Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 105

Thread: raiders looking at mark sanchez ? ? ?

  1. #21
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's no starter right now, everyone knows that.

    But tell me what NFL backup that's available is more qualified than Mark Sanchez. You can't. He knows the playbook, he knows the personnel, he knows the coaches, he was a good soldier last year, he supported Geno, he wasn't a distraction. He's a good backup with some potential upside. And who knows- perhaps with a strong OC and a decent running game he can return to the form we saw when we went on a tear and were an elite AFC team for 2 seasons.

    SAR I
    He wants to start for a team. That's not available here -The Raiders would let him compete for the job.
    Last edited by thegoldengod; 03-14-2014 at 10:30 PM.

  2. #22
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldengod View Post
    He wants to start for a team. That's not available here -The Raiders would let him compete for the job.
    If Geno Smith looks as bad in camp this year as he did last year, Mark would be in contention for the starting job, a job he won only 7 months ago, folks.

    Not only might Mark be the most qualified backup candidate for the Jets but also the Jets might be the best destination for any ex-NFL starter to win a starting job. Win-win scenario for both parties if you think about it.

    SAR I

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,274
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's no starter right now, everyone knows that.

    But tell me what NFL backup that's available is more qualified than Mark Sanchez. You can't. He knows the playbook, he knows the personnel, he knows the coaches, he was a good soldier last year, he supported Geno, he wasn't a distraction. He's a good backup with some potential upside. And who knows- perhaps with a strong OC and a decent running game he can return to the form we saw when we went on a tear and were an elite AFC team for 2 seasons.

    SAR I

  4. #24
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Please give me positive rep.

    SAR I

    Negative rep'd.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is the best available backup for the New York Jets. Therefore, we do care for him.

    And practicing against our secondary will build his confidence immensely.

    SAR I
    I like your style

  6. #26
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    I like your style
    I'm smart. Pity we're surrounded by such stupidity.

    SAR I

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,391
    I'm in the camp of wanting Sanchez as our backup with the associated backup level compensation. I have a hard time thinking that Sanchez will accept backup pay and a backup role. He believes he's a starter....and for 3 or 4 NFL teams, maybe he is.

    Everyone keeps talking about how much salary cap space the Jets have and why they haven't used it....Is there any chance that the Jets simply keep Mark at his current pay? Geno is on a 2nd round, rookie deal that pays him pretty much like a mid-level backup QB. In totality, we could look at the QB position and say that we're paying starting money to one guy, backup money to another just like most teams, except that we're paying them in the reverse of their roles.

  8. #28
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'm in the camp of wanting Sanchez as our backup with the associated backup level compensation. I have a hard time thinking that Sanchez will accept backup pay and a backup role. He believes he's a starter....and for 3 or 4 NFL teams, maybe he is.

    Everyone keeps talking about how much salary cap space the Jets have and why they haven't used it....Is there any chance that the Jets simply keep Mark at his current pay? Geno is on a 2nd round, rookie deal that pays him pretty much like a mid-level backup QB. In totality, we could look at the QB position and say that we're paying starting money to one guy, backup money to another just like most teams, except that we're paying them in the reverse of their roles.
    Here's what we know:

    1. If Geno Smith hadn't unexpectedly fallen to the Jets, we weren't going to draft him.

    2. Mark Sanchez won the quarterback competition only 7 months ago before he was injured.

    3. Geno Smith did nothing in a 16 game season to inspire confidence that he is an NFL franchise quarterback.

    4. Rex and Marty and the rest of the coaching staff are on a prove-it-every-season leach.

    5. There are no quarterbacks available that are guaranteed to be better than Mark Sanchez.

    Put another way, if Mark Sanchez didn't have a huge bonus and a big payout for 2014, the Jets wouldn't cut him. So if he makes himself affordable, stands to reason they'd keep him.

    SAR I

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Negative rep'd.
    LOL. What's his next move? Complaining to you about your 'personal attack' on him?

  10. #30
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    LOL. What's his next move? Complaining to you about your 'personal attack' on him?
    How's your hoof?

    SAR I

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bucks County, Pa
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    March 25, I believe.

    It makes sense for Idzik to wait until the last minute because if we wind up with no potential backup QB's left that are a good fit our best remaining option would be to renegotiate with Sanchez just before he hits the market. No incentive for us to let him go early.

    SAR I
    SAR, other than the back-and-forth we had about season ticket holders and longevity of paying for tickets...I agree with you very often.

  12. #32
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northwest New Jersey
    Posts
    161
    Dump sanchez and end all this insanity and sign Jason Campbell and let him compete with Geno. End of discussion......................


    jf

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here's what we know:

    1. If Geno Smith hadn't unexpectedly fallen to the Jets, we weren't going to draft him.

    2. Mark Sanchez won the quarterback competition only 7 months ago before he was injured.

    3. Geno Smith did nothing in a 16 game season to inspire confidence that he is an NFL franchise quarterback.

    4. Rex and Marty and the rest of the coaching staff are on a prove-it-every-season leach.

    5. There are no quarterbacks available that are guaranteed to be better than Mark Sanchez.

    Put another way, if Mark Sanchez didn't have a huge bonus and a big payout for 2014, the Jets wouldn't cut him. So if he makes himself affordable, stands to reason they'd keep him.

    SAR I
    The ONLY person associated with the Jets that said this was Sanchez HIMSELF.....get off your high horse.Mornhinweg said Geno won the job....that's why Sanchez was playing with the rest of the scrubs against the Giants.I think the intelligent people on the board will take Marty's word over Sanchez on that subject................

  14. #34
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
    SAR, other than the back-and-forth we had about season ticket holders and longevity of paying for tickets...I agree with you very often.
    Thank you. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

    SAR I

  15. #35
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfellow View Post
    Dump sanchez and end all this insanity and sign Jason Campbell and let him compete with Geno. End of discussion......................

    jf
    Just because Mark Sanchez embarrassed you on ESPN during a Thanksgiving shellacking in which the defense played far worse than he did doesn't mean he's not the best backup QB option for the Jets in 2014.

    And next time you look up at the Ring Of Honor, try to remember that Mark Sanchez has better credentials than Klecko, McNeil, Gastineau, Walker, Lyons, Martin, and Toon in his short Jets career. We know how neglected the offense was in 2011 and 2012. He didn't have an NFL offense to command, he had no chance to succeed. But yeah, let's run the second-best quarterback in team history out of town before we get a chance to see what he can do with a real offensive coordinator, yeah, that's a great idea. He is getting cut because of his contract, not because of his ability.

    SAR I

  16. #36
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman1 View Post
    The ONLY person associated with the Jets that said this was Sanchez HIMSELF.....get off your high horse.Mornhinweg said Geno won the job....that's why Sanchez was playing with the rest of the scrubs against the Giants.I think the intelligent people on the board will take Marty's word over Sanchez on that subject................
    Anyone who was sober and had functioning eyes knew that Geno Smith was riding the pine in Week 1 and that Mark Sanchez was going to get the starting job. Geno was that bad.

    SAR I

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Anyone who was sober and had functioning eyes knew that Geno Smith was riding the pine in Week 1 and that Mark Sanchez was going to get the starting job. Geno was that bad.

    SAR I
    Wait I thought Sanchez won the job...based on your statement here it's not that Sanchez won the job it's that Geno lost it...remember the patented Sanchez pick on a screen pass vs lions second play of first preseason game? That was epically predictable...in fact I wonder if Sanchez hold the all time record for most picks thrown to dlineman in a career.

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,798
    Sanchez separated his shoulder.

    The shoulder he throws the football with.

    How is it?

  19. #39

  20. #40
    How would you see them unless you were at every practice in training camp...Geno was hurt for the first two games.When he did play he had a pretty badly sprained ankle and had lost a lot of valuable time being limited in practice?Geno was winning the job from everyone's perspective that atttended training camp and posted here before his injury.You're also forgetting how badly Sanchez himself played in the preseason.....remember the typical Sanchez Screen to a wide open defensive end for 6 points in the preseason?I know we all do......

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us