Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 176

Thread: Decker **merged post signing discussion**

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Of course Peyton Manning will make a receiver a better receiver. But don't take away the fact that Eric Decker catches EVERYTHING. He makes really tough catches and consistently. Im sick of everyone saying he can't be a #1... as if we all watched him so closely before Peyton got there. We know Geno can make the throws.. and we all saw how many drops our receivers had.

    No matter what anyone thinks..regardless if they wanted him or not.. Eric Decker instantly becomes the best receiver we have had in a while. And give Geno the benefit of the doubt...he had NO BODY to throw to. Kerley was our best frigging receiver (not a sleight towards Jeremy..he's awesome) but man..give him Decker, give him Marqise Lee?! or some other top WR at 18.. and let's get a passing game going. Let's put Geno's arm to good use.

    There's the whole his wife is singer, they have a reality show, New York City is a big, distracting celebrity-focused market angle that everyone is turning a blind eye to.

    New York City + a loosey goosey head coach + a wide receiver with a part time career as a celebrity.... what could possibly go wrong?

  2. #22
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,688

    Why is everyone doubting Decker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    While everyone is debating whether Decker is a #1 or a #2, they have not stopped to consider the possibility that maybe... just maybe... the Jets don't intend to use Decker as a #1. There is still a long way to go in free agency before the draft. Let's just wait and see what other moves the team makes before we start labeling Decker.
    Common sense and logic have no place on JI. How dare you not act like a SOJF. Get in line. Decker sucks. Geno can never be a good QB because he didn't play like a hall of famer the first time he stepped on an NFL field. Revis would have instantly made us a SB contender. Idzik doesn't know what he is doing because he did not destroy the cap by signing every big name available. Got it???? Any further to attempts to rationalize will result in a lifetime ban. You have been warned!!!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    Decker is slower (4.6) than many linebackers, and strikes fear into no one (especially the Pats now). He's got usually reliable hands, and has a league wide rep for whining about not getting calls ( penalties). He can't shake a fast DB, he was the recipient of Peyton throwing to him LY (Clyde Gates/David Nelson could catch 90 from Payton), he was the 3rd or 4th best receiver for Denver, and they didn't offer him SQUAT!! We blew good money and a starting position on a below average WR who will create more laughter than fear in our opponents! GOOGLE the dude, try "Decker overrated", read it and weep....shouldda stuck with David Nelson (same player) than shelling out for that dude..
    And who exactly would you bring in for his good price?

  4. #24
    This is a decent signing, but no, Decker isn't putting the fear of God into NFL secondaries, particularly when he doesn't have Peyton Manning throwing to him. However, given the money the Jets have to spend, and given the horrific state of the receiving corps, he is definitely an upgrade.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,435
    Just pretend we are the pats and we signed him....brilliant move!!! Stole him from Denver!!! Great contract!!! Blah blah blah!!!

    Decker instantly is our best wr and going to catch a ton of passes for us. Great pick up.

  6. #26
    Just because Deckers runs a 4.6 he's not a problem for the defense?
    I got news for you, not every team has a Darrelle Revis at CB,lol.
    The dude runs a 4.60 & is 6'-3" and way over 200Lbs, has great hands, uses his body like a TE, has been great in the redzone, and has just made Jeremy Kerley & a WR draftees life that much easier!
    The Jets are actually going to have true NFL quality starting receivers next year! Let's say we draft Lee. Or let's say we draft Ebron & move up in the 2nd for Mathews. Decker- Kerley- Mathews- Ebron!
    Just that lineup alone would keep defenses from crunching the box like they did last year. So let's add MJD as a 3rd down back.
    Ivory will be even more beastly if MM can keep teams from putting 8-9 guys in the box.
    Decker will be Genos best friend in those situations. I can't wait for the draft!
    Decker is a better receiver than anything the Pats will trot out there next year.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Just pretend we are the pats and we signed him....brilliant move!!! Stole him from Denver!!! Great contract!!! Blah blah blah!!!

    Decker instantly is our best wr and going to catch a ton of passes for us. Great pick up.
    At least somebody gets it around here at JI, home of the glass half empty crew lol...

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    Decker is slower (4.6) than many linebackers, and strikes fear into no one (especially the Pats now). He's got usually reliable hands, and has a league wide rep for whining about not getting calls ( penalties). He can't shake a fast DB, he was the recipient of Peyton throwing to him LY (Clyde Gates/David Nelson could catch 90 from Payton), he was the 3rd or 4th best receiver for Denver, and they didn't offer him SQUAT!! We blew good money and a starting position on a below average WR who will create more laughter than fear in our opponents! GOOGLE the dude, try "Decker overrated", read it and weep....shouldda stuck with David Nelson (same player) than shelling out for that dude..
    "Brady overrated:" 414,000 results
    "Blowjobs overrated:" 2,490,000 results

    specious argument is specious

  9. #29
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    While everyone is debating whether Decker is a #1 or a #2, they have not stopped to consider the possibility that maybe... just maybe... the Jets don't intend to use Decker as a #1. There is still a long way to go in free agency before the draft. Let's just wait and see what other moves the team makes before we start labeling Decker.
    This.

    Also we're getting slammed by the dorks at the NFL Network for not making a run for Mevis and signing Decker who "Revis will shutdown" when we play the *Pats. And worst of all on NFL Network, it's "Patriots week". What's up with that? Did I miss Steelers week? They have more rings.

  10. #30
    It basically comes down to this: the Jets signed him so there's gotta something wrong with him and there's no such thing as a good Jets move...simple as that

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    665
    They are faulting Decker for coming here saying he could have gotten the same money with another team. Also saying he went from Manning to garbage throwing him the ball. When they were talking about Geno other times they say he didn't have any weapons and had a good arm. Did people forget Manning himself said he picked Denver because they had good receivers.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

  12. #32
    Just some free advice to the Jets, they should also sign Edelman to pair with Decker, he is better than Kerly, you can find plays for him in the open field with screens, and quick passes, and he is the best punt returner in the league. I think the same money they just paid Decker will work with Julian, and the Niners will not go that high.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Why is everyone doubting Decker
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Of course Peyton Manning will make a receiver a better receiver. But don't take away the fact that Eric Decker catches EVERYTHING (thrown to him by Peyton Manning).
    It's always nice when an OP answers his own question in the first three lines of the OP.

    First, not "everyone" is doubting him.

    Second, most I've read are not "doubting" him at all, more wondering if he'll be as productive with worst-in-NFL Geno Smith as he was with best-in-NFL Peyton Manning.

    Im sick of everyone saying he can't be a #1.
    Do you need a trash can for the vomit? Since you're so sick?

    Overreaction 101: create a straw man (y everyone doubt decker!) then puff it down and puff up your chest.

    Relax, most folks not masturbating furiously the moment Decker was signed are simply unsure. And given Decker hasn;t played a singler snap with our team as yet, unsure is probably the most appropriate way to be.

    Decker was the highest rated free agent in a widely acknowledged weak class of free agents. We're better with Decker and without Holmes on paper, undoubtedly.

    Beyond that, neither you nor I know how Decker will play.

    The you of years ago would have posted a thread just lik ethis when the jets aquired Neil O'Donnell.

    I.e. relax, we'll see when we see.

  14. #34

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,863
    Did Decker arrive at the Super Bowl yet?

  16. #36
    I blame Oh Bamma

    Decker IS totally cute tho, rite?? I can't wait to DVR his E series and learn all about his living habits! OMG YAY!!! <3

    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 03-14-2014 at 12:32 PM.

  17. #37
    OP, to answer your question. People are doubting Decker because there are a lot of ignorant morons on this board.

  18. #38
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,739
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    OP, to answer your question. People are doubting Decker because there are a lot of ignorant morons on this board.
    As opposed to the intelligent morons on this board?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    As opposed to the intelligent morons on this board?
    Good point.

  20. #40
    We didn't follow the roadmap to multiple Super Bowl titles that is signing Jeremy Maclin, drafting a slow WR at 18 and signing Josh McCown to learn a new playbook and go back to being the scrub he was the first 11 years of his career.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us