rumors? Buckle Up

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    I wouldn't consider the Pats cheap b/c of their salary cap space. I would consider them cheap b/c they rarely take care of their own players that they develop (i.e. Branch, Samuel, Welker) and almost always look for the cheap alternatives. That's why their defense has gone to sh*t. Well that and terrible drafting.
    To be fair, it's often smarter than not to avoid paying players for their past performance. If you've had great production on the cheap from a guy, even if he's a guy your team has developed, the worst thing you could do is give him a friendship contract, if you don't think that production will continue.

Welker backfired on them, he still had something left in the tank (he also went to an even better QB, which is something they could not expect). That's the risk you take. But it's also a risk to look at an older guy like Samuel and give him a huge contract based on his superb play in the past, rather than his projected value going forward.

F the Pats, but most of their contract decisions are cold hearted and efficient, very admirable IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Welker backfired on them
    Maybe, he had a down year compared to his other years but it was still better than Amendola though worse than Edelman.

I don't think we'll be able to know if they made the right choice until we see how both he and Amendola perform next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    This could easily be the dumbest thing you've ever said here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Maybe this week

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Yeah that makes perfect sense. Cut him to make sure you don't move down 30 spots in the middle of the draft. Much better scenario than either trading him for a 1st or 2nd or having one of the greatest CBs of all time on your roster.
    Yes in a deep draft moving up thirty spots makes a big difference. Also you can possible trade back in the third ,to pick up another 4th round .( Yes they owe the Jets a fourth, but they can recoup another fourth rounder)

No team is trading for Revis and paying his huge salary. Tampa Bay was dumb last year giving up as much as they did, if they just waited, they would have got him for a lot left. ( Idzik took them to the cleaners)
    Tampba Bay can say how much they want Revis now, (big plans with him) but it's silly to pay a CB sixteen million when you have a lot of other needs . Not to mention a waste in the scheme they play on defense.

Again we will find out real soon what they do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This isn't even in the top 10. Still Tampba bay isn't keeping him, and they can't trade him in that time frame. What choice do they have . Keep him for sixteen million dollars, or cut him. (move on and get two cb's for the price of one) Let's see if I was right on this one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    They could easily keep him past the deadline, then trade him afterwards and recoup at least the 3 they lost to us. There's no sense cutting him at all.
    NOw what happens when no one is willing to trade for him. (There are a lot of Cbs in Fa and the draft) You wasted a third round pick, and owe him sixteen million dollars. What will there fan base think when they just cut him , and they lost that third rounder.( 16 million is stupid to pay any non Quarterback- especially when you aren't one player away from a championship)) How many Cb's can you get for sixteen million dollars.

There is a new regime in tampabay . How do they recoup that fourth rounder to the Jets.(If Revis not on the roster)( By using that third rounder, to trade back for an extra fourth round pick.(there should be a QB that a team wants with that pick) Now you have your full set of picks.

You think the new regime care how bad that trade looks . Just like Reggie Mckenzie didn't care what Raiders paid for Carson Palmer. It was all about creating as much salary cap space as possible.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-27-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't even in the top 10. Still Tampba bay isn't keeping him, and they can't trade him in that time frame. What choice do they have . Keep him for sixteen million dollars, or cut him. (move on and get two cb's for the price of one) Let's see if I was right on this one.
    Is putting a b in Tampa one of them??