Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Rodding: anyone? Show me yours ill show u mine....

Hot Rodding: anyone? Show me yours ill show u mine....

Ive been turning wrenches for over 30 years. How about you? Please post your projects and classics. Im interested.

My newest project is a 62 falcon. I am on spring break, you motherfkers, because the union says i get one.
    Anyway, I have a schedule and goals set for this falcon so for the next few days ill be putting 12 hrs in per and posting progress.

Today, i worked, came home and just pulled the old six banger and tranny. For Day 2, my goal will be to install motor mounts, degrease engine compartment, apply rust paint and then topcoat it. Anyway......what do you have motherfkers? Better not be a challenger, cus ill kill u
    image.jpg

Good luck with this thread.

Bunch of leasers out here.

Lol yea im not expecting sar1 to chime in but surely there are some guys here with projects or classics right? For crying out loud we are nyers with extra dough lying around

No way im the only one

And this was my last project....a 67 mustang much lile pops 67 that took me home from boulevard hospital in jackson heights when i was born.
    I built the motor, did bodywork, painted, aw hell i did everything nobody else touched her....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Wow, pretty sweet Mustang. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow, pretty sweet Mustang. Nice work.
    Thank you for being a professional and not hurling a personal attack like your dumb, hypocritical coworker 32
    Last edited by dickkotite; 03-14-2014 at 10:39 PM.

All Pro
    Nice. Really nice. I don't know if Detroit ever produced a prettier car than those mid-late 60s Mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Nice. Really nice. I don't know if Detroit ever produced a prettier car than those mid-late 60s Mustangs.
    Thank u bushy for being positive. Unlike 32, a hypocrite who is bitter about life and projects his pain unto others. As if i banged hisvex wife lol give me a break. Im friggin super picky

Cmon fellas i cant be the only one. Ill bet sooth has a 67 camaro in the gayrage. Ill bet someone has a nice baracuda to boot

All Pro
    I like Falcons, Would like to see more before pictures if you feel like posting them. Definitely a healthy and productive way to spend a spring break.

Anyway, for this falcon project, my goal is rat rodish in that i want it to be done fast n cheap. I am going to do 90 percent bodywork and then black her out with plasti dip for a cheap, flat paint job arounnd 100 bucks. Stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    I like Falcons, Would like to see more before pictures if you feel like posting them. Definitely a healthy and productive way to spend a spring break.
    Awww gunnails is right on. An invite to feed my ego. Stay tuned for the next 10 days. Either i will be hapy, or i will be smashing that clean windsheild in disgust. Lets see what happens....a 62 is a grey area vs. a 64 or 65 which is essentially a mustang. Those damned motor mounts better install right in the am or i will flip out

All Pro
    I have owned some nice vehicles but never a hot rod.

When I was in High School 76-80 we had some beauties in the student parking lot, Cuddah's, Chevelle's, Rivieras's, Camaro's, Chargers, Javalein's, Falcons, Impalas, Gto's, GTX, Chargers,and on and on. All had Cragar wheels and air shocks, lol. You could get them in great shape for a couple thousand dollars.

67, 396 Chevelle SS would be my car in a dream world kinda way.

All Pro
    Funny thing about a 62 Falcon is they are the dopiest, fugly, grandma looking cars when stock. But with that right mods they completely transform.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Never rebuilt a car like that and likely never will (hat's off dude, she's beautiful) but my contribution... any DYIers that ever make it up around Pennobscot Bay in Maine owe it to themselves to stop in at the Liberty Tool Company. Liberty Tool is an ancient 3 story wood frame house in the middle of nowhere that been buying job lots of tools at estate sales since before the civil war. Many of the tools they sell you won't find anywhere else in the world because they literally don't exist anywhere else...like giant wrenches bent at an angle at a local forge to fit a machine at some old paper mill. This is the real ****...back before standardization and mass production when men actually made their own tools. A living museum if you will to real men. Awe inspiring stuff.

I'll add some pics below if you give me a sec...

We have quite a bit of tools around here (the hampur) that cannot be found anywhere else either.

Awww hell yea liberty... That ole bastid in those pics is probably my mentor. Kind of like the burden i have mentoring 32' the bitter hypocrite moderator on this site who hurls personal atracks despite the fact he is supposed to be above it and enforce sean deegans vision

Ever see a 66 toronado? Well if u have a few grand to invest and a spot inyour garage, snatch one up.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Spot on. But when they are worked.... Well... Like u said. Nice

Lol no i meant to quote the grandma comment ....spoit on