Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Decker **merged post signing discussion**

All League
    I think the doubt with Decker is the unknown factor. Can he beat a double team? In Denver, he wasn't the guy teams were doubling and with soo many weapons, he was able to get free. Here, on our current roster, he's "the guy" which means he's definitely getting doubled. Guys like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Dez Byrant get doubled all the time and are still productive. The question is... can Decker be? We know he's not any of the guys I just mentioned, but can he beat double coverages and still be productive?

I like the signing. Still think we need more weapons. I think he'll be a great possession receiver and red zone target.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    I think the doubt with Decker is the unknown factor. Can he beat a double team? In Denver, he wasn't the guy teams were doubling and with soo many weapons, he was able to get free. Here, on our current roster, he's "the guy" which means he's definitely getting doubled. Guys like Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Dez Byrant get doubled all the time and are still productive. The question is... can Decker be? We know he's not any of the guys I just mentioned, but can he beat double coverages and still be productive?

I like the signing. Still think we need more weapons. I think he'll be a great possession receiver and red zone target.
    If anyone thinks he would be or should be comparable to Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Dez Byrant and if he's not at that level he should be doubted they're the ones who should be doubted. Why does every player the Jets sign have to be either elite or a scrub. What happened to the areas I between? That's what gets me when the press goes off like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Close to 5?

Ran a 4.54 40, high of 4.6 and low of 4.45. Find a different argument, this is pointless, he's fast enough and has the size to put up impressive numbers.
    I don't think Decker worked out at the combine or Minnesota's pro day. No one knows what his 40 time is.

The guy makes plays.
    People are questioning how his whole reality tv thing is gonna affect him.
    It doesn't look like it affected him last year, but now he's in NY with all of the parasites.
    He is out to prove that he's not a product of Peyton tho, so that is VERY good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Of course Peyton Manning will make a receiver a better receiver. But don't take away the fact that Eric Decker catches EVERYTHING. He makes really tough catches and consistently. Im sick of everyone saying he can't be a #1... as if we all watched him so closely before Peyton got there. We know Geno can make the throws.. and we all saw how many drops our receivers had.

No matter what anyone thinks..regardless if they wanted him or not.. Eric Decker instantly becomes the best receiver we have had in a while. And give Geno the benefit of the doubt...he had NO BODY to throw to. Kerley was our best frigging receiver (not a sleight towards Jeremy..he's awesome) but man..give him Decker, give him Marqise Lee?! or some other top WR at 18.. and let's get a passing game going. Let's put Geno's arm to good use.

Couldn't agree more!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    Decker is slower (4.6) than many linebackers, and strikes fear into no one (especially the Pats now). He's got usually reliable hands, and has a league wide rep for whining about not getting calls ( penalties). He can't shake a fast DB, he was the recipient of Peyton throwing to him LY (Clyde Gates/David Nelson could catch 90 from Payton), he was the 3rd or 4th best receiver for Denver, and they didn't offer him SQUAT!! We blew good money and a starting position on a below average WR who will create more laughter than fear in our opponents! GOOGLE the dude, try "Decker overrated", read it and weep....shouldda stuck with David Nelson (same player) than shelling out for that dude..
    There are plenty of 4.4 guys who play slow. Jerry Rice was not a speed demon, neither was Wayne Chrebet.

Because decker, while being a nice addition, is not a number 1 wr. At best a number 2 really a good number 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    The guy makes plays.
    People are questioning how his whole reality tv thing is gonna affect him.
    It doesn't look like it affected him last year, but now he's in NY with all of the parasites.
    He is out to prove that he's not a product of Peyton tho, so that is VERY good for us.
    Crack right? How many rocks a day u average

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Crack right? How many rocks a day u average
    It's not healthy to think in terms of rocks? Did I stutter.
    Have an orange before they go bad, OH, and stop showing school kiddies pron.
    The media will have a field day, no question.

It's not healthy to think in terms of rocks? Did I stutter.
    Have an orange before they go bad, OH, and stop showing school kiddies pron.
    The media will have a field day, no question.
    More or less than 4? If u do more than 4 obama has a program to help you. The moderator 32, however, might make a personal attack thought. He dumb. He hypocrite

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nice highlight reel (on mute) ... How many times watching players do you say ... Why the h*ll didn't he just do "this" ???

Well F*ckin' Decker just does "this"!!! ... love it!

Does anybody know what other teams had interest in Decker?

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Nice highlight reel (on mute) ... How many times watching players do you say ... Why the h*ll didn't he just do "this" ???

Well F*ckin' Decker just does "this"!!! ... love it!
    Hell yeah, heard that!
    Especially the MUTE part... good god!

Hell yeah, heard that!
    Especially the MUTE part... good god!
    MUTE!!! So true. I don't know if any of y'all have played recent installments of Madden but that's exactly the crummy sort of muzak that occurs in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Thanks for such an insightful reply. Yeap 4.54 40 time should be good enough to outrun some of the slower LB's...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Why the hell would his 40 time from 5 years ago matter now anyhow. It's like looking at a job applicant who's been out of school for 3 years and asking for SATs.

Because decker, while being a nice addition, is not a number 1 wr. At best a number 2 really a good number 3
    Stop putting numbers on the WR's people. There are only 6 true #1's in this league that can still dominate without any real talent opposite of them. Decker is definitely not that type of player. Only thing that matters is he is a weapon on this team and we obviously need more.

More or less than 4? If u do more than 4 obama has a program to help you. The moderator 32, however, might make a personal attack thought. He dumb. He hypocrite
    HALOL! Did not know what you were talking bout but now I do.

From my standpoint, how can you possibly question bringing in Decker. Absolutely best choice out there and we got him. Keep building this way and we'll have a winner. Great pick up no question. Love the guy

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Just some free advice to the Jets, they should also sign Edelman to pair with Decker, he is better than Kerly, you can find plays for him in the open field with screens, and quick passes, and he is the best punt returner in the league. I think the same money they just paid Decker will work with Julian, and the Niners will not go that high.
    Edelman can't hold Kerly's jock....if Kerley had Brady throwing to him last year his numbers would have been huge!!!He's always open...but doesn't always get the ball because he was playing with a rookie.Peddle your crap elsewhere Patsie.....

Change of approach with Decker on board.

Ok, the Patriots are building a physical secondary with the signing of Revis & Browner.
    This makes me realize that now we need to get really fast at WR.
    We've all seen the wide receivers that have the most success vs Revis, smaller really quick or fast WRs.
    His toughest matchups in the AFC east were Stevie Johnson & Welker if he got matched up with him.
    Idzik going to see Texas Techs Amaro hints that the Jets are REALLY going on the offensive.
    With the 6'-3" physical Decker on board we need to get a couple more strong speedsters.
    Now more than ever either Cooks or Beckham should be the pick @ 18 & hopefully Idzik is thinking of moving back up into the bottom of the 1st to grab a TE like Amaro.
    We need as many "hands" guys as we can get.
    Decker & Kerley are very good pass catchers. Amaro is a pass catching TE with really good size.
    Cooks & OB were incredible catching in the gauntlet during the combine & although short are very strong & tough (Steve Smith like), the type of guys that Browner can't stay with & who's quick cutting ability forces Belichick to try to use Revis on.
    It's about time that the Jets put an offense on the field that forces BB to adjust to MM! You put Decker-Kerley-Cooks/OB- Amaro out there it's like night & day compared to last year.
    Add MJD as a 3rd down back with that group & you have a much better group in 2014 than you had in the AFCCG.
    In Idzik we trust.