Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: raiders looking at mark sanchez ? ? ?

Practice Squad
    Sanchez played so poorly in the last 2 seasons he played that not only did he nullify the playoff success he experienced in the first two years, but he cost Tanny his job and forced the Jets to draft a QB last year (unthinkable after the 2010 season).

Mark can't be a backup here. Anytime Geno or whoever the starting QB struggles there would be an instantaneous QB controversy, with the hack, beat-writers for the NY rags manipulating the Obama-voting Jets fan base that Mark is the answer.

That said, I think he's better than any signal caller on the Raiders roster. I think he could start and have marginal success there.

However, Mark Sanchez will never be a Super Bowl winning QB for the Jets. So, he needs to go.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    Wait I thought Sanchez won the job...based on your statement here it's not that Sanchez won the job it's that Geno lost it...remember the patented Sanchez pick on a screen pass vs lions second play of first preseason game? That was epically predictable...in fact I wonder if Sanchez hold the all time record for most picks thrown to dlineman in a career.
    Once Ladanian Tomlinson left town Mark had no outlet scatback receiver and that hindered him.

Picks thrown to defensive linemen indicate bad offensive coordination and playcalling; Tony Sparano was a disaster, ran the most predictable offense in the NFL with the worst WR's in the NFL. Point is, it's hard to differentiate the blame that lies with Mark Sanchez and the blame that lies with the rest of the pathetic offense. Many Jets fans want to find out the truth, want to see Sanchez under a good OC. After all the playoff wins and after all the positives we saw in his first two seasons and after all that money, would be nice to get a peek before he's cast away.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    Sanchez played so poorly in the last 2 seasons he played that not only did he nullify the playoff success he experienced in the first two years, but he cost Tanny his job and forced the Jets to draft a QB last year (unthinkable after the 2010 season).
    Nope.

Mike Tannenbaum did such a poor job of player personnel in his last two seasons that he ruined his young and promising quarterback. No one coming out of training camp 2011 or 2012 thought we had a professional offense out there, Chaz Schillens on the field, a revolving door of lousy offensive coordinators, Burress and Tomlinson and Edwards not replaced, no running game, injured tight end, porous offensive line, flirting with Manning, bringing in Tebow, horrible.

If you sat down and tried to figure out a way to ruin a young quarterback's career in it's 3rd and 4th year you couldn't have scripted it out any better than the Jets executed it, its almost like they did it deliberately. It's what happens when a defensive coordinator masquerading as a head coach runs amok with the draft and a GM masquerading as George Steinbrenner runs amok with the back pages.

And what we do know about Mark Sanchez is that he played big in big games, won 4 playoff games on the road, and was the best Jet on the field in two AFC Championship Games. We know we killed our offense, we know we had lousy personnel, we know we had lousy coaching, would have been nice to see Mark get some support after how Rex and Tanny threw him under the bus like this. The tragedy isn't Mark Sanchez getting cut; the tragedy is not knowing how he might have performed if supported and groomed properly.

SAR I

Mark may have been "ruined", but he also was never that great to begin with.

Keep him as a backup if they want to. That's fine. Just get rid of his terrible contract and make it known he is NOT our starter.

Tapping while talking

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here's what we know:

1. If Geno Smith hadn't unexpectedly fallen to the Jets, we weren't going to draft him.
    Probably true. The Jets didn't move up.

2. Mark Sanchez won the quarterback competition only 7 months ago before he was injured.
    According to Mark Sanchez, but also probably true. I'd be shocked if a rookie could beat out a 4 year vet in one camp while splitting reps 50%. It was always my expectation that Geno would eventually take over the job about 4-8 games into the year.

3. Geno Smith did nothing in a 16 game season to inspire confidence that he is an NFL franchise quarterback.
    This one is false. Geno's last quarter of the season inspired a lot of confidence. No doubt Geno had an uneven year and laid some eggs, but I place more emphasis on recent results and Geno's last 4 games were very good, going 3-1. In the "what have you done for me lately" category Geno passes the starting QB test. He had the second best QB rating in the NFL over the last 4 weeks of the season (Peyton Manning was better). MM and the Jets really figured out how to gameplan for Smith, mix in some designed runs and minimize his mistakes. I think it took a few months but the lightbulb went on.

In those three victories in the final quarter of the season...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

4. Rex and Marty and the rest of the coaching staff are on a prove-it-every-season leach.
    Of course.

5. There are no quarterbacks available that are guaranteed to be better than Mark Sanchez.

Put another way, if Mark Sanchez didn't have a huge bonus and a big payout for 2014, the Jets wouldn't cut him. So if he makes himself affordable, stands to reason they'd keep him.

SAR I
    Agreed.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-15-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Practice Squad
    Nope.

Mike Tannenbaum did such a poor job of player personnel in his last two seasons that he ruined his young and promising quarterback. No one coming out of training camp 2011 or 2012 thought we had a professional offense out there, Chaz Schillens on the field, a revolving door of lousy offensive coordinators, Burress and Tomlinson and Edwards not replaced, no running game, injured tight end, porous offensive line, flirting with Manning, bringing in Tebow, horrible.

If you sat down and tried to figure out a way to ruin a young quarterback's career in it's 3rd and 4th year you couldn't have scripted it out any better than the Jets executed it, its almost like they did it deliberately. It's what happens when a defensive coordinator masquerading as a head coach runs amok with the draft and a GM masquerading as George Steinbrenner runs amok with the back pages.

And what we do know about Mark Sanchez is that he played big in big games, won 4 playoff games on the road, and was the best Jet on the field in two AFC Championship Games. We know we killed our offense, we know we had lousy personnel, we know we had lousy coaching, would have been nice to see Mark get some support after how Rex and Tanny threw him under the bus like this. The tragedy isn't Mark Sanchez getting cut; the tragedy is not knowing how he might have performed if supported and groomed properly.

SAR I
    So if Schotty or Sunny G's were OC for Brady or ARodg they would have over 30 TO's in 2 years ? Look at the slobs the pats took off the street last year to play WR, Brady had a bad year for him, that would've been Marks best season.

I do agree Mark rose to the occasion in the playoff games in years 1&2. Can't take that away from him any more than you can take away how atrocious he played the following two seasons.

For me it's simple. Can you imagine Mark winning a Super Bowl for the Jets under any circumstance? I can't. Nothing personal towards Mark.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That is true, he is excellent in the classroom.

Positive rep from me.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    There has been talk for months that they are interested in Sanchez. I see no trade...they will probably pick him up after the Jets get rid of him. If a trade was possible, that would be great since you can't have too many draft picks.vvvv.jpg

Hall Of Fame

the raiders ? ?..well ,...yeahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfellow View Post
    Dump sanchez and end all this insanity and sign Jason Campbell and let him compete with Geno. End of discussion......................

jf
    Campbell is a bigger heap of garbage than mark ... We need to drop Mark and draft a rookie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Probably true. The Jets didn't move up.

According to Mark Sanchez, but also probably true. I'd be shocked if a rookie could beat out a 4 year vet in one camp while splitting reps 50%. It was always my expectation that Geno would eventually take over the job about 4-8 games into the year.

This one is false. Geno's last quarter of the season inspired a lot of confidence. No doubt Geno had an uneven year and laid some eggs, but I place more emphasis on recent results and Geno's last 4 games were very good, going 3-1. In the "what have you done for me lately" category Geno passes the starting QB test. He had the second best QB rating in the NFL over the last 4 weeks of the season (Peyton Manning was better). MM and the Jets really figured out how to gameplan for Smith, mix in some designed runs and minimize his mistakes. I think it took a few months but the lightbulb went on.

In those three victories in the final quarter of the season...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Of course.

Agreed.
    and if we keep SANCHEZ we open the locker room for division. Plus REX has a history of favoring SANCHEZ and not really allowing a QB competition in camp. That would tear this young team apart. Some guys prefer GENO; others like Mark. Potential for disaster!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Campbell is a bigger heap of garbage than mark ... We need to drop Mark and draft a rookie.
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good choice to backup Geno thus not allowing the locker room to stumble due to divisiveness. Rex loves Sanchez. He never allowed a QB competition before, why would he start now?

Veteran
    Sanchez might like it out there, we know he likes the hotdogs in Oakland.

Let them battle it out. Geno wins he's the man. Either way I don't see this team in the playoff. So if Mark wins the naysayers will blame him and if Geno wins the Sanchez group will blame him. The team will back either QB it's the fans that will moan the decision. IMHO

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post

and if we keep SANCHEZ we open the locker room for division. Potential for disaster!
    Stop with that theory already. This was disproved last year when Sanchez won the QB competition, his head coach injured him for the year, and yet Mark stood on the sidelines cheering, assisting, and being a great teammate to Geno and all the other Jets.

It should also be noted that Sanchez could have forced his way out of town by now by being a jerk, and has handled himself with class and dignity, even moreso than Chad Pennington who is beloved around here despite screwing us up more than Mark Sanchez ever did.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    March 25, I believe.

It makes sense for Idzik to wait until the last minute because if we wind up with no potential backup QB's left that are a good fit our best remaining option would be to renegotiate with Sanchez just before he hits the market. No incentive for us to let him go early.

SAR I
    While there's no incentive to let him go early, there's certainly no incentive to ever, ever, ever bring him back under any circumstances. It would be in the best interests of both parties if they permanently parted ways. There's too much negativity and baggage here for Sanchez to ever be successful in NY, even in a backup role. He needs a change of scenery, and so do the Jets.

All Pro
    Cut Sanchez, sign Fitz or Campbell or Hill. Best for both sides to move on.

Reggie McKenzie gives Sanchez an 8-year, $200M contract with $100M guaranteed. Everybody wins.

Apart from the Raiders, of course. They continue to suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Cut Sanchez, sign Fitz or Campbell or Hill. Best for both sides to move on.

Reggie McKenzie gives Sanchez an 8-year, $200M contract with $100M guaranteed. Everybody wins.

Apart from the Raiders, of course. They continue to suck.
    and al davis isn't even around anymore...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That is true, he is excellent in the classroom.
    you mean in practice when he has a RED jersey and shorts ask rex

please anyone take him he needs to get the hell out of ny unless the giants want him that would be funny

sanchez for nasib get it done idzik