Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Stats Of Cooks & Matthews

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,624

    Stats Of Cooks & Matthews

    Below are the stats of Brandin Cooks and Jordan Matthews:


    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot.../brandin-cooks

    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ordan-matthews


    Mixing that with their impressive 40 times is the reason people are excited about them.
    They are the total opposite of Stephen Hill

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,613
    Sign me up with Cooks or Matthews, or both. I would be thrilled with both.

  3. #3
    I'm not familiar with cooks... why was he not in the top WR discussion before?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'm not familiar with cooks... why was he not in the top WR discussion before?
    He's not in the top discussion because the WR class is insanely deep. Cooks is only 5'9" 189 lbs, but he won the Belitnikoff award for best WR in college this year. Before the combine I ranked him as the 8th best WR, but will probably move him up a slot or two now.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    He's not in the top discussion because the WR class is insanely deep. Cooks is only 5'9" 189 lbs, but he won the Belitnikoff award for best WR in college this year. Before the combine I ranked him as the 8th best WR, but will probably move him up a slot or two now.
    Realistically - is he there in the 3rd?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Realistically - is he there in the 3rd?
    With his performance at the combine I doubt it, but anything is possible. Since this WR group is so deep he might be there at our 2nd pick. So we could wind up with Matthews and Cooks which would be awesome.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,124
    I'd rather have neither and take Adams if we're talking round 2 talent. Cause i'll go on record to say neither goes in round 1. Well, maybe Matthews sneaks into late first depending on team needs and the way the board slides.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'm not familiar with cooks... why was he not in the top WR discussion before?
    simple answer is that he's a Small Slot Receiver and the Jets have Kerley who also happens to be their best WR presently at the same position.

    The kid would actually make Kerley useless on the roster, since the Jets are more focus on replacing/ finding a true #1 on the outside .

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    simple answer is that he's a Small Slot Receiver and the Jets have Kerley who also happens to be their best WR presently at the same position.

    The kid would actually make Kerley useless on the roster, since the Jets are more focus on replacing/ finding a true #1 on the outside .
    Saying that kerley would be useless is a really drastic overstatement.

    Of course I want a taller WR who can fight for the ball in traffic, however, you only need to look at MM's past with the Eagles to see that he prefers speed over size at the WR position.

    In 2010, 2011, and 2012, the Eagles top WRs were Maclin (6'0), Jason Avant (6'0) and Desean (5'10). That right there should tell you that its not ridiculous to think we will look at a WR like Cook or Lee to team with kerley.

    Also, we cant forget that David Nelson is 6'5 and while not spectacular, is a servicable, big WR.

    I think it would be tough to pair Cook at 5'9-5'10 with kerley also at 5'9 but certainly not impossible.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Saying that kerley would be useless is a really drastic overstatement.

    Of course I want a taller WR who can fight for the ball in traffic, however, you only need to look at MM's past with the Eagles to see that he prefers speed over size at the WR position.

    In 2010, 2011, and 2012, the Eagles top WRs were Maclin (6'0), Jason Avant (6'0) and Desean (5'10). That right there should tell you that its not ridiculous to think we will look at a WR like Cook or Lee to team with kerley.

    Also, we cant forget that David Nelson is 6'5 and while not spectacular, is a servicable, big WR.

    I think it would be tough to pair Cook at 5'9-5'10 with kerley also at 5'9 but certainly not impossible.
    If we drafted Cooks and teamed him with say a Moncrief and Nelson and Hill, what would we need with Kerley at his salary ? The kid is presently the best Receiver on the roster so you gotta give him a decent salary.

  11. #11
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    3,990
    I'm just not a fan of Matthews. He put up some surprising numbers yesterday...didn't think he would clock that fast. I've seen a few Vandy games this year and it just doesn't seem like that speed transfers to the playing field.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,120
    I want to see who goes in picks 1 thru 17 for Cooks or Matthews to even be in consideration for the 18th pick overall. Both are nice prospects, but both would be pretty bad reaches at 18 IMO.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    If we drafted Cooks and teamed him with say a Moncrief and Nelson and Hill, what would we need with Kerley at his salary ? The kid is presently the best Receiver on the roster so you gotta give him a decent salary.
    I dont understand why you want to draft WRs and replace kerley? Kerley has been nothing short of spectacular - Given the QB play that this team has had. He has good hands, can play inside and outside, and has no off the field problems. If he had even decent QB play for one season of his career, he would be an 90 catch player.

    My point is/was that cooks, kerley and nelson could be our top 3, with hill as our 4 (for one more year) and then have a player like abberderis or josh huff as the 5th WR in 2014. That WR group, along with an upgrade at TE, would help the offense significantly.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I dont understand why you want to draft WRs and replace kerley? Kerley has been nothing short of spectacular - Given the QB play that this team has had. He has good hands, can play inside and outside, and has no off the field problems. If he had even decent QB play for one season of his career, he would be an 90 catch player.

    My point is/was that cooks, kerley and nelson could be our top 3, with hill as our 4 (for one more year) and then have a player like abberderis or josh huff as the 5th WR in 2014. That WR group, along with an upgrade at TE, would help the offense significantly.
    I didn't say I wanted to replace Kerley. I said if we took Cooks, it would make Kerley useless . We as fans get to attached to players and for the most part, so does our front office. The object should be to always improve the team over what you had that didn't win the championship. If Kerley is the Best receiver on the team, and you have a player at his position that's much better, then what's the problem. Maybe if you take Cooks, someone will offer you a pick for Kerley.

    We got Sanchez, so we believe we're set at QB and never take any prospect to develop with better tools until It's too late. Now we got Smith and we should ignore a player like Carr if he falls to 18.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    simple answer is that he's a Small Slot Receiver and the Jets have Kerley who also happens to be their best WR presently at the same position.

    The kid would actually make Kerley useless on the roster, since the Jets are more focus on replacing/ finding a true #1 on the outside .
    I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Just because Cooks is 5'10" that doesn't necessarily make him a slot guy. He's an outside receiver and would have no bearing on Kerley going forward.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I didn't say I wanted to replace Kerley. I said if we took Cooks, it would make Kerley useless . We as fans get to attached to players and for the most part, so does our front office. The object should be to always improve the team over what you had that didn't win the championship. If Kerley is the Best receiver on the team, and you have a player at his position that's much better, then what's the problem. Maybe if you take Cooks, someone will offer you a pick for Kerley.

    We got Sanchez, so we believe we're set at QB and never take any prospect to develop with better tools until It's too late. Now we got Smith and we should ignore a player like Carr if he falls to 18.
    That statement makes absolutely zero sense.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Just because Cooks is 5'10" that doesn't necessarily make him a slot guy. He's an outside receiver and would have no bearing on Kerley going forward.
    Your Opinion which you are entitle too. On my team, he's a slot receiver playing the same position as Kerley. I am not paying Kerley the type of Money I will have too and not have him be a starter. On my team, Kerley is a much better slot receiver than an outside WR. The same situation exist IMO for Cooks. My tyoe of Outside WR is Hill, Nelson, Jordan Mathews, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief.

    Guys like Kerley and cooks can play on the outside, but their abilities are maximized when you put them inside and put them in motion.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Cooks reminds me of Santana Moss. Watching this guy in and out of his cuts and he is absolute lightning. He could play the role that Holmes played in 2010. With a potential of adding Maclin and drafting perhaps two of Beckham, Lee, Cooks, Adams, Mathews really elevates the weakest area on the team (perhaps the worst WR corp in the league) and turning it into a strength for the long term.

  19. #19
    This is the year that we will look back and say thanks to the 2014 draft when we got our WR's. I think we will finally hit on a couple bigtimers this year. I would be ecstatic if they can land Watkins or Evans

  20. #20
    I wasn't a big fan of Matthew's until I watched 4-5 games, he's pretty much the most complete WR in this class.
    He's got size, speed, hands and runs good routes. He's the nephew of Jerry Rice and has some similarities to his game.

    I think he's going to be a real good pro... Maybe the best in this class.

    Cook is explosive, like him too... But the Jets could use a WR with some size.

    There's like 10 really good WR prospects in this class and someone very good is going to be there for the Jets in rd. 2.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us