Thread: Brandon Browner

Brandon Browner

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...andon-browner/

I bet I have already guessed what a majority of responses will be for suggesting this

"no way, total liability, headcase, suspension waiting to happen, yadda yadda yadda."

Still I have to say the idea that BB is going to become a free agent intrigues me, loved his play before the suspensions, should we take a look?

Unless he goes to safety or the Jets don't keep Cro other than that I'd say pass

I say add it to the Non Jets free agent sticky thread haha. Ever since it got sticky'd I've been the only one to post in it.

30 year old oversized corner with several red flags who excels at holding and interfering with receivers instead of being a true cover corner. Not interested. At all.

Hall Of Fame
    In a heartbeat. Probably wont cost much either.

Browner is just not good enough. That team got better after he was suspended because Maxwell is the better player.

One or even two year deal at the league minimum I'd be fine with. You can buy very low on Browner right now because of the suspension. Considering he was better than Cro last year he'd be a bargain depth/long-term move.

Hall Of Fame
    I would say 4 games. He was suspended for pot, not hardcore PEDs. For better or worse I think the league will be more lenient with pot going forward.

CB Brandon Browner has been reinstated by the NFL.

He is now a free agent so maybe the Jets might be in on this because there are ties with Idzik. Browner is a solid CB and would fit well opposite Milliner. Thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    He is still going to be suspended this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He is still going to be suspended this season.
    4 games I would think he's 6'4 223 pounds and made the Pro Bowl as a rookie when he was 27??

I like his physicality (is that a word?). I am a little suspicious of Seattle with PEDs, but if it can be discovered that he is clean I would say STB. Wasn't his suspension for marijuana?

Quote Originally Posted by Eversteady View Post
    I like his physicality (is that a word?). I am a little suspicious of Seattle with PEDs, but if it can be discovered that he is clean I would say STB. Wasn't his suspension for marijuana?
    You can buy low on Browner right now and he would immediately be an upgrade over Cro. 2 year deal at cheap money.

I am skeptical of Seattle's corners. They had a ridiculous pass rush. A baestly safety taking away the middle of the field and a freak safety playing center field. Rex would put way more stress on him with man to man coverage. Not sold on his ability to do this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by killu4what View Post
    I am skeptical of Seattle's corners. They had a ridiculous pass rush. A baestly safety taking away the middle of the field and a freak safety playing center field. Rex would put way more stress on him with man to man coverage. Not sold on his ability to do this.

Great pass rush + Great Press Coverage (aka defensive holding / pass interference which is not allowed after 5 yards I think) = Best Pass defense. And the Seahawks corners were holding and pass interfering after 5 yards as well, look at how often they got flagged and even worse look at how often they get away with it.

None of their corners will play half as good in a different system.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    30 year old oversized corner with several red flags who excels at holding and interfering with receivers instead of being a true cover corner. Not interested. At all.
    Sounds to me like another Cromartie clone!

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Sounds to me like another Cromartie clone!
    Cro can cover though and hes a Natural corner

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by killu4what View Post

Browner can play.