Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: DRC **merged** <meeting with Jets & Giants>

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

DRC **merged** <meeting with Jets & Giants>

Whats the story with Dominique Rogers Cromartie?

He is young, talented and most of all 6'2. Yet he drew little interest last year as a FA and signed a 1 year deal with denver, but by all accounts was a top 10 CB. He can also play man coverage.

Now he also had bad years in phila, but that was when they had an Oline coach as their coordinator and the entire defense was a mess. Any idea why we arent looking at this guy?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy has already contemplated retirement and he had a few really disappointing seasons before bouncing back in Denver last year.

I'd rather sign Munnerlyn or bring back Cromartie (or both).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The guy has already contemplated retirement and he had a few really disappointing seasons before bouncing back in Denver last year.

What about Munnerlyn and Finnigan? That would be my ideal scenario given whats left

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    What about Munnerlyn and Finnigan? That would be my ideal scenario given whats left
    Supposedly Finnegan has totally fallen off a cliff since he went to St. Louis

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

This would work for me -- Munnerlyn and Cro.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The retirement comment was poor (and ridiculous considering his age, health and income potential) but even if he did retire, he comes off the books (use roster bonuses instead of signing bonuses).

Munnerlyn is good but small, 5'9 I believe.

Finnegan really had a poor year last season and is too old

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    DRC always had the physical talent...back to the same cliche, Rex can coach defense and you would like to think that he can help DRC maximize his abilities

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    DRC was very good in coverage last year, but shied away from making the big hits on run plays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paule View Post
    DRC was very good in coverage last year, but shied away from making the big hits on run plays.
    DRC has always been known as a guy who won't/can't tackle.

Another good aspect of adding someone like Munnerlyn is that we'd be adding a corner who can tackle. Wilson and Cromartie were never really good tacklers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Munnerlyn more suited as a nickle corner?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Him saying he was going to retire had to hurt his stock. But he was a top 5 CB last year and did good in Philly his final season there. I would keep a close eye on the situation, if his price drops I think the Jets should sign him. He would thrive in Rex's system. Munnerlyn would be a good nickel CB in this system.

I would be for bringin Antonio Cromartie back at a reduce rate plus adding Munnerlyn.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Whats the story with Dominique Rogers Cromartie?

He is young, talented and most of all 6'2. Yet he drew little interest last year as a FA and signed a 1 year deal with denver, but by all accounts was a top 10 CB. He can also play man coverage.

Now he also had bad years in phila, but that was when they had an Oline coach as their coordinator and the entire defense was a mess. Any idea why we arent looking at this guy?
    This the guy we need for our team. Captain is just what we need, another nickel corner! DRC should be our guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    inconsistent. There have been times he's looked like he's "all world" and other times he's been carved up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    This the guy we need for our team. Captain is just what we need, another nickel corner! DRC should be our guy.
    Completely agree. His career is very similar to A. Cromartie's prior to joing the jets. (With the exception of playing on 3 teams) Has the size, talent and speed. Needs someone to help him with the skills. They did a great job with A Cro, I would definitely give him a shot. He can be had on the relative cheap too

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Talib signing simultaneously drove down Revis' price and drove up DRC's. He's not worth what he'd want.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If DRC's name even came up, I think our new WR. could give Idzik a pretty good scouting report.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should be our number 1 target, hes going to come at a bargain.

Tall, long arms, 4.2 speed, young and was elite last year in the same class as revis/talib(top 5 Cb's). Played number 1 Wr's all year and his team was ahead so he actually was tested.

With all of the cap room we can easily make his contract pay as u go. Not a drug user, not a partyer, not a loud mouth. made one stupid comment. Should be our number 1 target right now as Rex has the ability to make a good corner great.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    The Talib signing simultaneously drove down Revis' price and drove up DRC's. He's not worth what he'd want.
    How do you do the math on that one? DRC would probably be paid less than Verner's contract. He is a legit corner to start on the outide. Guy was great on Ariz. Sucked on Philly with a DC that was an o-line coach. Looked good last year. Broncos pulled his deal off the table that is said to be at 5.25mill a year. Thats not reasonable for a 27 year old corner with legit size and speed?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    inconsistent. There have been times he's looked like he's "all world" and other times he's been carved up.
    Carved up when he was playing for an O-Line coach and the eagles had the worst d in football.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    How do you do the math on that one? DRC would probably be paid less than Verner's contract. He is a legit corner to start on the outide. Guy was great on Ariz. Sucked on Philly with a DC that was an o-line coach. Looked good last year. Broncos pulled his deal off the table that is said to be at 5.25mill a year. Thats not reasonable for a 27 year old corner with legit size and speed?
    I'm simply parroting what Kirwan said last night, as a Jets fan actually called in and asked him what he thought the price would be. He said he projects to be paid more than Verner because he can cover larger WR's.