Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Decker **merged post signing discussion**

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I don't see Decker as a deep threat and his 40 time was close to 5.0. In any case we could disagree all we want. Decker was a solid transaction.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    To a certain extent I actually agree with you. We still need a deep threat at WR which is why I want Nicks or Sanders signed.

He doesn't have half the blackness of Woodhead.

I think its time to draft a OLB speed rusher, TE, or hell if a game changing RB is there I say go for it. I honestly don't mind if we get a freakish athletic TE .. those guys are game changers in today's NFL. Corner I'll likely vomit .. too many bumps and bruises in year 1 and won't help as much. If we can get Cro back here I'll be real happy. He was hurt last year. Allen I think is going to be a legit safety in this league especially with 1 more year of experience. We need a playmaking safety, speed edge rusher at OLB, a instant homerun threat at RB or freakish TE. Any of those in round 1 and I'll be fine. I think Idzik will look for some DB's in the mid rounds which is what Seattle did. If we're following that program there which isn't a bad thing to do ... look for some guys with 1st round talent but just need to be coached up. Dee is a freak in year 2 he'll be something special. Keep in mind last year he came off shoulder surgery, missed voluntaries and etc. I expect Dee to be as good as Sherman is ... cross fingers. He learned a lot ... lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    yup

I think we are all going to be very happy with Decker. Earlier today there were tweets from an interview and I liked everything I heard, especially the fact he wants to be a leader on and off the field. Personally I can't get enough guys with that type of attitude.
    I love it. He's basically out to prove and show he's just as good with out Peyton. He's going to make a huge difference for this offense. Glad we got him.

I don't see Decker as a deep threat and his 40 time was close to 5.0. In any case we could disagree all we want. Decker was a solid transaction.

How is 4.54 close to 5.0?? That's pretty inaccurate or stupid!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post

I think we are all going to be very happy with Decker. Earlier today there were tweets from an interview and I liked everything I heard, especially the fact he wants to be a leader on and off the field. Personally I can't get enough guys with that type of attitude.
    Idzik is looking for specific players that fit his team vision.
    No room or desire for people like Holmes or Revis.

Decker was the best receiver in this class he can run any route and his game speed is 10x better than any 40 shows. He broke so many short passes and turned them into big gains the last 2 years. If we get James Jones .. the receiving depth just got crazy. James Jones, Decker, Hill, Kerley, & Nelson. We can use Hill as a sub and have him extend the field with that speed and take pressure off him ... Kerley can be in his natural position and doesn't have be in the game in so many downs. Nelson as we seen last year has exceptional hands and knows how to use that size. I'm fine with this receiving corps if it happens.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    To a certain extent I actually agree with you. We still need a deep threat at WR which is why I want Nicks or Sanders signed.
    I know, unfortunately Hill hasn't panned out and they are back to square one. I wouldn't mind either of them. Nicks could come cheaper since his injury concerns and is looking to repeat his 2010/2011 performance...

I really like the Decker signing, but I couldn't forget this play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-hits-the-deck

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Love the signing. Just hope we use that 1st round pick on another receiver, and possibly our 2nd or 3rd on a TE. It'll be tough to be effective if it's Cumberland/Kerley/Nelson out there as the other receiving options. A defense can all too easily bracket Decker if we don't have any other weapons.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    How is 4.54 close to 5.0?? That's pretty inaccurate or stupid!!
    Relax it was a typo I'm posting from a feakin phone..

Relax it was a typo I'm posting from a feakin phone..

That's a big typo actually. I agree he is not the big deep threat but still can get behind people.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    People keep saying "He's a product of Peyton" I cant stand that. He still has to catch the damn ball..right?
    He was the forth option on Denver. Big difference from Peyton to feeble Geno

I also think it's silly to write off Decker just because he played with Manning. Not everybody is a product of Peyton.

Want proof of this? Look to none other than Pierre Garcon. You know, the same Garcon that like Decker was dismissed as a product of Manning. Unlike Decker though, he never had as much success with Manning as Decker did (Garcon never reached 1000 yards while playing with Peyton). And last year Garcon had a great year, putting up 100+ receptions and 1300) yards with a one legged RG3 (and Kirk Cousins). He proved that he wasn't a product of Manning.

I don't see any reason why Decker can't do the same.
    Last edited by King P; 03-14-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I also think it's silly to write off Decker just because he played with Manning. Not everybody is a product of Peyton.

Want proof of this? Look to none other than Pierre Garcon. You know, the same Garcon that like Decker was dismissed as a product of Manning. Unlike Decker though, he never had as much success with Manning as Decker did (Garcon never reached 1000 yards while playing with Peyton). And last year Garcon had a great year, putting up 100+ receptions and 1300) yards with a one legged RG3 (and Kirk Cousins). He proved that he wasn't a product of Manning.

I don't see any reason why Decker can't do the same.
    Exactly. No WR has success without a good QB and we are going with Geno. If Decker sucks, it will be because of QB play not ability. He has already shown his ability.

Decker is written off for two reasons--

1.) He is a product of Peyton, which is a bunk theory. Since this board loves rankings--he was the #3 wide receiver coming out in his draft, one slot behind Dez Bryant.

2.) He is being called a slot receiver, compared to Chrebet, Cooper. Being called slow which is not factual. Product of a system. If you didn't know what Decker looked like (and I am not talking about looks) and saw his numbers, everyone on this board would be excited about signing a receiver of this ilk. But, I have a feeling that people don't tak him seriously for a specific reason.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Except he wasn't. This is the kind of biased rhetoric that makes people look stupid.

2013 Denver Broncos Targets:

143 Demarius Thomas
    137 Eric Decker
    110 Wes Welker
    89 Julius Thomas

Even if you want to crow about Welker's injuries the reality is the Broncos had three talented recievers and spread the ball pretty evenly between them, with Decker only getting 6 fewer targets than their number one. The idea that he was their fourth option is idiotic.

All Pro
    There is little doubt in my mind that Jets fans are going to be happy with Decker. Let his play on the field do the talking. I'm excited that the Jets have him locked up for his prime years.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Except he wasn't. This is the kind of biased rhetoric that makes people look stupid.

2013 Denver Broncos Targets:

143 Demarius Thomas
    137 Eric Decker
    110 Wes Welker
    89 Julius Thomas

Even if you want to crow about Welker's injuries the reality is the Broncos had three talented recievers and spread the ball pretty evenly between them, with Decker only getting 6 fewer targets than their number one. The idea that he was their fourth option is idiotic.
    Well if you take into consideration Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball and Jacob Tamme then Decker was the 6th or 7th option in Denver's offense.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    He was targeted the 2nd most on the team. He had the 2nd most receptions and yards. How, exactly, does that make him the 4th option?