Thread: kareem martin DE/OLB

kareem martin DE/OLB

a little surprised his combine numbers went under the radar, I know he's got a few question marks but this kid has got tremendous upside. here's the combine results copied from the waldo formula page at FF:

Name School Ht. Wt. Arm L. Hand L. 40 (1st Att) 10 Yd. 40 (2nd Att) 40 (Official) Bench Vert Broad 3 Cone
    Martin, Kareem North Carlina 6.5 272 35 10 4.72 1.53 4.68 4.72 22 35.5 10.75 7.2

what immediately jumped out to me was the 1.53 10 yard split. that's absurd for a guy at 272... that number beats out clowney who did a 1.56 and is the same as sammy watkins. if rex thinks he can work with this kid I'm all about taking him in the 3rd if he lasts that long
    Last edited by cant wait; 03-05-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    a little surprised his combine numbers went under the radar, I know he's got a few question marks but this kid has got tremendous upside. here's the combine results copied from the waldo formula page at FF:

Name School Ht. Wt. Arm L. Hand L. 40 (1st Att) 10 Yd. 40 (2nd Att) 40 (Official) Bench Vert Broad 3 Cone
    Martin, Kareem North Carlina 6.5 272 35 10 4.72 1.53 4.68 4.72 22 35.5 10.75 7.2

what immediately jumped out to me was the 1.53 10 yard split. that's absurd for a guy at 272... that number beats out clowney who did a 1.56 and is the same as sammy watkins. if rex thinks he can work with this kid I'm all about taking him in the 3rd if he lasts that long
    Very explosive dude, like a viper. Need to see some game tape of him...

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Very explosive dude, like a viper. Need to see some game tape of him...
    http://draftbreakdown.com/video/kare...vs-miami-2013/

I like him a lot. A few weeks ago I watched some NC game film and noticed he made more plays and just seemed to be more active when he did NOT have his hand in the dirt. I believe he has the size and athleticism Rex likes for his OLB/DE hybrids.

Very slow three cone. Not a fan

One of our posters on here that follows the college team he played for called him a lazy unmotivated player (or words to that effect) in a thread the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Very slow three cone. Not a fan
    When you have elite explosiveness a 7.2 3-cone isn't a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    One of our posters on here that follows the college team he played for called him a lazy unmotivated player (or words to that effect) in a thread the other day.
    From what I've read he's been inconsistent hence the 3rd round grade. That was the knock on coples coming out of unc as well, interested to hear what he thought of him as well

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    From what I've read he's been inconsistent hence the 3rd round grade. That was the knock on coples coming out of unc as well, interested to hear what he thought of him as well
    He actually compared the guy to coples if I recall.

I think he takes plays off and loses interest, but watch the Cincy highlights starting at 2:12 below. Once Cincy is backed up to their goal line, the kid smells blood. He gets a good push from the LDE and partially blocks a pass; then he gets a strong rush from the same spot and hits the QB in the teeth right at the goal line just as he releases an incomplete pass; then he lines up standing at the RDT spot and bullrushes to a safety.

If someone can motivate this kid (Rex?) he could be a very good pro.