Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysian Air flight 370??????

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    i have a feeling this thin g will be found in the next 72 hrs
    according to reports out of oz its going to be much sooner than 72 hrs

All League
    Australia , wow! So obviously ran out of fuel, but how did it get to that point?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    Australia , wow! So obviously ran out of fuel, but how did it get to that point?
    It flew there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    i have a feeling this thin g will be found in the next 72 hrs
    Way to go out on a limb.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It flew there.

LOL

All League
    Ah blow to those itching for this to have been a terrorist attack.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 03-20-2014 at 07:51 AM.

I don't believe what they found in Australia is the plane. Too big, but we'll see.

I believe the timing being reported is all wrong and Im leaning towards electrical fire, pilots tried to save it, no time... The plane flew on its own, crashed in the ocean.

It's the most logical explanation without creating a bunch of conspiracy theories.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I don't believe what they found in Australia is the plane. Too big, but we'll see.

I believe the timing being reported is all wrong and Im leaning towards electrical fire, pilots tried to save it, no time... The plane flew on its own, crashed in the ocean.

It's the most logical explanation without creating a bunch of conspiracy theories.
    The biggest debris was 24 m, why would that be too big?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    If it crashed in the ocean, the debris is likely in smaller chunks than that. Maybe a piece of wing that size, but you'd have to be lucky.

Because when planes crash, they crumble into small pieces.
    The only way it might leave large debris is if a pilot was actively trying to make a water landing and touched down at 100 mph.
    The idea that they ran out of fuel is a good one, but if so, I think they hit hard.

There's a lot crap in the water, this could just as easily be a container that fell off a vessel.

I'm not an expert, just my general thought. I hope I'm wrong and the mystery can be solved. I'm just hesitant as it seems that everyone wants to be the first to break something.

They've said this area is a gyre, or a spot in the ocean with a circular current where flotsam and jetsam will gather. The size of the debris seen from the satelite is pretty big as MM has said - if it is from the plane that would be unusual as MM has said possibly? Normally when you see footage of these things the plane has broken up into smaller bits?

Having said that flying a plane out there would be one way to make it disappear for 2 weeks. I have flown out into the Indian Ocean, albeit much further north, to the Abrolhos Islands, and there is literally nothing for hundreds and hundreds of miles apart from wildlife. Out there in the search area is one of the most remote places on the surface of the planet.

If this is indeed the plane one wonders what was going onboard as it neared its resting place. The relatives will be absolutely stricken with grief if this news proves to be true. Whatever has happened I do hope they find out something of what did happen not only to give relatives and friends a measure of closure but also to stop it from occuring in future.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    If it crashed in the ocean, the debris is likely in smaller chunks than that. Maybe a piece of wing that size, but you'd have to be lucky.
    The only way it might leave large debris is if a pilot was actively trying to make a water landing and touched down at 100 mph.
    The idea that they ran out of fuel is a good one, but if so, I think they hit hard.

There's a lot crap in the water, this could just as easily be a container that fell off a vessel.

I'm not an expert, just my general thought. I hope I'm wrong and the mystery can be solved. I'm just hesitant as it seems that everyone wants to be the first to break something.
    Got it, thanks.

Shipping containers come in 20, 40 and sometimes a slightly longer than 40 foot. Impossible to be one.

Still, after seeing they picks, i really donk know how they even see it. It looks like a wave or something....i dunno. Odd

It has to be something - pretty sure our government here think they have something very very credible, else you wouldn't find our cheif politician announcing it to the world. If that particular bit from the satelite picture isn't the plane, I'm damn sure they are certain it went down around that area.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Maybe the Sea Shepards and Japanese Whalers could come together to join in the search. This is their part of the world.

All League
    Maybe it's a piece of a plane, placed there by gov't officials to hide where MH370 really went....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    They've said this area is a gyre, or a spot in the ocean with a circular current where flotsam and jetsam will gather. The size of the debris seen from the satelite is pretty big as MM has said - if it is from the plane that would be unusual as MM has said possibly? Normally when you see footage of these things the plane has broken up into smaller bits?

Having said that flying a plane out there would be one way to make it disappear for 2 weeks. I have flown out into the Indian Ocean, albeit much further north, to the Abrolhos Islands, and there is literally nothing for hundreds and hundreds of miles apart from wildlife. Out there in the search area is one of the most remote places on the surface of the planet.

If this is indeed the plane one wonders what was going onboard as it neared its resting place. The relatives will be absolutely stricken with grief if this news proves to be true. Whatever has happened I do hope they find out something of what did happen not only to give relatives and friends a measure of closure but also to stop it from occuring in future.
    just hope that what some of you reported in this thread about a fire, plane loses cabin pressure, all just fall asleep, ala Payne Stewart. Imagine being alive waiting for this thing to run out of fuel?? Egad!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Maybe it's a piece of a plane, placed there by gov't officials to hide where MH370 really went....

Veteran
    I was thinking the same thing. I think 24m would be a round about figure. A lot of times the tails are intact and floating, my "guess" is that if it is the plane it is tail.

I Googled some dimensions for you guys.
    Basic Dimensions
    Wing Span 199 ft 11 in (60.9 m)
    Overall Length 209 ft 1 in (63.7 m)
    Tail Height 60 ft 9 in (18.5 m)
    Interior Cabin Width 19 ft 3 in (5.86 m)
    Diameter 20 ft 4 in (6.19 m)

If it is debris, why Hijack just run it out of gas? how does the flt crew become incapacitated and the plane change course, almost impossible? this thing is wild, anyone's guess.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I think 24m would be a round about figure. A lot of times the tails are intact and floating, my "guess" is that if it is the plane it is tail.

I Googled some dimensions for you guys.
    Basic Dimensions
    Wing Span 199 ft 11 in (60.9 m)
    Overall Length 209 ft 1 in (63.7 m)
    Tail Height 60 ft 9 in (18.5 m)
    Interior Cabin Width 19 ft 3 in (5.86 m)
    Diameter 20 ft 4 in (6.19 m)

If it is debris, why Hijack just run it out of gas? how does the flt crew become incapacitated and the plane change course, almost impossible? this thing is wild, anyone's guess.
    I probably missed it, but what is your take on the theory of a cockpit fire (or some other major event) where the pilots re-set the computer to the nearest airport but were unable to do anything else (like communicate) before being overcome?

Is that plausible at all to you?

Hall Of Fame
    Rather than having all these slow ships canvasing the ocean why don't we use some drones. We should have drones that could land on water. They have use mini subs in the past to investigate the crashes.