Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone You Would Look To Trade Up For in the Top Ten?

Anyone You Would Look To Trade Up For in the Top Ten?

Although I don't expect it at all, if JD Clowney or Sammy Watkins drop a little I would consider trading a lot for them

No one else would really be worth it for me, not even a small trade up....and I would actually prefer to trade down in most scenarios

Anyone you would give up the farm for? Or even someone like a Mike Evans you would target a few spots up? Or stay the course?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Although I don't expect it at all, if JD Clowney or Sammy Watkins drop a little I would consider trading a lot for them

No one else would really be worth it for me, not even a small trade up....and I would actually prefer to trade down in most scenarios

Anyone you would give up the farm for? Or even someone like a Mike Evans you would target a few spots up? Or stay the course?
    I would trade the lower 3rd round pick to move up to 14 to get Evans, that's really it though. Anything higher than that would be too cost prohibitive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I would trade the lower 3rd round pick to move up to 14 to get Evans, that's really it though. Anything higher than that would be too cost prohibitive.
    Agreed

There's no point in even mentioning Watkins.

I could see him going as high as #2 to the Rams and the lowest I can see him falling is #8 to Minnesota.

We need a QB, that is what I would trade up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Agreed

There's no point in even mentioning Watkins.

I could see him going as high as #2 to the Rams and the lowest I can see him falling is #8 to Minnesota.
    I agree but I would trade up to 8 at a fair price for him....he's that good IMO

Mike Evans- giving up an extra 3rd for him wouldn't bother me, but I wouldn't be thrilled....helluva player

Jets Insider VIP

Mike Evans- giving up an extra 3rd for him wouldn't bother me, but I wouldn't be thrilled....helluva player
    To move up to #7 or #8 I think you're talking about giving up a minimum of #18, our 2nd round pick and one of our 3rd's (maybe even both).

I love Watkins, but that's just way too steep of a price.

Hall Of Fame

To get to 8 you would probably have to give up a second and a 4th this year.

No, there is no situation at all where I would trade up in this draft from our spot. None. As a matter of fact I would be enraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    To move up to #7 or #8 I think you're talking about giving up a minimum of #18, our 2nd round pick and one of our 3rd's (maybe even both).

I love Watkins, but that's just way too steep of a price.
    There's always other ways though....future picks, maybe someone like coples, etc

Also, since it's such a deep draft, it might be a market for teams looking to trade up with everyone looking to aquire more picks

All League
    That's my train of thought also. Too get guys like Watkins and Clowney you would have to give up the farm because they're going early. Evans is the only one that makes sense to trade up for and I would have no problem trading down if the right player is not there.

There's always other ways though....future picks, maybe someone like coples, etc

Also, since it's such a deep draft, it might be a market for teams looking to trade up with everyone looking to aquire more picks
    Coples would be a player someone like the Vikings would be interested in!
    Draft picks, all of them are a crapshoot unless your getting Andrew Luck! Coples would be much better in a 4/3 defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Coples would be a player someone like the Vikings would be interested in!
    Draft picks, all of them are a crapshoot unless your getting Andrew Luck! Coples would be much better in a 4/3 defense.
    Players are rarely traded on draft day trades.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No, there is no situation at all where I would trade up in this draft from our spot. None. As a matter of fact I would be enraged.
    Have to agree...
    Everyone is saying how this is the deepest draft in recent history. I think the Pittsburgh GM went on record saying it is the deepest in 30 odd years he has seen.
    I don't think you will see that many trades quite honest.
    We have 8 picks now, with the potential of that going up to 12. We could be getting 3rd or 4th round talent in the 5th-7th rounds. Why trade up for a anyone in this draft?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Have to agree...
    Everyone is saying how this is the deepest draft in recent history. I think the Pittsburgh GM went on record saying it is the deepest in 30 odd years he has seen.
    We have 8 picks now, with the potential of that going up to 12. We could be getting 3rd or 4th round talent in the 5th-7th rounds. Why trade up for a anyone in this draft?
    Because if there is a guy you may covet at a position of desperate need, sometimes you need to give a little to get that player. Who knows how a draft may fall, even in the deepest drafts a 3rd or 4th round pick is no guarantee. If all it takes is giving up the lower 3rd round pick to get a receiver like Evans, then I do that in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Have to agree...
    And if there is that miracle drop of a player like Watkins to the early teens either that team will take him or another team will sell the farm to move up. IMO, even though this sounds like a potentially stupid comment, this is a make it or break it draft for Idzik and Ryan as far as legit superbowl aspirations. Super deep draft, the ability to get impact and tremendous depth players, draft extra deep in areas we are weak and lots of picks.

Because if there is a guy you may covet at a position of desperate need, sometimes you need to give a little to get that player. Who knows how a draft may fall, even in the deepest drafts a 3rd or 4th round pick is no guarantee. If all it takes is giving up the lower 3rd round pick to get a receiver like Evans, then I do that in a second.
    No pick is guaranteed is a reason not to trade up. The Jets have been down this path every year with Tanny. With that 2nd 3rd rounder you are potentially looking at drafting a Matthews, Beckham, Lee in the 1st round and then getting Garapolo, mettenburger, Allen Robinson, one of the CB's in the 3rd. In many drafts one could shrug his shoulders and say, oh it's only a 3rd rounder but not this one.

Don't chase the draft let it come to you when you are rebuilding.

All Pro
    Completely agree.

I would give up a third to jump the Steelers and Ravens if Evans was there at 14. That's as much as I'd do.

I'm in love with him as a prospect -- he's going to be a total stud.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Agree on Evans ... I'd go as high as lower 3rd round to try and swap with the Rams ad 13 or Beard at 14 ... And happily give Dallas our 4th rounder if he's still on the board at 16 ... Otherwise no

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No pick is guaranteed is a reason not to trade up. The Jets have been down this path every year with Tanny. With that 2nd 3rd rounder you are potentially looking at drafting a Matthews, Beckham, Lee in the 1st round and then getting Garapolo, mettenburger, Allen Robinson, one of the CB's in the 3rd. In many drafts one could shrug his shoulders and say, oh it's only a 3rd rounder but not this one.

Don't chase the draft let it come to you when you are rebuilding.
    Again, you do not know how the draft is going to fall. What if you wait it out and Lee goes to Pitt or Baltimore, then what? Lets say you wait until the second to see who falls, and Matthews, Beckham and Cooks all go before 49, which is very likely. Hoping Robinson makes it to the 3rd round? Thats not great strategy IMO. Its easy to say let the draft come to you, but there are no guarantees a guy you like is going to fall to where you pick. I don't advocate trading up very often, but for a 3rd round pick for a guy like Evans I do it in a second.

Again, you do not know how the draft is going to fall. What if you wait it out and Lee goes to Pitt or Baltimore, then what? Lets say you wait until the second to see who falls, and Matthews, Beckham and Cooks all go before 49, which is very likely. Hoping Robinson makes it to the 3rd round? Thats not great strategy IMO. Its easy to say let the draft come to you, but there are no guarantees a guy you like is going to fall to where you pick. I don't advocate trading up very often, but for a 3rd round pick for a guy like Evans I do it in a second.
    As I said you let the draft come to you. If all of the guys you say are gone in the 1st or 2nd or 3rd other excellent players will be on the board. Hey Evans is a nice player, I'd love to have him on the team. If he fell to 18 I'd be happy to take him. I simply am really unsure of how much more value just he is than two players you are going to get by standing pat. We have no idea that for sure teams ahead of us will take him.