Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dennard might be the best pick for us at this point...

Dennard might be the best pick for us at this point...

From a need base anyway, WR is no longer a pressing matter with the signing of Decker. And I'll state for the record that Decker is being mislabeled as just a number two, this guy is a legit #1 in this league.

Dennard isnt 1st round talent IMO. Maybe he sneaks into the 1st I dont even think he is the best CB in this class. He with out a doubt doesnt fit Rex's views on CBs. Justin Gilbert would be the better fit in a man up Dennard will need to be in a zone. S, TE, G, or ILB in the 1st. HAHA or Pryor looking more likely after today. ILB looking very much a possibility now too IMO. C.J. Mosley could very well be BPA and Ryan Shazier has to be on our short list. We still have Milliner, Wilson, Walls, and Lankster. I would almost say TE is a lock but given out team history it is going to be hard for them to sell that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Dennard isnt 1st round talent IMO. Maybe he sneaks into the 1st I dont even think he is the best CB in this class. He with out a doubt doesnt fit Rex's views on CBs. Justin Gilbert would be the better fit in a man up Dennard will need to be in a zone. S, TE, G, or ILB in the 1st. HAHA or Pryor looking more likely after today. ILB looking very much a possibility now too IMO. C.J. Mosley could very well be BPA and Ryan Shazier has to be on our short list. We still have Milliner, Wilson, Walls, and Lankster. I would almost say TE is a lock but given out team history it is going to be hard for them to sell that.
    I don't understand why you think Dennard can't play man coverage.

That's what Michigan State is known for

Dennard is on an island all the time

All League
    I'm not on the Dennard train this year but did you even watch him play? He might be the most physical corner coming out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Yeah Dennard was a man press corner in college that was his strength. That's why Mayock said teams want to see how fast he can run so he doesn't get beat over top.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Just because he ran it in college doesnt mean he could run it at a pro level. I dont think he has the skills at all to be a man up CB at the next level. He is big and fast but doesnt have the moves to keep up with better WR on his own. He was burned a lot in college. I just dont get the hype on him at all seems like he is only ranked high based on his size. I would not take any of the CBs in this class in the 1st. Your just talking 2-3 round prospects IMO. I'd rather just extend Wilson if your talking drafting Dennard. I wouldnt blow a 1st on any of them really. There is no stud CB in this class.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Just because he ran it in college doesnt mean he could run it at a pro level. I dont think he has the skills at all to be a man up CB at the next level. He is big and fast but doesnt have the moves to keep up with better WR on his own. He was burned a lot in college. I just dont get the hype on him at all seems like he is only ranked high based on his size. I would not take any of the CBs in this class in the 1st. Your just talking 2-3 round prospects IMO. I'd rather just extend Wilson if your talking drafting Dennard. I wouldnt blow a 1st on any of them really. There is no stud CB in this class.
    LOL

Are you kidding me? He's perfectly suited to play in a press, man-to-man system.

Also, you're nuts if you think guys like Dennard and Gilbert aren't legit 1st rounders

All League
    What are you talking about? He is on the small side and ran a bit on the slow side. For some odd reason I caught a lot of Mich St games this year and he was a stud. He's being pumped up because of his man cover skills and tape, not his measurables. Again, did you even watch him this year?

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    What are you talking about? He is on the small side and ran a bit on the slow side. For some odd reason I caught a lot of Mich St games this year and he was a stud. He's being pumped up because of his man cover skills and tape, not his measurables. Again, did you even watch him this year?
    Didnt watch any of his games but I have seen the highlights. He doesnt impress me at all with his highlights. Like I said I think Gilbert would be a better fit and I dont even think he is all that good. Verrett is by far the best of this class IMO but he is just so small even for a CB. Dennard is on the small side? He is one of the bigger CBs this year. That is why he is rated so high. Of the top ten CBs he is like the 2nd or 3rd biggest of the group depending of who you have in there. Sorry I just have to agree to disargee I dont see a rare talent in him at all.

Dennard is definitely a 1st rounder.

Dude get a clue and watch some games of this guy, he is one of the best corner prospects in quite sometime, the guy is a shutdown corner all the way.

Waterboy
    watched alot of highlights and tried to do some of my own scouting on this kid I would be very happy to spend the 18th pick on him looks like a great physical press man corner exactly what rex looks for

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Dude get a clue and watch some games of this guy, he is one of the best corner prospects in quite sometime, the guy is a shutdown corner all the way.
    That is a bit much. You like him more then I do that is cool. No way is he the best CB prospect in some time. If he was he'd be a projected top 3 pick like Milliner was last year. He only fell because of injury. Morris Claiborne and Patrick Peterson where both seen as hands down elite CB in resent years. Not to forget Haden. I just dont see it sorry. Is he worth a 2nd yes but I wouldnt burn a 1st on him is all. The only DB that I really like in this class is HaHa and maybe Pryor who I am still luke warm on. I am not saying he is trash I just dont think any of these CBs really stand out. That is my opinion on this CB class is all.

All League
    CBS Sports Mock Drafts:

Prisco: Pick 18 Jets Dennard
    Rang : Pick 10 Lions. Dennard
    Brugler: Pick 15 Steelers Dennard
    Kirwan: Pick 11 Titans. Dennard
    Brinson: Pick 21 Packers Dennard

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Really? Not first round talent?

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    CBS Sports Mock Drafts:

I havent debated where others have him. I dont feel he is the top CB in this draft. He flat out doesnt impress me at all. It is out of question to say that. I wouldnt take him 1st round is all at least not for this team. I dont think he would be a very good fit at all from what I have seen. Really feel he is being over rated based on CBs having high value right now. I see him as a 2nd round guy that could go 1st round based on need. I also see 4-5 CBs with 2nd round value so there shouldnt be a rush to over reach on any CB this year.

Rookie
    I love the "Idea" of Denard coming on board and implementing the "No FLY Zone" defense for the Jets on defense. In fact, we could take his teamate later in the draft Isaiah Lewis. Sons of Rex and the No Fly Zone! http://youtu.be/XJ3C6bBpFGI

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I'm not on the Dennard train this year but did you even watch him play? He might be the most physical corner coming out this year.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    CBS Sports Mock Drafts:

that settles it for me....we are definitely not drafting Dennard

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    totally agree..be surprised if he is still there at 18...not at all shocked if he goes top 10