Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Media continues to pour it on the Jets; Decker to NY one of the WORST FA signings

You don't get respect you have to earn it. The media sees's a receiver who is going from a hall of fame QB who can put the ball on the money to a QB who has trouble throwing the ball.

I know its customary to post links when presenting the board with an article but when it's more negative media attention can we just say you can find it on nfl.com? Why help get these sights more clicks and why click articles that will only upset you? The worth of the decker signing will be proven on the field despite what anyone thinks before the era begins.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    The same media also predicted that the Jets would be the worse team in the league during the 2013 season. Why do many of you even pay attention to the media lol. I pretty much let the Jets play on the field bring me to any conclusions. The Jets signed two starters from two super bowl teams. The patriots sign browner and its a super deal even though he lost his job to another player in 2013. Any person with base knowledge of football can easily see that Idzik and company are building a good team for the present and the long haul. As a rational fan I am also patient and not go ballistic as so many others when in the early hours of free agency the Jets were quiet. This team has 12 draft picks in what is called the deepest draft in the last 10 years. That alone speaks volumes for me.vvv.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jets a poor fit for Eric Decker

Poor*Eric Decker. Yes,*he got paid. He's on this list not because of the contract, which is actually somewhat reasonable, but rather because of the fit for the receiver. Decker is closer to a*No. 2 receiver*than a No. 1. In New York, he's currently 1A, 1B and 7F. He goes from being the third option, to having the likes of*Darrelle Revis*andBrent Grimes*shadowing him on Sundays. Decker traded in his Bentley,*Peyton Manning, for an Oldsmobile Toronado,*Geno Smith. As we discussed on Friday's "Around The League Podcast" wide receiver went from a pass-happy offense to one that wants to grind the ball. Surely, his reality show will get better ratings in New York now, but his football life just got a whole lot tougher.

-- Kevin Patra

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ignings-so-far

------------

Lol. Any other team and it's a great move for a team trying to get better. When it's the Jets? Terrible move and poor Decker.

Pretty incredible how the media continues to bash the Jets for anything and everything.

Tapping while talking

It's not about taking them seriously or anything like that. It's that they actually say this garbage and people still consider them respectable journalists.

Tapping while talking

the media are a bunch of blowhards

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Good point. The only thing I find humorous is that some people let it upset them. I find it comical because the media is usually wrong. The most enjoyable part of the 2013 season for me was watching the NFL network after a Jets win and see them cringe because they could not find much to talk negative about the team. They are talking idiocy and the Jets have 12 draft picks. No mention on the success of last years draft. Let them keep talking negative....the actual Jets team and staff and the rational fans could care less.vvv.jpg

It's not about taking them seriously or anything like that. It's that they actually say this garbage and people still consider them respectable journalists.

Tapping while talking

I can't see how it is a bad signing from either player or team. The jets get a solid pro, and he chose to come to NY.

To all media members:

Good, let the hate flow through you.

Veteran
    The article reads more as a hit on Decker. It reads as so, here is this talented #2 receiver coming from the luxury of a team with one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game throwing to him, to a team with a QB that we have no idea if he will even be playing week one. It really makes it look like we stole this guy and he was a fool to come here. Hay thanks for the report, it says the jets just got better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets a poor fit for Eric Decker

Poor*Eric Decker. Yes,*he got paid. He's on this list not because of the contract, which is actually somewhat reasonable, but rather because of the fit for the receiver. Decker is closer to a*No. 2 receiver*than a No. 1. In New York, he's currently 1A, 1B and 7F. He goes from being the third option, to having the likes of*Darrelle Revis*andBrent Grimes*shadowing him on Sundays. Decker traded in his Bentley,*Peyton Manning, for an Oldsmobile Toronado,*Geno Smith. As we discussed on Friday's "Around The League Podcast" wide receiver went from a pass-happy offense to one that wants to grind the ball. Surely, his reality show will get better ratings in New York now, but his football life just got a whole lot tougher.

-- Kevin Patra

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ignings-so-far

------------

Lol. Any other team and it's a great move for a team trying to get better. When it's the Jets? Terrible move and poor Decker.

Pretty incredible how the media continues to bash the Jets for anything and everything.

Tapping while talking
    The media sucks!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    the media are a bunch of blowhards
    I thought BLOWHARDS were BLOWFISH ( Dolphins) fans!LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    You don't get respect you have to earn it. The media sees's a receiver who is going from a hall of fame QB who can put the ball on the money to a QB who has trouble throwing the ball.
    Suckchez will not be throwing the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Won't have to throw his way. We will be able to run the ball down their throats. They have no run defense so it works in our favor. Pats are trying to keep up with Denver, but physical teams will be able to beat them up.
    Exactly! When we get our pass catching feature back ( mjd? ) the Pats can cover Decker and Kerley all they want. Geno will probably throw the ball 15 to 20 times max. Ground and pound baby!!! Keep Tommy boy off the field. That's the strategy we want to use against them anyways. Screw what the media says and in fact the Jets play better when underdogs and nobody gives them the time of day. I would much rather see it this way then if the media was on their bandwagon because the opposite seems to occur when that happens. Last year was a prime example. They lose and the roof falls in. They win and Geno is going to the playoffs!. Then they lose again and it's all negative. It went on and on to an almost sickening degree but that's how it is in the media. Ignore it Jets fans and put your money on the Jets and the longshot to win the AFC. As of now I think they are a 8 to 9 win team. I won't get too much into this yet because so much needs and will be done before the whole team is put together this year. I am liking everything so far.
    Last edited by george jetfan from miami; 03-15-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Guess what - Decker is a #2 and is being paid like a #2. The guy makes $1 million per year more then brian hartline - BRIAN HARTLINE.

Is mike wallace a number 1 because he makes almost double what decker does.

We needed size at the receiver spot and got a strong veteran player who can fit right into our offense from day 1. Nothing else you can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    We can never win with the media. It's ridiculous. Oh I'm sorry we shouldn't sign a great #2 WR to a reasonable contract just because we don't have a #1 yet? There isn't an original thought amongst these idiots. The fact that we didn't let Decker and his agent bend us over the barrel due to our desperation for WRs makes this signing amazing.
    It's the most absurd thing I've ever read. It literally says - good price, good player - but because he's now the best the best receiver they have (4 days into FA - with over 30mm still to spend) it was a terrible signing

It doesn't intimate that - that's the literal point he's making. Should be fired.

I guess hating on the Jets is still envougue.

All League
    I just tweeted kpatra and politely asked him who in his opinion should the jets have signed in FA? Was there a better fit for the #1 WR in FA?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Guess what - Decker is a #2 and is being paid like a #2. The guy makes $1 million per year more then brian hartline - BRIAN HARTLINE.

We needed size at the receiver spot and got a strong veteran player who can fit right into our offense from day 1. Nothing else you can say.
    Wallace lol...much rather have Decker, especially if that numbers comparison is accurate

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I just tweeted kpatra and politely asked him who in his opinion should the jets have signed in FA? Was there a better fit for the #1 WR in FA?
    Good. Thanks - would love to hear a response.

Right, if they couldn't trade for megaton then they should just stick with the talentless core they have. That's essentially the point he's making

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

That's the thing with the article. His argument isn't the Jets overpaid for his talent - in fact he says they paid a good price - his argument is the jets QB and other WR are so bad that he's the worst in free agency so far because he wasn't a good enough upgrade.

Guys it's not even worth complaining about. It's like complaining about the Dolphin fans chanting J.E.T.S. suck suck suck instead of rooting for there own team. The same mentality and it won't change anytime soon. That is how it is and it will be that much more enjoyable when we get to the next level like Seattle just did. We are not far away