Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Alert : Snowstorm risk increasing for Sunday night - Monday March 16 - 17

Yes the models have shifted the precip shield south as I was concerned with the polar vortex being stretched to the north... though the situation is still flexible, needs to be watched.

Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Cookie, what's the updated news for Monday? My Irish ass needs to get its drink on. Will I be doing it out dodging flurries, or in the confines of my own home during a major snowstorm.
    Right now mostly clouds skies if the new models are right which they might be. However there is still room for a jump back north.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analy...n_frzn_us.html
    New model with 00z sounding data though not very reliable says snow is very close to nyc. Air is plenty cold BLUE IS SNOW.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analy...n_frzn_us.html
    New model with 00z sounding data though not very reliable says snow is very close to nyc. Air is plenty cold BLUE IS SNOW.
    Keep it south!!

It's worth noting the models which interpret variables in the atmosphere.... usually experience shifts at day 5 and day 2 and beyond that are changeable run to run. This was the day 2 shift.... however a small trend 50 miles north would bring accumalating snow back into nyc with high snow ratios that would not require a ton of liquid to accumalate.

To the people saying this event is like March 3 aka Lee Goldberg are wrong. The main player back then was also a polar vortex which kept us dry, which is true. The issue here is the polar vortex is moving away while the storm is moving in...so any slight deviation in slowing down precip and or faster movement of pv would result in precip moving more north. The sfc low track in this case is not gona go more north than cape hatteras due to sw - ne flow.

Right now mostly clouds skies if the new models are right which they might be. However there is still room for a jump back north.
    You rock...

Jets Insider VIP
    I warned people after this system which I predicted wrongly that another system was imminent on the models right behind it. Right now snowstorm risk increasing from 30% to 50 %. Models are forecasting a rather similar set - up to the past storm but... polar vortex is further south allowing more cold air. Right now accumalating snow is likely at least 3 inches. That is based on the avg of all the models with the Gfs being ots and the Canadian and Euro showing snow. Only hesitation is the ots on the Gfs, but that is looking less likely with the Nam jumping on board.
    Sorry, I haven't read all 87 posts, but are you guys in the northeast getting another snowstorm? Is that what this is all about?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Sorry, I haven't read all 87 posts, but are you guys in the northeast getting another snowstorm? Is that what this is all about?
    Who the fcuk knows. This boob is all over the radar (so to speak) as always.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

To the people saying this event is like March 3 aka Lee Goldberg are wrong. The main player back then was also a polar vortex which kept us dry, which is true. The issue here is the polar vortex is moving away while the storm is moving in...so any slight deviation in slowing down precip and or faster movement of pv would result in precip moving more north. The sfc low track in this case is not gona go more north than cape hatteras due to sw - ne flow.
    Common man. You're about to be batting 1-4. People are starting to talk about you and not in the good way. If there's no snow on Monday, you might be going to the Business Networking Forum.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Common man. You're about to be batting 1-4. People are starting to talk about you and not in the good way. If there's no snow on Monday, you might be going to the Business Networking Forum.
    Was already demoted to the Hampur.

That should have been a warning right there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    He owns ACME plaztic shovel co., the shovels the imbeciles that run to Home Depot the night before the "storm" come and buy in a panic because after 35 years and 82 storms they just realized they dont have a shovel because Lonnie QUinn rolled his sleeves up and is running around on the roof yelling.

-

So the new models might be right you say?

Coating - 2 inches for Si/Brooklyn south final call. Good to go for Parade in Manhattan or the mass if your going.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't care what you or anyone else says about me. I just ignore that bs and move onto the next forecast.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't care what you or anyone else says about me. I just ignore that bs and move onto the next forecast.
    you know - you may be more welcomed among your own -

http://www.talkweather.com/forums/in...er-discussion/

nj.jpg

Final call snow map in line with the Gfs model which has been performing extremely well.

Long range thoughts... following this system we should see a warm up through mid - late week with seasonal temps likely. Then another cold spell March 24 - March 28 timeframe...and then I think winter will probably relent.

Is snow risk over finally after tomorrow??? No there is a risk in the march 24 - 28 timeframe. http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/CMCNA_12z/test8.gif

Just like the past few threats the POlar Vortex is back,yay!! This plus an amplified west ridge suggest at least a potential snow event. We will have to moniter this event as time frame nears, and I will play it safe and not go as aggressive even if models agree.