Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Decker **merged post signing discussion**

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yes, because the media could easily envision comparable numbers with the same type of QB throwing him the ball, all questions regarding whether if his numbers were a result of the qb would be moot.

Why anyone cares a rat's ass what the media says is beyond me. They get paid to sell space either ink or electronic. If analysts such as jimmy Johnson, Polian etc criticize or question a move,then it may give me pause as these guys have done it. What some former communications major opinion is does not bother me.
    As much as I hate to admit it, if Brady were the QB I would expect Decker's numbers to be better than with Geno at this point in his career.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'll add, in the playoffs, when there was the most on the line....Decker was clearly the 4th option and 4th most productive..

NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD
    D.Thomas 28 38 306 10.9 3
    J. Thomas 18 24 188 10.4 0
    W.Welker 18 24 160 8.9 1
    E. Decker 8 18 111 13.9 0
    Someone could make the case this was because he was feared and teams did all they could to shut him down, leaving Manning to look elsewhere.

I know this doesn't fit the SOJFs we signed a nothing rant, but theres nothing to say this is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Brandon LaFell just got $4 million per year - and is about 1/20th the player decker is.

There shouldn't be a single syllable of criticism about decker or his contract.
    There's two idiot posters who keep trolling every thread repeating ESPN talking points about Decker.

All Pro
    Let's put this to bed. Eric Decker caught 88 passes from a QB who can't throw a tight spiral deeper than 20 yards downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Kerley is not always open and he is very comparable to Endlemen, Endlemen may even be faster and he is a upper level Punt returner. Kerley is good but he benefits from being the best pro of a bad lot. By that logic of Brady making Endlemen what do you see with the Decker/Smith combo doing to Decker's last years performance?
    Id be willing to bet any amount of money Kerley outruns Edelman on his worst day and since I'm expecting a big step forward from Geno this season I believe Decker will put up VERY respectable numbers.When we have a complete picture of our receiving core I'll give you an estimate on what I believe he's capable of in this offense.It isn't wise for anyone to speculate on what Decker is gonna do because the picture is too incomplete at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'll add, in the playoffs, when there was the most on the line....Decker was clearly the 4th option and 4th most productive..

NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD
    D.Thomas 28 38 306 10.9 3
    J. Thomas 18 24 188 10.4 0
    W.Welker 18 24 160 8.9 1
    E. Decker 8 18 111 13.9 0
    Not necessarily.....it could be that opposing teams saw Decker as more of a threat than Welker or one or more of the other receivers and gave him more defensive attention which would lower his numbers.Stats aren't the be all and end all when it comes to player performance.Sometimes you have to use your eyes and also know what you're seeing......

Jets Insider VIP
    Was there ever a press conference for the signing???

I feel really gay because I'm watching Deckers show. He better perform because he is going to look like a tool on this show!!

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I feel really gay because I'm watching Deckers show. He better perform because he is going to look like a tool on this show!!
    I'm checking in on it. It's very weird.

I'm sure he is going to be very good here with a lot to prove without Manning and Thomas.

Then don't watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Then don't watch it?
    Just wanted to see what is was going to be like.

LOL... Ginley got so mad at me for making fun of that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LOL... Ginley got so mad at me for making fun of that show.
    Its pretty bad actually. I want to see the one where he signs with the Jets and then be done with it.

Looks pretty standard for reality tv shows. Pretty boring and not really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Looks pretty standard for reality tv shows. Pretty boring and not really interesting.
    Pretty much.