Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez could play QB......once....

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at that game sitting right near the EZ, it really was great play and pass

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet fans really like to dump on the players. I'll stay rooting for Mark until if and when we cut him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    Sanchez made a number of good throws in the Colts game too. He made a sick pump fake to Edwards and had a clutch TD throw to Dustin Keller right before he got crushed.
    Yeah those were some great throws. ....that one to Keller was huge, was on a 3rd down too if I remember correctly

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Restructure, familiar w/ system, back up, challenge, teach, younger, can step in for a couple of plays or games who knows maybe season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Let's be real here. In 2009 he had the best o-line in football. Put that o-line on this team with Ivory pounding and we probably could make a playoff run again. But unfortunately this o-line is just average, and it makes all the difference.
    Stop already.

Chad Pennington had the best offensive line in the NFL for years and didn't win dick. Mark Sanchez was the hottest QB prospect in the NFL in '09 and '10 and the Jets ruined him, plain and simple.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I was at that game sitting right near the EZ, it really was great play and pass
    +1

If you look at each of the 6 playoff games and name the best offensive player on the field, I have Mark Sanchez being that person in 4 of them.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Stop already.

Chad Pennington had the best offensive line in the NFL for years and didn't win dick. Mark Sanchez was the hottest QB prospect in the NFL in '09 and '10 and the Jets ruined him, plain and simple.

SAR I

I believe this and always will. sanchez could of been really good here.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

If you look at each of the 6 playoff games and name the best offensive player on the field, I have Mark Sanchez being that person in 4 of them.

SAR I

What are your thoughts on Mark's chances of rebounding, if he makes the team this year and can compete for the job in camp?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez did win 4 away playoff games.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    I am so afraid Mark is going to light it up somewhere. I just feel we did him wrong. we gave him nothing to work with.
    this the same people who support Geno and say he needs weapons are the one bashing Sanchez for not performing having worse weapons. I swear we have some of the worst educated fans in world.
    I am thinking they Keep Sanchez and he beats Geno in camp and then the haters will be out in force

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    this the same people who support Geno and say he needs weapons are the one bashing Sanchez for not performing having worse weapons. I swear we have some of the worst educated fans in world.
    I am thinking they Keep Sanchez and he beats Geno in camp and then the haters will be out in force
    Yup.

Anyone see Joe Flacco last season? Did he lose all of his Super Bowl skills in a single 4 month offseason? Think the Ravens are trying to run him out of town?

Our fans are ridiculous, most of them are Mets fans, they care more about the buttfumble embarrassment than they do the quality of play, they simply don't get it.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I believe this and always will. sanchez could of been really good here.
    Perhaps he still can if given the opportunity. The sad thing for Jets fans is that after all these seasons and all that money, we may have found our next Namath and blew it by the worst handling of a QB prospect in team history. We'll never know if Mark might have blossomed into a great one, that's not the point. The point is that we mismanaged him, crushed him, took away his weapons, focused too much on stupid defense, undermined his leadership, stunted his growth. That is indisputable.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    sanchez did win 4 away playoff games.
    None of that matters. I mean, what's more important, winning playoff games or being on ESPN's worst plays of the week?

Mets fans can't handle being teased and the Buttfumble hurt their fragile, loser feelings too deeply to see Mark Sanchez in a positive light ever again. They'd do the same thing to David Wright if he slipped on a banana peel rounding first base and had to take the water-cooler heat from Yankee fans.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the difference between sanchez and geno smith is that sanchez did not run for pay dirt.where as geno is an accomplished runner.checkout his stats against sanchez stats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    slightly off topic but i read it the other day. since 2009, guess which qb prospect had the slowest 40 yard dash? that's right, our own mark. i read it on nfl.com. didn't seem right though. but just goes to show you, we all thought he was quick, and yeah he had happy feet, but he wasn't even fast compared to his peers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Making a good throw on occasion apparently makes someone good.

Lol, Sanchez lovers are head over heels in love with mediocrity.

Tapping while talking

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of that matters. I mean, what's more important, winning playoff games or being on ESPN's worst plays of the week?

Mets fans can't handle being teased and the Buttfumble hurt their fragile, loser feelings too deeply to see Mark Sanchez in a positive light ever again. They'd do the same thing to David Wright if he slipped on a banana peel rounding first base and had to take the water-cooler heat from Yankee fans.

SAR I
    You have to stop blaming Met fans. Many of us support Sanchez and many of the haters are Yankee fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    sorry but he is an inconsistent QB and never will be a franchise QB due to his own limitations. He can be a serviceable QB as long as the team has nearly all-pro talent at all positions as your video shows. But pressure on him and he has happy feet and loses accuracy. He possibly can revive his career elsewhere. I doubt he can do it in NY.
    I won't argue you on the inconsistency because it's largely a true observation. The rest is over the top hyperbole and probably the one thing that annoys me when attempting to discuss football with many of the posters here on the strip. Pressure him and he has happy feet and loses his accuracy? Did you not see the exact video that started the thread? Nearly all-pro talent at ALL positions? Aside from Mangold and Brick I'd say the only one on that offense that approached that level was Cotchery. Beyond that, JAGS. Serviceable, yes. Above average, maybe. But nearly all-pro, no way.

I'd like to see Sanchez return at a cheaper rate as I feel he can be a very capable backup ala Pat Ryan. He could also serve as a stopgap until the team gets it's OL and QB situation sussed out, because neither is looking too great right about now. It all comes down to the money at this point, because to chase one of the other available QBs out there really doesn't make much sense if you really, objectively look at it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't agree more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Making a good throw on occasion apparently makes someone good.

Lol, Sanchez lovers are head over heels in love with mediocrity.

Tapping while talking
    Not sure there is to many people believing Sanchez is good. Mismanaged, yes. If people think Sanchez is good based based off his body of work, then they are nuts. He may have potential, but We may never know. He has had zero weapons to start and being in his infancy In the NFL, that matters. By infancy, u mean the first 4 years.