Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 297

Thread: Malaysian Air flight 370??????

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    There are transponders on the CVR's and FDR's (Black Boxes, that are actually orange) that ping for 30+ days, these are activated once they hit water and are pretty fail safe. Each box has one so there are multiple should one fail. There are other beacons on emergency equipment as well, life rafts/slides, that will activate as well when submerged. In such shallow depths these pings should be heard for miles. I am sure every sub is listening in for these pings. Very odd, I have been saying for days the plane is on land, but I could be wrong.

    I have been in Aviation a pretty long time, 85-87 and again 95-2012, follow a lot of the stories and trends. Every water crash has revealed debris in 24-48hrs, even Air France that sank in the middle of no where in 24k + feet of water revealed debris almost right away, it took forever to find the plane.
    Good post.

    Air Crash Investigation is a great show. Even after watching a bunch of those, this might be the craziest crash (if it crashed) I've ever heard of.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We are also assuming the Malays and Chinese are being honest. I wouldn't trust those people as fas as I could throw them.

    That plane is getting weaponized somewhere.
    You are really nuts sometimes, you know that?

  3. #43
    Its the damn Iranians.

  4. #44
    The plane is in Iran. Theyare fitting it with nuclear material and painted and disguised as another plane. It will be megaton dirty bomb intended for Israel or the United States. When Iran develops a real bomb, it will be worse.
    Last edited by Heynowguy; 03-15-2014 at 06:13 AM.

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Read a good chunk of that thread.
    In essence, they pretty much made clear that the plane flew for 4 hrs. At 500 mph, that 2000 miles. They also said there are tons of dead radar spots. Most only cover a 200 miles radius.
    Assuming that is accurate information then the plane could have flow way out over the ocean and went down anywhere. If you expect to find debris in the middle of nowhere,think again. Certainly, something will be found in the near future but not yesterday.

    I dont know why the black box isnt working though....
    Unfortunately it is not as cut and dry as you make it, that is what is making it so fascinating. As for dead spots in the radar, there really are none, not in that part of the world and not at those heights. Civilian radar yes, millinery no. We are talking Sea,s, not Oceans, shallow waters, lots of surrounding land, we are not talking middle of Pacific, Atlantic, relatively small areas in comparison to our great oceans to search in. This is very odd, extremely odd and more and more like a hijacking everyday day, in fact I would give my last $$ on the odds it was foul play.
    1, does not explode in mid air, 777, debris all over the place, fire on water would be visible for first few hrs from space sats.
    2, loss of power and crash into the ocean. All the commercial act have what's called a RAT thar drops from the belly when all power is lost, it is seen rurally a generator with a propellor on it that power all key controls and communications. Pilots could have had time to mayday and belly land.
    Years ago an A340 lost all power at 41k feet due to a loose fuel line, it glided safely into the Azores from 41k.

    There is so much telling me it is on land, but even with all cell phone taken, you have to think once in range of cell towers one is going to get a waiting signal through.

    But if in water, where are all the tell tail signs, the pings, the debris, the fuel.

    Bottom line, Dickkotote, this is baffling and interesting because in this day in age, this just does not happen, whoever pulled this off was good and knew their shiit. At first it was just a lost plane, now it's a game of Clue.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Unfortunately it is not as cut and dry as you make it, that is what is making it so fascinating. As for dead spots in the radar, there really are none, not in that part of the world and not at those heights. Civilian radar yes, millinery no. We are talking Sea,s, not Oceans, shallow waters, lots of surrounding land, we are not talking middle of Pacific, Atlantic, relatively small areas in comparison to our great oceans to search in. This is very odd, extremely odd and more and more like a hijacking everyday day, in fact I would give my last $$ on the odds it was foul play.
    1, does not explode in mid air, 777, debris all over the place, fire on water would be visible for first few hrs from space sats.
    2, loss of power and crash into the ocean. All the commercial act have what's called a RAT thar drops from the belly when all power is lost, it is seen rurally a generator with a propellor on it that power all key controls and communications. Pilots could have had time to mayday and belly land.
    Years ago an A340 lost all power at 41k feet due to a loose fuel line, it glided safely into the Azores from 41k.

    There is so much telling me it is on land, but even with all cell phone taken, you have to think once in range of cell towers one is going to get a waiting signal through.

    But if in water, where are all the tell tail signs, the pings, the debris, the fuel.

    Bottom line, Dickkotote, this is baffling and interesting because in this day in age, this just does not happen, whoever pulled this off was good and knew their shiit. At first it was just a lost plane, now it's a game of Clue.
    So the pilot, then?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    The plane is in Iran. Theyare fitting it with nuclear material and painted and disguised as another plane. It will be megaton dirty bomb intended for Israel or the United States. When Iran develops a real bomb, it will be worse.
    This.

    And they were even talking about how they were going to ramp up their holy way by using passenger planes. Could get ugly. Would be funny if they accidentally nuked themselves.

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    So the pilot, then?
    No clue, but very possible and very sorry for all the grammar error in the last post.

    Another slick thing I thought of. I am the pilot with a co-pilot, I have a small group of people with me and we are taking over a plane. You have to get rid of everyone on the plane and they mean nothing to you. At 35000 feet simply depressurize the plane, let the masks fall and do NOT descend. After however long it takes for the O2 to run out with the masks you will have a full plane of dead passengers. All the masks that drop are fed off what are called oxygen generators, slightly larger than coke sized canes of compressed oxygen that offers enough air for you to breath while the pilot brings the plane to safe altitudes, more of a rescue deal. The whole flt crew works off oxygen bottles that have way more time on them. pretty neat if you think about it. At 35000 ft you have maybe a min without a mask, so its not even like you can hold your breath. Its actually genius, you and your co-pilot are locked in the cockpit while everyone outside simply suffocates and freezes stiff as a board, then fly away.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    No clue, but very possible and very sorry for all the grammar error in the last post.

    Another slick thing I thought of. I am the pilot with a co-pilot, I have a small group of people with me and we are taking over a plane. You have to get rid of everyone on the plane and they mean nothing to you. At 35000 feet simply depressurize the plane, let the masks fall and do NOT descend. After however long it takes for the O2 to run out with the masks you will have a full plane of dead passengers. All the masks that drop are fed off what are called oxygen generators, slightly larger than coke sized canes of compressed oxygen that offers enough air for you to breath while the pilot brings the plane to safe altitudes, more of a rescue deal. The whole flt crew works off oxygen bottles that have way more time on them. pretty neat if you think about it. At 35000 ft you have maybe a min without a mask, so its not even like you can hold your breath. Its actually genius, you and your co-pilot are locked in the cockpit while everyone outside simply suffocates and freezes stiff as a board, then fly away.
    I actually wondered about that. And I figured they might have just tossed them into the ocean.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    No clue, but very possible and very sorry for all the grammar error in the last post.

    Another slick thing I thought of. I am the pilot with a co-pilot, I have a small group of people with me and we are taking over a plane. You have to get rid of everyone on the plane and they mean nothing to you. At 35000 feet simply depressurize the plane, let the masks fall and do NOT descend. After however long it takes for the O2 to run out with the masks you will have a full plane of dead passengers. All the masks that drop are fed off what are called oxygen generators, slightly larger than coke sized canes of compressed oxygen that offers enough air for you to breath while the pilot brings the plane to safe altitudes, more of a rescue deal. The whole flt crew works off oxygen bottles that have way more time on them. pretty neat if you think about it. At 35000 ft you have maybe a min without a mask, so its not even like you can hold your breath. Its actually genius, you and your co-pilot are locked in the cockpit while everyone outside simply suffocates and freezes stiff as a board, then fly away.
    Interesting. soooo, where were you on the night of March 8th?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    No clue, but very possible and very sorry for all the grammar error in the last post.

    Another slick thing I thought of. I am the pilot with a co-pilot, I have a small group of people with me and we are taking over a plane. You have to get rid of everyone on the plane and they mean nothing to you. At 35000 feet simply depressurize the plane, let the masks fall and do NOT descend. After however long it takes for the O2 to run out with the masks you will have a full plane of dead passengers. All the masks that drop are fed off what are called oxygen generators, slightly larger than coke sized canes of compressed oxygen that offers enough air for you to breath while the pilot brings the plane to safe altitudes, more of a rescue deal. The whole flt crew works off oxygen bottles that have way more time on them. pretty neat if you think about it. At 35000 ft you have maybe a min without a mask, so its not even like you can hold your breath. Its actually genius, you and your co-pilot are locked in the cockpit while everyone outside simply suffocates and freezes stiff as a board, then fly away.
    Although unintentional, I believe that's what happened to Helios flight 522. There is an Air Crash Investigation episode called "Ghost Plane" I believe on it. As someone else mentioned, I love those types of shows, and this seems extremely plausible, albeit, not sure why they would kill the hostages though. That's their bargaining chip (not for money, but time most likely) for whatever sinister idea they came up with, since first and foremost hostage negotiators are told to delay as much as possible so people can come to their senses or they can set up a tactical response.

    What's puzzling to me is that, obviously the person who did this was a pilot, but he would also know when the plane would be running out of fuel, and know how to calculate the remaining amount of fuel, so how would they crash in the middle of nowhere. But to make it to a hostile country, they have to pass over India I believe, unless they did a dog leg right in the Arabian sea, but that might take up too much fuel. I think they may have headed for Somalia instead, which would've given then a clear path below these countries in open seas at night, and they've been know for hijackings before as well.

    Extremely curious as to how this turns out.

  12. #52
    Nobody has mentioned the possibility of the CO-PILOT as a mole here, eh?
    Seems obvious to me.

    Kill the pilot, take over the plane, bring back to motherland for weaponizing.

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    Although unintentional, I believe that's what happened to Helios flight 522. There is an Air Crash Investigation episode called "Ghost Plane" I believe on it. As someone else mentioned, I love those types of shows, and this seems extremely plausible, albeit, not sure why they would kill the hostages though. That's their bargaining chip (not for money, but time most likely) for whatever sinister idea they came up with, since first and foremost hostage negotiators are told to delay as much as possible so people can come to their senses or they can set up a tactical response.

    What's puzzling to me is that, obviously the person who did this was a pilot, but he would also know when the plane would be running out of fuel, and know how to calculate the remaining amount of fuel, so how would they crash in the middle of nowhere. But to make it to a hostile country, they have to pass over India I believe, unless they did a dog leg right in the Arabian sea, but that might take up too much fuel. I think they may have headed for Somalia instead, which would've given then a clear path below these countries in open seas at night, and they've been know for hijackings before as well.

    Extremely curious as to how this turns out.
    Hence no defense, or calls, or text from passengers half could have been sleeping all ripe for the taking.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Nobody has mentioned the possibility of Revis and Belichick, eh?
    Seems obvious to me.

    Kill the pilot, take over the plane, bring back to Foxboro for weaponizing.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LOL!!!

    Those knuckleheads don't worry me one bit! Your team is weaker than it was 3 days ago.

  16. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Interesting. soooo, where were you on the night of March 8th?
    Ha ha, drinking cherry moonshine at home. lol.

  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    Although unintentional, I believe that's what happened to Helios flight 522. There is an Air Crash Investigation episode called "Ghost Plane" I believe on it. As someone else mentioned, I love those types of shows, and this seems extremely plausible, albeit, not sure why they would kill the hostages though. That's their bargaining chip (not for money, but time most likely) for whatever sinister idea they came up with, since first and foremost hostage negotiators are told to delay as much as possible so people can come to their senses or they can set up a tactical response.

    What's puzzling to me is that, obviously the person who did this was a pilot, but he would also know when the plane would be running out of fuel, and know how to calculate the remaining amount of fuel, so how would they crash in the middle of nowhere. But to make it to a hostile country, they have to pass over India I believe, unless they did a dog leg right in the Arabian sea, but that might take up too much fuel. I think they may have headed for Somalia instead, which would've given then a clear path below these countries in open seas at night, and they've been know for hijackings before as well.

    Extremely curious as to how this turns out.
    Pain Stewart, this is what happened to Pain Stewart.

  18. #58
    I'm thinking this was a test run. I really think the next wave of plane terrorism and possibly next 9/11 is where they convert pilots because they have easy access and clearance. It would be easy to slam a plane into a building if the pilot was involved.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,912
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You are really nuts sometimes, you know that?
    Really not sure why you would feel this isn't a plausible possibility.

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,694
    So it looks like it was no mechanical issue.

    In addition to checking out the pilots, I would focus on the passengers, and any possible cargo.

    I'm still not convinced it landed safely on the ground, though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us