Thread: For all who want CJ?K and not DJax

Veteran

For all who want CJ?K and not DJax

Let's remember that CJ is the guy who publicly called out and complained about his teammates inability to do their jobs. That type of behavior is far more likely to fracture a locker room then DJax complaining about his contract. CJ has also complained about his contract. DJax has performed the past few years while CJ has been a shell of his former self. WR > RB in the order of needs.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Let's remember that CJ is the guy who publicly called out and complained about his teammates inability to do their jobs. That type of behavior is far more likely to fracture a locker room then DJax complaining about his contract. CJ has also complained about his contract. DJax has performed the past few years while CJ has been a shell of his former self. WR > RB in the order of needs.
    Jets need weapons. PERIOD. Don't care whether it is DJax or CJ.

All League
    Yeah I definitely would take Jackson over Johnson at this point in their careers and according to the Jets needs...... But if you had to put money on the guy more likely to sign with the Jets it would have to be Johnson IMO. He's cheaper, and won't command top dollar, which is the difference.

Personally I would be happy with either.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'd take either on the right deal but I think DJ is going want to get too much $$$

I'm ok with neither because I don't want other teams rejects. However I'm ok with either or both because they help the Jets. How's that for on the fence??

Glad we started a new thread on this. The other ones were getting too ethnic or something.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You can't compare the two on almost every level.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I would take both, I'll probably get hated on for it but.... DJax is a playmaker and a legit threat, so is CJ2k. I live in TN and see plenty of titans games the last 3 years the titans o line sucked a$$. I think both players can still be productive and both are under 30. You want to build through the draft? I do, but these 2 are young enough and would give flexibility in the draft for the next 2-3 years.

Sure they are character risks but they aren't bad guys (getting arrested or failing drug tests). Bring them in giving you 2 playmakers at different positions keeping the opposing defense honest and letting our team develop and play within the scheme they want to run.

Too many people on this board think that a draft pick is garunteed to be productive.... "Cooks is just as quick and fast withnless risk" - he Has not played a single down of football in the nfl and is not a sure thing. See Stephen Hill, all the raw intangibles but is not producing.

You win in this league at Qb (we are suspect) and offensive weapons, withdjax and or CJ this would give us the competitive edge with Rex's D, oh and we may not have to give up any draft picks of one or both, so we can still build depth and developmental players.
    Last edited by Starkjet24; 03-30-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Huh? Calling out teamates like that may light a fire on their ass. I would rather have a player that complains about others not doing their jobs than have a player that is a gangbanger. It shows he has passion.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Huh? Calling out teamates like that may light a fire on their ass. I would rather have a player that complains about others not doing their jobs than have a player that is a gangbanger. It shows he has passion.
    enough with the gang thing. the LAPD said they have nothing involving him being a member, involved with members or anything related to gang activity.

calling out your teammates for not blocking well enough and putting up your worst YPC isn't going to get you friends on your team.