Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: DRC **merged** <meeting with Jets & Giants>

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not saying they will do it, just given the number of picks, where we pick, if they see a player hanging in a spot they can swap into, I wouldn't be shocked. We have one draft year with Idzik, no one knows what he is or isn't at this point.
    Yeah, it'll really hinge on the next 8 weeks and who is still on the board, presumably from position 10 on in the draft...

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I can't see us trading up. I'd be shocked. Although, if Watkins somehow drops towards 10 or so I'd really be salivating.
    Evans > Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I can't see us trading up. I'd be shocked. Although, if Watkins somehow drops towards 10 or so I'd really be salivating.
    We need all the draft picks to fill the increasing amount of holes we have. Oh Sanders signed with the Broncos.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by requiem View Post
    Evans > Watkins
    That's funny.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    It's either one extreme or the other on here.

Tanny did not really give out bad contracts - he gave out contracts to bad players. Case in point - the Sanchez, Holmes, and Cro deals he made were all team friendly to get out of out of a few seasons - we've already gained $17M from cutting Holmes and Cro, and will gain a lot more cap space by cutting Sanchez. These were not bad contracts if the players performed at a high level. His downfall was the players didn't reach that level. A 'bad' contract would leave us unable to cut any of those players without suffering massive cap hits. We are not in that position.

As for Idzik, even as I've been on board with being patient, some of the lack of moves can be frustrating. I will continue to believe that he thought he had Vontae Davis locked up. I get that Verner was not a good fit, and that he wanted no part of Revis. But I think there's some justification to a few of the rants on here about using your cap space. The Jets are in a great cap position, and some of the contracts being given out to CBs (and OGs) have been reasonable. While I'm not going to get pissy over DRC or any specific player, it is a bit concerning that the Jets have stood by at some positions. Yes, FA and the off season has only just begun, and while I like what he accomplished in the Howard and Decker situations, the Jets still have massive holes, and have the means to fill them.
    Great post!

All Pro
    Evans > Watkins
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That's funny.
    Im amazed you guys think watkins is a 100% riskless, superstar in waiting.

I like him a lot as a receiver, great hands, speed, etc - but a big part of his hype is that he went ballistic in his last game. Well the truth is that jared abberdis, a good but not great prospect, shredded that same defense for 200 yards.

Im not saying that watkins won't be a good pro, and he deserves to be the first WR taken, but the truth is there is a good chance he won't be the best WR that comes out of this draft.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Lol.Yea extending the cintract of a QB who was horrible the year before. MADE no sense.
    How many Jets QBs had a total of 32 TDs passing and rushing in a season?
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 03-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Im amazed you guys think watkins is a 100% riskless, superstar in waiting.

I like him a lot as a receiver, great hands, speed, etc - but a big part of his hype is that he went ballistic in his last game. Well the truth is that jared abberdis, a good but not great prospect, shredded that same defense for 200 yards.

Im not saying that watkins won't be a good pro, and he deserves to be the first WR taken, but the truth is there is a good chance he won't be the best WR that comes out of this draft.
    I like how you assume I said he's 100% riskless, never posted such a thing. All prospects have risks, even the once-in-a-generation ones. It's just indisputable that Watkins is the top WR prospect, and anyone that's watched his tape (and not focus on his big last game) would agree.

Oh, and to your other point, Gholston regularly abused Jake Long during the times they played each other in college, so you really can't hang onto that single-game argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    How many Jets QBs had a total of 32 TDs passing and throwing in a season?
    What's the difference between passing and throwing?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Isn't passing and throwing the same thing?? LOL You may want to change throwing to rushing..

Hall Of Fame
    Not many. Sadly, seems like we have had plenty that committed as many turnovers as that QB did that season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not many. Sadly, seems like we have had plenty that committed as many turnovers as that QB did that season.
    Eli has him beat..

Evans > Watkins
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Dude, seriously, chill out. You can't be this irrational. The Jets are fine, and dispite what it seems to you, Idzik is doing a great job.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That's funny.
    Watkins game is in for a shock.

45.45% of his receptions came as screens, behind the line of scrimmage.
    19.70% of his receptions came from 1-5 yards.

This is the NFL.

With the WR depth in this draft, whoever takes Watkins with a top10 pick will regret it. Evans will be the better pro as well as Cooks.

This is the NFL.

With the WR depth in this draft, whoever takes Watkins with a top10 pick will regret it. Evans will be the better pro as well as Cooks.
    Do you watch college football? Because if you do you wouldn't be saying that. Evans may turn out to be a Pro Bowler but to suggest that you would draft Cooks or Evans over Watkins is laughable. Many of Evans big plays were a result of Manziel scrambling for 10 seconds and Evans breaking open. That isn't a good sign for an NFL prospect unless you think Geno will be a scrambling QB, which he isn't (he is more of a straight line runner if things open up in front of him and not a guy that will scramble in the backfield for 10 seconds).

Also Demayrius Thomas has made a living out of catching short passes and turning them into 80 yard TDs. So to suggest that catching a ton of short passes is a knock on Watkins is also comical.

Jets Insider VIP

This is the NFL.

Good points but I'm still very high on Watkins. I think he'll be a great Pro and he's the best WR in this class IMO. As for Cooks, I saw a report saying that the Jets were "all over him" during his recent Pro Day. MM particularly couldn't take his eyes off the guy. I think Cooks will be there at 18 but is that too high to take him?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-16-2014 at 02:03 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Isn't passing and throwing the same thing?? LOL You may want to change throwing to rushing..
    Done thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Also Demayrius Thomas has made a living out of catching short passes and turning them into 80 yard TDs. So to suggest that catching a ton of short passes is a knock on Watkins is also comical.
    Whether it's the ball traveling far through the air and a short run, or the ball traveling short and a long run, the goal is still the same....get a WR to the end zone with the ball in his hands. So I agree with you 100%.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-16-2014 at 02:03 PM.