Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decker **merged post signing discussion**

Jets Insider VIP

Decker **merged post signing discussion**

Of course Peyton Manning will make a receiver a better receiver. But don't take away the fact that Eric Decker catches EVERYTHING. He makes really tough catches and consistently. Im sick of everyone saying he can't be a #1... as if we all watched him so closely before Peyton got there. We know Geno can make the throws.. and we all saw how many drops our receivers had.

No matter what anyone thinks..regardless if they wanted him or not.. Eric Decker instantly becomes the best receiver we have had in a while. And give Geno the benefit of the doubt...he had NO BODY to throw to. Kerley was our best frigging receiver (not a sleight towards Jeremy..he's awesome) but man..give him Decker, give him Marqise Lee?! or some other top WR at 18.. and let's get a passing game going. Let's put Geno's arm to good use.

Last edited by SBIII; 03-14-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just hope they don't decide to draft a cornerback at 18.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    I just hope they don't decide to draft a cornerback at 18.
    I feared that earlier tonight.. I'd much rather sign DRC or Cro. Give me a Cromartie.

But for real...Idzik knows we need more WR help.

Because whoever we sign they are never happy, we should of got someone else, in the meantime can we re-sign every ex-Jet going who had minimal success here and that no other team wants.

Bring back Keller...

Bring back Bray...

Being back Cotch...

Bring back Revis...

Bring back Brad Smith...

Only then are some happy.
    Last edited by Harrier; 03-14-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Of course Peyton Manning will make a receiver a better receiver. But don't take away the fact that Eric Decker catches EVERYTHING. He makes really tough catches and consistently. Im sick of everyone saying he can't be a #1... as if we all watched him so closely before Peyton got there. We know Geno can make the throws.. and we all saw how many drops our receivers had.

No matter what anyone thinks..regardless if they wanted him or not.. Eric Decker instantly becomes the best receiver we have had in a while. And give Geno the benefit of the doubt...he had NO BODY to throw to. Kerley was our best frigging receiver (not a sleight towards Jeremy..he's awesome) but man..give him Decker, give him Marqise Lee?! or some other top WR at 18.. and let's get a passing game going. Let's put Geno's arm to good use.

Agree 100%. I think he's going to be great.

We still need another top WR as well as a big TE to give Geno options and keep the opposing D guessing, but I think Decker is a great signing. He wasn't top FA WR for nothing!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibs View Post
    Agree 100%. I think he's going to be great.

We still need another top WR as well as a big TE to give Geno options and keep the opposing D guessing, but I think Decker is a great signing. He wasn't top FA WR for nothing!
    People keep saying "He's a product of Peyton" I cant stand that. He still has to catch the damn ball..right?

All League
    He can catch the ball and he's not a Diva. What's not to like.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    He can catch the ball and he's not a Diva. What's not to like.
    +1 He's the white. man version of a David nelson good size ,good hands, somehow always finds a way to get open we just played him a lot more .

I can't seem to find it right on the first page but I thought there was already a thread on Decker. This would've been perfect for that thread.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    People keep saying "He's a product of Peyton" I cant stand that. He still has to catch the damn ball..right?
    Exactly. I said in another thread if Peyton or Brady was the QB of the Jets last year NONE of our WRs would have put up the numbers Decker put up, and only Kerley would of had a break out year.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

All League
    While everyone is debating whether Decker is a #1 or a #2, they have not stopped to consider the possibility that maybe... just maybe... the Jets don't intend to use Decker as a #1. There is still a long way to go in free agency before the draft. Let's just wait and see what other moves the team makes before we start labeling Decker.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    I can't seem to find it right on the first page but I thought there was already a thread on Decker. This would've been perfect for that thread.
    That's about us signing him. It turned into a debate on his tv show. I'm talking football.
    Last edited by SBIII; 03-14-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Because whoever we sign they are never happy, we should of got someone else, in the meantime can we re-sign every ex-Jet going who had minimal success here and that no other team wants.

Bring back Keller...

Bring back Bray...

Being back Cotch...

Bring back Revis...

Bring back Brad Smith...

Only then are some happy.
    What about Kellen Clemons. .

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    What about Kellen Clemons. .
    Oh yeah forgot Kellen!

Bring back Kellen Clemons...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Def great move by our FO

Decker is slower (4.6) than many linebackers, and strikes fear into no one (especially the Pats now). He's got usually reliable hands, and has a league wide rep for whining about not getting calls ( penalties). He can't shake a fast DB, he was the recipient of Peyton throwing to him LY (Clyde Gates/David Nelson could catch 90 from Payton), he was the 3rd or 4th best receiver for Denver, and they didn't offer him SQUAT!! We blew good money and a starting position on a below average WR who will create more laughter than fear in our opponents! GOOGLE the dude, try "Decker overrated", read it and weep....shouldda stuck with David Nelson (same player) than shelling out for that dude..

Obviously we brought Decker here to improve our offense, but we need to improve the offense for Decker to do so.

He's not going to make our OL better, he's not going to make our RBs better (maybe teams won't stack the box QUITE so much) -- but if we strengthen the OL? If we getter better/more weapons in the backfield? We upgrade TE? Stephen Hill (or another speedy WR) more effectively lengthens the field? That should make is MUCH easier for Decker to put up numbers worthy of the contract we signed him to (if not better) . . .

All League
    I love the signing. He had a little over 600 yards the year before peyton with Tebow throwing him the ball.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He's the white Wayne Chrebet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunch of negative Nancys who don't like this signing. Something no one considers is that the WRs in Denver helped make Manning better than he has ever been stat wise. And now we got one of them...