Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female Employees..... how to deal with them?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Female Employees..... how to deal with them?

I have 4 females that report to me..... Every damn day one of them has an excuse.... car wont

start, kids are ill, Court, every damn excuse you can think of.

Conversely, the male employees are always at work, and I never have attendance issues with them.

Anyone have similar experiences with the ''Fairer sex''?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    the male employees are always at work, and I never have attendance issues with them.
    The alternative is being home....with those sick kids, the broken car...and the the crazy beeeotch who has court cases pending against her.

Works a breeze.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 4 females that report to me..... Every damn day one of them has an excuse.... car wont

Conversely, the male employees are always at work, and I never have attendance issues with them.

I hear you can get away with paying them less.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to make them want to quit without jeopardizing yourself. I have a ton of ways to do this but I don't have time right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

So when this happens, they don't come in, you're saying. Correct? If the time out is charged against their vacation/sick leave then what's the problem?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    So when this happens, they don't come in, you're saying. Correct? If the time out is charged against their vacation/sick leave then what's the problem?
    Nope---- they just dont get paid..... but there is still a job to be done and im getting tired of

dealing with Ugly, Nasty Fat broads....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drop a wad in their coffee or feed them a turdburger. That ought to make them want to come to work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope---- they just dont get paid..... but there is still a job to be done and im getting tired of

move out of Buffalo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you've got to do a better job with the interview process. Minimum requirements, they should look like this-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Drop a wad in their coffee or feed them a turdburger. That ought to make them want to come to work.
    Or drop a steaming deuce in their chop meat. Oops, wrong thread.

Legit though, I used to supervise 12 account managers at my old gig, 8 of which were women. They were exhausting, had every excuse in the book for a million different situations and in addition to that, knew what everyone else did in the group including their own friends..."So and so went to lunch at 12:30 and didn't get back until close to 2, but you didn't see it cuz you were in a meeting." Dear God, STFU!!!
    Last edited by RageATL; 02-26-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful, we are currently live in a PC era.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugly/nasty/fat vs people who don't come in are two separate issues.

And as you're management, ultimately, they are both on you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Female Employees..... how to deal with them?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you listing reasons to be gay or something

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My female employees are told to stare at my penis for at least 5 minutes on Friday if they want their check. Its simple, it makes me happy and it seems to satisfy any sexual frustration around the work place.

Just kidding, I don't hire women. I'm a flooring contractor and can't have a women crawling around on the floor with me all day. I'm a perv, it would kill my effort.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    My female employees are told to stare at my penis for at least 5 minutes on Friday if they want their check.
    You must spend a fortune on microscopes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am sure glad I opened THIS thread ...

I used to run a department and the men, in general, were lazy too-good-to-do-the-work kind of guys. One guy would wander around to see what everyone else was doing, would drop into my office with non-sequiturs, ask me if it was okay to ask the president of the company why he was successful (stfu and do your own job) and then tell me we should only hire PhD's (he was one).

Another guy would spend half of every day writing emails to me and HR, and doing research to show us that he was doing a good job. Another one was a space cadet and only cared about his boat.

So, I think it depends on the industry and the employees themselves, not their gender.

Of course, trying to convince hampur guys that not all women are crazy, lazy, gossipy, etc etc etc is like expecting Cookie not to make weather thread or FF2 not to tell us who died.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, it is easier than you think. First off, you need to find your laws for what state you are in, like Florida is a Right to Work state, you don't have to have a reason to fire someone, I mean you should, but it is not law.

If you have a situation where you need to get rid of someone for just cause it is simple, you just need two things.
    1, You need to document the workers poor time schedule and poor working habits, plane and simple.
    2, You need the balls to actually follow through with the plan of firing someone. You will be effecting someone's life for the negative, but if they where not insubordinate, they would not be in the situation, you have to look at it as if they are effecting their own life.

Once you have these two issues ion place, sit this girl down, with In-humane resources, have the last 6 months time card and lay it out on the line, you have a job, this can't continue, I need more focus, if it keeps up I have to write you up and then if it continues I have to let you go. Just keep in mind that what you do for one you have to do for the other.

Also understand that people have different circumstances in life. If this girl is really struggling at home with kids and stuff and she is making every attempt to do the job and is a good worker when there but just does not have a lot of support at home, I would have a tendency to try to work something out with her. You should be able to pull personal feeling out to see who a piece of sh1t and who isn't.

There are good female workers and if you are worried that you have to keep a certain percentage of ladies in the building I am sure you will find quality, there should be enough to choose from. Now just remember, use the 90 day review to heart, let it help determine if a person fits in the company or not.

Good Luck.