Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: JETS need 1 more playmaker WR!!!

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Why? Serious question, not trying to start a fight.
    I believe in production over potential. While I do love obj and cooks, marquise lee was one of the most productive and explosive receivers in college football during his freshman and sophomore seasons. He got injured during his junior season and still put up respectable numbers but didn't look the same. Once he had time to rest and heal he looked like the same explosive player he was during his first 2 seasons where he was arguably the best receiver in college football.

    Now I admit if lee didn't return to form in that bowl game proving it was the injury that held him back then I would feel more questionable about him. However knowing it really was the injury helps me believe he is still that same playmaker that everyone loved his first 2 years. I also know people have a problem with USC receivers but every once in awhile that trend stops. Jeff tedfords cal qbs had an awful nfl track record until Rogers blew up. Last year Robert woods was good for the bills and I think marquise lee is much better.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    i'd rather evans of beckham as well, but if we got cooks, benjamin, robinson, or adams in the second i'd be ok. Does cook play fast like decker? If he can get open and lose CBs to utilize his speed that'd be nice. OBJ is safer imo. what'd you think
    Cooks is going in the first round, I'd be shocked if he was in the mix for our second but stranger things have happened.

  3. #23
    Haven't we all learned that speed is at least the 3rd on the list of most important skills to be a successful WR. How about hands and route running? I'd rather have a guy who is going to catch the ball 99% of the time, run great routes and only run a 4.6 then a guy who runs a 4.2 but drops passes and is not a great route runner. The most important attribute to surround a young QB with, especially at WR, is consistency. That's why I hope they bring in another veteran WR instead of counting on a rookie, no matter what round he's drafted in.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I believe in production over potential. While I do love obj and cooks, marquise lee was one of the most productive and explosive receivers in college football during his freshman and sophomore seasons. He got injured during his junior season and still put up respectable numbers but didn't look the same. Once he had time to rest and heal he looked like the same explosive player he was during his first 2 seasons where he was arguably the best receiver in college football.

    Now I admit if lee didn't return to form in that bowl game proving it was the injury that held him back then I would feel more questionable about him. However knowing it really was the injury helps me believe he is still that same playmaker that everyone loved his first 2 years. I also know people have a problem with USC receivers but every once in awhile that trend stops. Jeff tedfords cal qbs had an awful nfl track record until Rogers blew up. Last year Robert woods was good for the bills and I think marquise lee is much better.
    Thanks. Some good points.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    Haven't we all learned that speed is at least the 3rd on the list of most important skills to be a successful WR. How about hands and route running? I'd rather have a guy who is going to catch the ball 99% of the time, run great routes and only run a 4.6 then a guy who runs a 4.2 but drops passes and is not a great route runner. The most important attribute to surround a young QB with, especially at WR, is consistency. That's why I hope they bring in another veteran WR instead of counting on a rookie, no matter what round he's drafted in.
    That's Jarvis Landry. He'd be a great addition too.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Why? Serious question, not trying to start a fight.
    I wish I could find the recent article but one of these draftniks wrote why he liked Lee..Lee dominated right out of the gate at USC as a Freshman...He had a disappointing Jr season because of 1) nagging injuries 2) piss poor QB play...and he plays faster than any 40 time..Two examples of that..Hill plays much slower than his 40 and Jerry Rice played faster than his 40 time...

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    1. no more fast guys who cant run routes
    2. no more body catchers
    3. guys who attack the ball

    who cares what they run in a straight line??
    This is exactly right. Number 3 is the most important. In today's NFL guys aren't open all that much - the ones who attack the ball make plays when covered

  8. #28
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    62
    According to a tweet on Bleacher Report, we've been 'all over' Cooks...

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,925
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    That's Jarvis Landry. He'd be a great addition too.
    I was very happy he had such a poor 40 time. Love to pick him up in the 3rd, or 4th round. Reminds me of Bolden.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,925
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I wish I could find the recent article but one of these draftniks wrote why he liked Lee..Lee dominated right out of the gate at USC as a Freshman...He had a disappointing Jr season because of 1) nagging injuries 2) piss poor QB play...and he plays faster than any 40 time..Two examples of that..Hill plays much slower than his 40 and Jerry Rice played faster than his 40 time...
    I think Lee is very close to Watkins. Would be a steal at 18.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think Lee is very close to Watkins. Would be a steal at 18.
    I'd be happy with Lee/Cooks/Beckham
    I trust these guys judgement if it is a WR, hopefully we move back into the 1st right before the Patriots & grab Amaro!

  12. #32
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I'd be happy with Lee/Cooks/Beckham
    I trust these guys judgement if it is a WR, hopefully we move back into the 1st right before the Patriots & grab Amaro!
    I could live with that!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I was very happy he had such a poor 40 time. Love to pick him up in the 3rd, or 4th round. Reminds me of Bolden.
    Mayock had Landry tied with (his teammate) OBJ for the 5th overall best WR, would love to grab him in the third or fourth.

  14. #34
    WTF we could have had Nicks on a 1 year deal. This is bullsh*t

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    WTF we could have had Nicks on a 1 year deal. This is bullsh*t
    Says who? Just because he signed one with Colts doesnt mean he would do that here. You think in a one year prove yourself contract he would come to a team with a 2nd year qb like Geno?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think Lee is very close to Watkins. Would be a steal at 18.
    Not only is Watkins way better than Lee I take Mike Evans over Lee any day of the week.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Says who? Just because he signed one with Colts doesnt mean he would do that here. You think in a one year prove yourself contract he would come to a team with a 2nd year qb like Geno?
    Give me a friggin break Nicks was going to whoever was offering him money even if its just a one or two year deal. Even if assuming your right, which is not the case but he argument's sake, Jets getting Nicks on a 2-year deal would have been a safe investment with high reward.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us