Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: DRC **merged** <meeting with Jets & Giants>

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Looking at some coverage stats

DRC - Thrown at 85 times, 40 catches allowed, 565 yards allowed, 4 td's allowed

comparing with some other guys

A. Cromartie - Thrown at 92 times, 49 catches allowed, 937 yards allowed, 7 td's allowed

V. Davis - Thrown at 98 times, 53 catches allowed, 657 yards allowed, 8 td's allowed

DRC numbers are even more impressive when you realize Denver was usually way ahead and teams had to throw a ton to try and catch up
    I"m not sure I agree with the last statement. When teams are down, defenses are far more likely to be able to attack the QB and get a rush on, that benefits the CBs greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I"m not sure I agree with the last statement. When teams are down, defenses are far more likely to be able to attack the QB and get a rush on, that benefits the CBs greatly.
    Darrelle Revis is licking his chops.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    According to Newsday, DRC not meeting with Jets until tomorrow

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ants-1.7397547
    He's probably flying into NY tonight, staying at a hotel, and visiting with the Jets tomorrow, when Idzik gets back into town. That's what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He's probably flying into NY tonight, staying at a hotel, and visiting with the Jets tomorrow, when Idzik gets back into town. That's what I'm thinking.
    Now that's a plan

I like this guys talent but I've been remembering tom nutten all week for some reason and that scares me. For those who might not recall nutten he was an og the jets signed when herm and Broadway were here. A few weeks later he retired.

The Jets need to sign him, we need another CB for this defense. Can't let the Giants get him. He would fit great in this defense. 6'2 and runs a 4.3, can hold up in the man 2 man coverage. If we get him then CB is done with, we can focus on other areas.

Hall Of Fame
    How old is he? Why was he talking about retiring, concussions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    He's 27 and his love of football is questionable.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    What?! Well I don't like the sound of that! Maybe Rex can light a fire under his ass. Why in the hell would you want to play for the Giants if that's the case?!

Undrafted Free Agent
    I'm sure its been talked about- but the rumored deal he turned down from the Broncos was pretty hefty.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why in the hell would you want to play for the Giants if that's the case?!
    Interesting point ... I hope Rex uses that in their discussions ... Turn uncertain desire for the game to our advantage

Hopefully they are taking care of him NY style while he is waiting. If we don't land him I don't see many other options. I hope we can close the deal.

If DRC comes to Florham Park to meet with the Jets...then serious contract talks will be taking place for sure.

I've been advocating DRC ever since both Davis/Verner signed with other teams. PFF graded him as #5 best corner in 2013. He has very good speed and coverage skills. And at 27 y.o., he still can play at a very high level for at least 2-3 more years.

When another team's FA visits the Jets...it's like going into a roach motel. They never come out...unless they sign a contract. Rex will be charming DRC in his most impressive NYJ sweats and a contract will get signed.

Anyways...I'm hoping that's how it will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Interesting point ... I hope Rex uses that in their discussions ... Turn uncertain desire for the game to our advantage
    "Let me help rediscover the passion". eh? Interesting

All League
    I'm sure his cousin will vouch for what it's like playing for Rex and being a Jet. .....Cro really thrived and got his sht together while he was here

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yeah I think it's very critical that DRC is signed. Idzik needs to let up here a bit. We can't go into the draft with just milliner as a starter. Especially when our division rivals have already strengthened their secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Yeah I think it's very critical that DRC is signed. Idzik needs to let up here a bit. We can't go into the draft with just milliner as a starter. Especially when our division rivals have already strengthened their secondary.
    Their secondary, yes. Their offense.... not so much. Eric Decker is the only offensive skill position player signed by any team in the AFC East. I'd argue that every team in the AFC East (even the Pats) have a severe skill position weakness.

Jets Insider VIP
    If we sign DRC then there's an easy case to be made that Idzik has upgraded 3 of 22 starting positions (WR, CB, RT) during this free agency period, with depth and other signings still possible (including TE and WR). I'd be really happy to see us sign DRC.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I didn't see this thread, I started a new one because he was visiting the Jets tonight.
    Was it really necessary to merge the threads? Having to navigate 17 pages to find out that he's visiting is crazy. Maybe the title could at least reflect the latest update if it needs to be thrown in with other old threads?

I love JI, on a daily basis its where I go for my Jets and NFL news but between some of the merges and that clusterf*ck of an offseason news thread, its impossible to find out any news on free agency, signings, and players still available without reading through a 100+ pages of a mess.