5.69 receptions per game

Decker
    19 games
    95 receptions
    154 targets
    8.10 targets per game
    5 receptions per game

All League
    I heard he was a top 10 blocker for receivers.....can't remember where I read it thouhh

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Welker was the second option...he averaged slightly more targets and receptions per game. And was often a larger focus from opposing Defenses.

Decker was still better than the vast majority of #2 WR's in the NFL tho....and will be a great #2 here, if we find a long term #1 in the draft.

Decker>>>>Welker

Decker has been a top 2 target on the Broncos for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSackExchange View Post
    +1 He's the white. man version of a David nelson good size ,good hands, somehow always finds a way to get open we just played him a lot more .
    LOL. I thought you wrote "he's the white man's version of JORDY Nelson" for a second.

LULZ

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Decker>>>>Welker

Decker has been a top 2 target on the Broncos for 3 years.
    Except the numbers don't show that. Neither did the coverage. Welker was the second option received coverage accordingly.

I'm happy with Decker - solid signing, but he's no what everyone thinks he is.

With all the "Decker is a product of Manning" talk in the media, I found this data somewhat intriguing.....in Decker's sophomore year he played 4 games with Kyle Orton as his QB, before Tebow took over....

w/Orton
    GP - 4
    Rec - 20
    Yards - 270
    TD - 4
    YPG - 67.5
    YPC - 13.5
    TD/G - 1.0

w/Manning
    GP - 32
    Rec - 172
    Yards - 2,346
    TD - 24
    YPG - 73.3
    YPC - 13.64
    TD/G - 0.75

Now with how small his sample size was with Orton, it means next to nothing.....but I think for how much people play up that his numbers are inflated by virtue of having Manning (which I'm sure they were), I think people are downplaying how negatively impacted his #'s were by having Tebow as his QB for much of 2011.....while also ignoring that year 3 for WR's has been statistically proven to be the most common "break out" year for those at the position.

His numbers will be muted in our offense for sure, but I suspect the guy is gonna be good for ~60 catches per 16, and 800-900 years, and 6+ TD's....and more if our QB play ever improves.

Welker
    16 games
    91 receptions
    135 targets
    8.44 targets per game
    5.69 receptions per game

Decker
    19 games
    95 receptions
    154 targets
    8.10 targets per game
    5 receptions per game
    I'll add, in the playoffs, when there was the most on the line....Decker was clearly the 4th option and 4th most productive..

NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD
    D.Thomas 28 38 306 10.9 3
    J. Thomas 18 24 188 10.4 0
    W.Welker 18 24 160 8.9 1
    E. Decker 8 18 111 13.9 0
    Last edited by fidelioion; 03-15-2014 at 05:48 PM.

With all the "Decker is a product of Manning" talk in the media, I found this data somewhat intriguing.....in Decker's sophomore year he played 4 games with Kyle Orton as his QB, before Tebow took over....

His numbers will be muted in our offense for sure, but I suspect the guy is gonna be good for ~60 catches per 16, and 800-900 years, and 6+ TD's....and more if our QB play ever improves.
    I think those are reasonable numbers to expect...60 catches - 800 yards. Reasonable expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I know his name, I misspell it, do you understand the difference?
    Not everyone can be Akeela, but I hope 6th grade works out well for ya. I'm rooting for you!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    I heard he was a top 10 blocker for receivers.....can't remember where I read it thouhh

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    I posted it earlier this week, number 11 on PFF

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

w/Orton
    GP - 4
    Rec - 20
    Yards - 270
    TD - 4
    YPG - 67.5
    YPC - 13.5
    TD/G - 1.0

w/Manning
    GP - 32
    Rec - 172
    Yards - 2,346
    TD - 24
    YPG - 73.3
    YPC - 13.64
    TD/G - 0.75

Now with how small his sample size was with Orton, it means next to nothing.....but I think for how much people play up that his numbers are inflated by virtue of having Manning (which I'm sure they were), I think people are downplaying how negatively impacted his #'s were by having Tebow as his QB for much of 2011.....while also ignoring that year 3 for WR's has been statistically proven to be the most common "break out" year for those at the position.

That's some serious longevity..

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Except the numbers don't show that. Neither did the coverage. Welker was the second option received coverage accordingly.

I'm happy with Decker - solid signing, but he's no what everyone thinks he is.

And you know this how?

The numbers show that Decker was much better, he was the 2nd most productive receiver on the Broncos. Only 2 other WRs have more TDs in the past 3 years than Decker. Dez Bryant with 34, Megatron with 33, and then Decker with 32.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    And you know this how?

The numbers show that Decker was much better, he was the 2nd most productive receiver on the Broncos. Only 2 other WRs have more TDs in the past 3 years than Decker. Dez Bryant with 34, Megatron with 33, and then Decker with 32.
    It's posted above - He was their 3rd option in the regular season and clearly 4th in the playoffs. Those are factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    I know why the media is doubting Decker.

Because he signed with the Jets.

Like someone already said, if the Pats signed him, there would be articles everywhere about what a "coup" it is and how great Decker will be.

More than that, I'm annoyed by everything I read about Geno and how "awful" and "worthless" he is, so much so that any WR who signs with us is basically throwing away his career. I know it shouldn't bother me, but come on. When we drafted him, it was all about how dumb a decision it was because we didn't have any other offensive weapons. Now we're making it a priority to sign those weapons and it's all about how dumb it is because we don't have a QB (in their opinion). Glad our GM isn't stupid; if we somehow drafted Manziel or Bridgewater, what's the first thing everyone would say? "Oh, who's he going to throw to? Eric Decker's a number 2 guy who was only good with Peyton Manning."

Being a Jets fan means putting up with a vicious circle of inane criticism.
    Yes, because the media could easily envision comparable numbers with the same type of QB throwing him the ball, all questions regarding whether if his numbers were a result of the qb would be moot.

Why anyone cares a rat's ass what the media says is beyond me. They get paid to sell space either ink or electronic. If analysts such as jimmy Johnson, Polian etc criticize or question a move,then it may give me pause as these guys have done it. What some former communications major opinion is does not bother me.

Brandon LaFell just got $4 million per year - and is about 1/20th the player decker is.

There shouldn't be a single syllable of criticism about decker or his contract.

Jets Insider VIP
    A week ago the Jets didn't have a #1 or #2 WR on the team. Now they've got one and this Fall we'll find out which one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That's some serious longevity..
    lol. He's planning for the Jets next Super Bowl.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Brandon LaFell just got $4 million per year - and is about 1/20th the player decker is.

There shouldn't be a single syllable of criticism about decker or his contract.
    Exagerating much? Look at their stats for last year before making that statement. Decker is overated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Exagerating much? Look at their stats for last year before making that statement. Decker is overated.
    so is browner

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    so is browner
    But Revis is not.