Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: DRC **merged** <meeting with Jets & Giants>

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubz View Post
    Was it really necessary to merge the threads? Having to navigate 17 pages to find out that he's visiting is crazy. Maybe the title could at least reflect the latest update if it needs to be thrown in with other old threads?

I love JI, on a daily basis its where I go for my Jets and NFL news but between some of the merges and that clusterf*ck of an offseason news thread, its impossible to find out any news on free agency, signings, and players still available without reading through a 100+ pages of a mess.
    I'm with you on the title, I'd support changing it to make it more informative (i.e. adding that he's coming in for a visit), but I think we need the merge to a degree. It keeps repeat conversations to a minimum and helps make sure that different people aren't using different threads to have the same conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    There's not any scheme where this guy is better than Verner.

False.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubz View Post
    Was it really necessary to merge the threads? Having to navigate 17 pages to find out that he's visiting is crazy. Maybe the title could at least reflect the latest update if it needs to be thrown in with other old threads?

I love JI, on a daily basis its where I go for my Jets and NFL news but between some of the merges and that clusterf*ck of an offseason news thread, its impossible to find out any news on free agency, signings, and players still available without reading through a 100+ pages of a mess.
    I agree on the thread title, but when it comes to merging threads JI is a lot better than almost any site I've been on. Some message boards make 1 thread to discuss anything about player x, so if you wanna read for example about Cro being released you have hundreds of pages to go through dating sometimes months back.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

My bad, when I merged I just assumed everyone already knew he was meeting with the Jets. I should've realized many come here for news first.

Fixed the title

Veteran
    I thin jets need to not over pay for either of the cro's and draft a good safety like HaHa to cover up the weakness at safety. I do feel though haha will go a lot higher than predicted.

Is CroJR signed yet? Let's go

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Is CroJR signed yet? Let's go
    Yes, let's. How was dinner at Root's? Did he have the filet? Did Rex wear a Jet windbreaker. C'mon, let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Yes, let's. How was dinner at Root's? Did he have the filet? Did Rex wear a Jet windbreaker. C'mon, let's go!
    Newsday said that he just flew in last night and is meeting with the Jets today.

Here's our favorite:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 2m

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie visiting Jets today. I'm told Rex Ryan's head may explode if #NYJ doesn't sign him. Figuratively, of course.

Actually this furthers the point that the Giants meeting was just a negotiating ploy
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 03-15-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Newsday said that he just flew in last night and is meeting with the Jets today
    makes sense since idzik was at amaro's pro day. seems the jets are very interested in him, but i can't see them taking him at 18. makes me wonder if they're thinking of either trading back in the first and taking amaro, or trading up the 2nd. i can see them doing both, taking amaro in the first, and then taking a wr in the 2nd.

All League
    Newsday said that he just flew in last night and is meeting with the Jets today.

Here's our favorite:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 2m

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie visiting Jets today. I'm told Rex Ryan's head may explode if #NYJ doesn't sign him. Figuratively, of course.

Actually this furthers the point that the Giants meeting was just a negotiating ploy
    Yeah I agree......I read somewhere he will meet with the Jets today and the Giants "later in the weekend". Almost sure it's just a negotiation ploy.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    makes sense since idzik was at amaro's pro day. seems the jets are very interested in him, but i can't see them taking him at 18. makes me wonder if they're thinking of either trading back in the first and taking amaro, or trading up the 2nd. i can see them doing both, taking amaro in the first, and then taking a wr in the 2nd.
    Carolina could use a CB. How about moving back to the 27th pick, and picking up their 3rd and 5th? Amaro with the 27th is good for me.

Must say it has to feel good seeing the Jets looking at offensive players.

But watch out for Kyle Van Noy, OLB, out of BYU. The Jets had a scout at BYU's pro day. Not the greatest athlete but simply makes plays.

Speaking of offensive weapons. Just as a bit of a parlayance.

@RichCimini:Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg attended WR Brandin Cooks pro day yesterday (Oregon State).#Jets have been "all over him,"per source."

Decker is our Big target. Now we need a speed target. Lee and/or Cooks fit the bill

Must say it has to feel good seeing the Jets looking at offensive players.

But watch out for Kyle Van Noy, OLB, out of BYU. The Jets had a scout at BYU's pro day. Not the greatest athlete but simply makes plays.
    but idzik attended jace's pro day. that has to say something. now, i can't see them taking him at 18. and MM gushed at geno's pro day last year. so cooks is in the mix too, and they were all over lee as well at his pro day. definitely doing their homework on these guys.

Talking are we looking ar jace amaro...?

= I was thinking the same thing... Jets could get both Amaro and a WR like Odell Beckham if they made some trade
    backs. Could backfire of course. But we are fortunate that Marquise Lee, and Odell and some other studs we need are within our range. Like to see us get a safety with some speed and power soon, tho.
    Last edited by Seagirt; 03-15-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spell check

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    = I was thinking the same thing... Jets could het both Amaro and a WR like Odell Beckham is they made some trade
    backs. could backfire of course. but we are fortunate that Marquise Lee, and Odell and some other studs we need are within our range. Like to see us get a safety with some speed and power soon, tho.
    Also helps that some teams IE Lions and Ravens are signing WRs now which lessens the possibility of them drafting one.

As for safety, the name to look for is Calvin Pryor out of Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    = I was thinking the same thing... Jets could het both Amaro and a WR like Odell Beckham is they made some trade
    backs. could backfire of course. but we are fortunate that Marquise Lee, and Odell and some other studs we need are within our range. Like to see us get a safety with some speed and power soon, tho.
    they're clearly trying to upgrade the position. but moving back 10 spots or so may be too risky. i'm thinking they stay put at 18 and take a wr, and then on the 2nd day they see if there's anyone worth moving up for. if amaro falls into the 2nd i could see the jets moving up 8-10 spots to get him.

they're clearly trying to upgrade the position. but moving back 10 spots or so may be too risky. i'm thinking they stay put at 18 and take a wr, and then on the 2nd day they see if there's anyone worth moving up for. if amaro falls into the 2nd i could see the jets moving up 8-10 spots to get him.
    Amaro looked terrible at the combine. I think he will drop to our natural 2nd.

I don't want any part of him. When I say he was terrible, I'm not talking about his 40 time or anything. He literally looked disinterested and dumb. Didn't follow instruction, looked like he wasn't giving full effort. More of a character thing which translated to really poor routes and catching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look I'm all for conversation, but 3+ pages (literally) talking about steakhouses on Long Island, and now breaking tweets about Brandin Cooks and whether we should trade down for amaro, it's too much. Merging is great but maybe we should just start a new thread from scratch if DRC signs/every once in a while just to make it easier to navigate.

Not trying to yell at people or whine or whatever, just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    My bad, when I merged I just assumed everyone already knew he was meeting with the Jets. I should've realized many come here for news first.

Fixed the title
    So you're saying teh Mods suck?