Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long shot here but looking for help getting in touch with any NYC principal

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Long shot here but looking for help getting in touch with any NYC principal

Hey all. I am trying to become a substitute teacher or para/teachers aid in NYC. I plan to use either of these to figure out what grades I want to focus on when I start graduate school in January. In order to become one you need a NYC principal to nominate you. I even tried asking at the schools where I graduated from and I cant even get a meeting with a principal to discuss this. Either no one answers the phone or i'm told the principal is too busy to meet with me. Can anyone here get me in touch with a principal or is a principal? Any help anyone can provide will be appreciated. Thanks!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Bing is a principal, although in Buffalo, not NYC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    isn't Hitman a Principal?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just go to a school and scribble some graffiti on some lockers. They'll send you right to the principal's office.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    You've come to the right place, however you need the wrong thing.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll totally hook you up with my son's principal.

"Hey, Ms. Jones....yeah, I know this guy who really wants to become a para or a substitute and wants you to nominate him.....whaddyasay? What? Well, I don't actually know him know him. I know him from a messageboard I post on. Actually, come to think about it, I've never actually seen him before - he has 33 posts in 4 years. What? Oh, its JI - a Jets messageboard. Yes....that's true, he probably is pre-disposed to be easily agitated and surly seeing as he's a Jet fan. Hmmm interesting question.....I don't think he knows Cookiemonsta. OK, I'll hold."

I'll get right on it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

"Hey, Ms. Jones....yeah, I know this guy who really wants to become a para or a substitute and wants you to nominate him.....whaddyasay? What? Well, I don't actually know him know him. I know him from a messageboard I post on. Actually, come to think about it, I've never actually seen him before - he has 33 posts in 4 years. What? Oh, its JI - a Jets messageboard. Yes....that's true, he probably is pre-disposed to be easily agitated and surly seeing as he's a Jet fan. Hmmm interesting question.....I don't think he knows Cookiemonsta. OK, I'll hold."

I'll get right on it.
    He said it was a longshot.

COMMON!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I'll get right on it.

That's just the kind of man/woman/paratrooper we've been looking for! 89k to start, 3 months off a year, lunch included.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    That's just the kind of man/woman/paratrooper we've been looking for! 89k to start, 3 months off a year, lunch included.
    Yes, and put him around small kids, lots of 'em.

-

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
    Hey all. I am trying to become a substitute teacher or para/teachers aid in NYC. I plan to use either of these to figure out what grades I want to focus on when I start graduate school in January. In order to become one you need a NYC principal to nominate you. I even tried asking at the schools where I graduated from and I cant even get a meeting with a principal to discuss this. Either no one answers the phone or i'm told the principal is too busy to meet with me. Can anyone here get me in touch with a principal or is a principal? Any help anyone can provide will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Can you swing one of these with authority?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    He said it was a longshot.

COMMON!
    COMMON!, COMMON? Is that Rhode Island-ese for C'mon? Geez, get yerself some rosetta stone.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    COMMON!, COMMON? Is that Rhode Island-ese for C'mon? Geez, get yerself some rosetta stone.
    This is what happens when you disappear for 3 years at a time. You lose touch with common (or is it c'mon) Hampur parlance.

Did I just defend FF2? <Crash seen in the lobby spraying himself with industrial strength fire extinguisher>

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    That's just the kind of man/woman/shemale we've been looking for!
    fixed, and we have a thread for that

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    isn't Hitman a Principal?
    Who, me?? No, but I may know one or 2.
    What is it that you need?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Release the Animal is a Principal.I believe Gaggoots is a Principal. BensBigAngle7 is no Principal, as is not mr. GJ&Hamb. That covers it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what happens when you disappear for 3 years at a time. You lose touch with common (or is it c'mon) Hampur parlance.
    HA HA. (Clinton Dix)

Shlub has to sit at another lunch table today! He is not cool!

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
    Here in San Francisco I go to Jewish Vocational Services. They show you how to use a research library, to meet the people important to your job search. They may have data that can help you answer your own questions.

Right now I would hammer out all the questions that I want answered, and put them in a letter. Send it to principals near you. Then follow up with a phone call.

Remember, this is all so you can make an informed decision on your career. Such sincerity will work. good luck.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    HA HA. (Clinton Dix)

I didn't know! I didn't know!

Please let me sit...common...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I just defend FF2? <Crash seen in the lobby spraying himself with industrial strength fire extinguisher>
    Et'tu Brute?

Dude, ya jus broke the mod code.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    HA HA. (Clinton Dix)

The ban trigger finger still works schlep. Keep it up Nancy girl.