Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex at Clemson Pro Day...

Rex at Clemson Pro Day...

Before you all lose your minds im NOT in favor of trading up AT ALL. Would much rather sit on all 12 picks and add much needed depth.

With that said could they be considering trading up? They're obviously desperate for offensive weapons and Watkins is clearly the best weapon in the draft.

Is there any defensive prospects coming out of clemson he might be checking out? Truthfully would probably find it more interesting if MM was there instead of Rex.

Again not a fan of the move, but im wondering if they might be considering it like the Falcons did a few years back for Julio Jones.

So im not asking if you want to because I know the majority of us would say no, but do you think theyre considering it?

Veteran
    i'd imagine he's looking at Watkins, Bryant and Tahj Boyd.

Hall Of Fame
    Idzik and Bradway are there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    People familiar with pro days and how teams operate them, is this unusual? I dont think those 3 guys would be there to check out Bryant or Boyd.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i'd imagine he's looking at Watkins, Bryant and Tahj Boyd.
    Could very well be true. Any defensive prospects? Just find it interesting that last year only MM was at Genos Pro day. Does rex waste his time scouting offense? haha.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    People familiar with pro days and how teams operate them, is this unusual? I dont think those 3 guys would be there to check out Bryant or Boyd.
    Not if there are players they are very interested in.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Could very well be true. Any defensive prospects? Just find it interesting that last year only MM was at Genos Pro day. Does rex waste his time scouting offense? haha.
    His son goes to Clemson.

Not if there are players they are very interested in.
    Thats pretty much what im getting at. It has to be Watkins no? Would those 3 attend if they were scouting someone they were very interested in but in later rounds? Just seems strange. Maybe theyre just doing their due diligence.

His son goes to Clemson.
    Yeah I know its more the absence of MM more than the presence of Rex that is throwing me off.

Bashaud Breeland - CB
    Martavis Bryant - WR
    Brandon Thomas - OG
    Tajh Boyd - QB
    Spencer Shuey - OLB

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Bashaud Breeland - CB
    Martavis Bryant - WR
    Brandon Thomas - OG
    Tajh Boyd - QB
    Spencer Shuey - OLB
    Thanks for the info.

due diligence, smoke screen, both, neither - it's draft season. all three might show up at U Albany's workout too. of course the Jets are interested in Watkins. they'd be stupid not to be. it doesn't mean they have some master plan to trade up for him. they've gotta get to know a guy that, who knows, might slip just far enough to decided to move up for or - god forbid - might become an enemy in a rival uniform very soon.

not to mention a couple of mid-round prospects there as well i.e. breeland, thomas, bryant, boyd, and shuey as Beerfish noted.

As well they should be. There aren't many schools that produce the amount of talent on a year to year basis as Clemson.

Isnt there a clemson DB too?

rex must be checking out defensive guys. can't see him fawning over a wr.

didn't MM attend geno's pro day last year? he's one to watch...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Bashaud Breeland - CB
    Martavis Bryant - WR
    Brandon Thomas - OG
    Tajh Boyd - QB
    Spencer Shuey - OLB
    - I could see the Jets being interested in any of the guys in bold.

Bryant has a great size/speed combo, Breeland is a good mid-range CB talent, and Thomas could be a mid-round prospect at OG.

Boyd is slipping and has his issues, but Rex has spoken very highly of him in the past - so I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets took a late flier on him as a developmental QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Isnt there a clemson DB too?
    Breeland, CB

Martavis has been doing some serious work in weight room. His upper body is much improved. Kid looks solid.

All League
    Charter JI Member

His son goes to Clemson.
    I suspect this has a lot to do with it. Goes to scout and gets a chance to see his kid. Two birds...one stone....

Breeland, CB

Martavis has been doing some serious work in weight room. His upper body is much improved. Kid looks solid.
    Does Bryant last till 3rd, where hopefully we have 2 picks, one very high?

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I suspect this has a lot to do with it. Goes to scout and gets a chance to see his kid. Two birds...one stone....
    Yeah it makes a lot of sense why Rex is there. Just found it somewhat unusual that Bradway and Idzik are also.